What do you do when you get scared?

I saw this question over in the Hollywood section and thought it was a really good question, so I thought I would ask it over here.

When you get scared or go through a haunted house/scarezone.. what is your reaction? I've heard so many different reactions going with friends.. Some let out a string of cuss words.. some guys and girls let out high pitched screams.. some are silent.. there have been many different reactions.. What is yours?

Personally.. I tend to "EEK" Yes, weirdly enough.. when I get scared that is what I say.. or I gasp.. I have only actually screamed a handful of times.. I think.. ha

I scream...quite loudly...generally in the ear of the person in front of me while jumping on their back!!

OR...I cuss...a lot... and quite loudly, generally followed by laughter!!

OR...as my husband would say it, I see Jesus a lot!!

And Liz, I know I've heard you scream at least 10 times!!

I usually will lean back in the other direction, often smiling at the same time. The amount that I jump back and how fast I do it depends on how startled I got. I usually don't make any noise, but I might yell WHOA or something of the sort. It takes a good distraction and an aggressive scareactor to make me jump, but when it happens I always smile as I jump back. Often giving a thumbs up to whoever got me so good.

Inside of "The In-Between" I use profanity from the start of the first room to the end.

I did this as well my first time through that house.

And after this last trip to HHN, I've noticed that after a few drinks, I DO scream. :lol:

I suppose it depends on how scared I get, if I'm already on edge I'll generally gasp or I'll, as my friends call it, 'squeak' and say eep!, and then laugh awkwardly, but if I'm completely caught off guard I'll scream...and then trip (gotta love being a klutz)

Normal and most frequently:

Me + Scare => Me + faces direction of scare + English Accent + "'Ello!"

Boo Doors:

Me + Scare => Me + faces direction of scare + English Accent + "'El.. ...." - English Accent + thought bubble(Why am I talking to a wall in an English accent?)

Full Contact:

Me + Complete lack of awareness of outside world + Scareactor + Collision + Scare => Me + looks at recently-attacked scareactor + English Accent + "So sorry!" + walks away quickly

Sneak Attack:

Me + Complete lack of awareness of outside world + everything seeming normal + sudden presence of guy/girl dressed like zombie/werewolf/statue/burn victim/pig/bird/Freddy/god-knows-what in my field of vision [optionally, + grunt/"urgn"/scream/gurgle/other sound from guy/girl] => Me + pauses in stride briefly + English Accent + "Oh, dear me!"

Epic Fail Sneak Attack:

Me + Complete lack of awareness of outside world + everything seeming normal + plainly visible guy/girl dressed like zombie/werewolf/statue/burn victim/pig/bird/Freddy/god-knows-what several yards away + [optionally, + also, gigantic because of stilts] + a few more steps + not-so-sudden presence of guy/girl in my field of vision [optionally, + grunt/"urrgn"/scream/gurgle/other sound from guy/girl] => Me + pauses in stride briefly + manners + acting chops like Robert DeNiro + English Accent + "Oh, dear me" [optionally, + "!"] + A for effort for scareactor + B for effort for me (I deduct 10% for almost forgetting my manners)

Wardrobe ruinment:

Me + casually wandering around innocent theme park + real, actual scare that isn't just a Boo or other jump scare [optionally, + feeling of imminent pain/discomfort/death] => Me + all the Bad Words I know mixed together into one utterance vaguely sounding like "gurfurgah!" + movement in opposite direction quickly + cloud left behind, Scooby Doo style + thought bubble(I guess I'm going to finally have to wash these jeans) + shortest possible elapsed time + giant Animal Thigh On A Bone (I find that consuming parts of enormous creatures after being scared like a little girl helps refill my Masculinity Meter)

Scareactor High Score

Any of the above conditions + done well/twice in a row => me + curb/bench + watches scareactor do the same thing to five hundred other people + point + "haw, haw!"

I hope I've provided an accurate representation of my responses; I don't think I've left anything out. If I have, just assume it somehow involves an English accent, though I am of 0% English heritage/origin.

I actually don't know where the English Accent thing came from. All told, I'm really not sure which is the odder idiosyncrasy : the fact that my most frequent response is to say "Hello" or the fact that I do so with a fake (and bad) English Accent, purely out of reflex . . . . . .

I smile. Getting scared makes me happy since it doesn't happen as often. Then I follow it with saying "That was good."

That sounds much like my response...great minds think alike. B)

Now if it's a very unexpected scare, I give the "f" word a good workout.