HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Silent Hill is official and I'm just as excited as all of you are. If we could keep the Silent Hill discussion in the "Welcome to Silent Hill" thread, that would be great. Any posts related to SH will be moved to that thread. Thanks guys!

So no Walking Dead announcement yet. They probably did not want it to conflict with SH.

A generic zombie maze with multiple references to Walking Dead scenes... which I'm guessing is what the maze would be anyway... I guess it's possible that a Rick lookalike can jump out at you with a gun or something, but I have a feeling they'd only use zombies...

At HHN Orlando's event in 2007.... they only had the rights to Freddy, Jason, Leatherface... not the other characters. However the other characters did show up in the house. Specifically, TCM was a major one since it had leatherface's family & Jessica Biel's character.... so a walking dead house could easily just have the name & call it a day.

Eitherway, it will be a generic zombie house with a brand name & familiar scenes to those who have watched the tv series/read the comic

^ Not to mention HHN Orlando has had multiple occasions where a maze was inspired by a movie. (05's Demon Cantina was inspired by "From Dusk Til' Dawn", 08's Intersteller Terror was inspired by "Event Horizon".)

I also recall that when they had the first All Night DrIvE In house in 03', they didn't have the rights for the characters as well, so Freddy, Jason, Leatherface had to be mentioned as Nightmare Man, Chainsaw dude etc.

Though most recently (and more fitting for this situation) for 09's Silver Screams house, while they didn't have the rights for Evil Dead/Army of Darkness...they sure did have a Army of Darkness room in the house. (I believe they called it "Midevil Dead" or something like that.)

Either way, even if the rights for TWD fall through, the maze will certainly be chock full of TWD references, it just won't be called that.

No, it most likely is. There are just unconfirmed rumors that Uni hasn't gotten full rights. We would still have the maze, just with lookalike characters and scenes, just enough so that it's legal. I only heard the rumor on this forum, so if someone can send me a link to the rumor that would be great.

The only reason we know HHN Orlando has a Walking Dead house is due to construction (rv & barn) & two house scene names (scene 1 - hospital hallway, scene 4- rooftop). It just needs the confirmation.

However since construction on the other houses for HHN Hollywood has begun (or will begin... too lazy to check what Murdy said), so if you happen to see a Barn or an RV show up at one of the house locations, that should be a good sign for the house.

Now that Dante is still on the table even after the Silent Hill announcement, it still leaves it open for an original Murdy creation. Since he loves Alice Cooper and WTMN was so popular last year, I think he will want to try a new theme with AC for this year. Let's remember that the title of the maze has the letter "D" in it. Let's see what potential albums Cooper could theme a maze on...

-DragonTown

-Dirty Diamonds

-Prince of Darkness

-Theater of Death (One of his live albums?)

Judging by the images MUrdy looked up like Las Vegas Buffet, Lost Franklin Expedition, it sounds like DragonTown could be a possibility. Theater of Death could be a broad enough theme to include those. We'll just have to see.

^ Not to mention HHN Orlando has had multiple occasions where a maze was inspired by a movie. (05's Demon Cantina was inspired by "From Dusk Til' Dawn", 08's Intersteller Terror was inspired by "Event Horizon".)

I also recall that when they had the first All Night DrIvE In house in 03', they didn't have the rights for the characters as well, so Freddy, Jason, Leatherface had to be mentioned as Nightmare Man, Chainsaw dude etc.

Though most recently (and more fitting for this situation) for 09's Silver Screams house, while they didn't have the rights for Evil Dead/Army of Darkness...they sure did have a Army of Darkness room in the house. (I believe they called it "Midevil Dead" or something like that.)

Either way, even if the rights for TWD fall through, the maze will certainly be chock full of TWD references, it just won't be called that.

Exactly the point I was making. Although I do hope we get TWD maze. But then again, we would have an "original" maze! My guess is their back up plan is to have it called Zombieville to be another sequel to the Scarezone similar to how La Llorona was done. I'm probably off, but that's close to what they probably will have to do.

^I know. Don't get too worked up. ;)

The point of speculation is to observe all possibilities and rumors that come our way. This happens to be one of them. :)

Now that Dante is still on the table even after the Silent Hill announcement, it still leaves it open for an original Murdy creation. Since he loves Alice Cooper and WTMN was so popular last year, I think he will want to try a new theme with AC for this year. Let's remember that the title of the maze has the letter "D" in it. Let's see what potential albums Cooper could theme a maze on...

-DragonTown

-Dirty Diamonds

-Prince of Darkness

-Theater of Death (One of his live albums?)

Judging by the images MUrdy looked up like Las Vegas Buffet, Lost Franklin Expedition, it sounds like DragonTown could be a possibility. Theater of Death could be a broad enough theme to include those. We'll just have to see.

DragonTown could be a possibility. In fact, DragonTown is about hell. Dante's Inferno is about hell. Hmmmmmm...............;)

So I wonder what could be at T2...

^I know. Don't get too worked up. ;)

The point of speculation is to observe all possibilities and rumors that come our way. This happens to be one of them. :)

I know that, just want to know where that rumor originally surfaced.

So apparently, Silent Hill is actually down at the Lower Lot behind the Mummy

Had a feeling that would happen. My reasoning is that the video game seemed claustrophobic perfect for the Mummy Queue.

So I wonder what could be at T2...

I know that, just want to know where that rumor originally surfaced.

I do too.

I don't know where the rumor came from but lately rumors are more than that. Just speculating the possibilities. Sorry if I sounded like a smart-ass prick in my last post. I reread it and realized the tone could have sounded a bit like that.

I was hoping Murdy was working with John Carpenter to make an original creation. Oh well. It sounds like Walking Dead is going to go in the Terminator venue. It better go there since Orlando is having theirs in the Disaster queue. The sets do look like they could be a tad WD-ish.

But that is probably the biggest "WTC!" we have ever has in speculation, ever. Guessing the right maze from what we've seen in the wrong wrong venue for the wrong code name. :wacko: