Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

Mark M.

Oh. My. God. Wet dream. I wasn't expecting much, honestly, but I do like John Cusack and this looks like it might be doing some pretty good justice to the stories. Keep your fingers crossed. Apologize for the detour in subject matter here.

yeah, sign me up for that film. Looks AMAZING!! Now, back to topic!

lol yeah sorry, the trailer was released in the day of Poe's death anniversary and i didn't wanted to make a thread about the movie

Toss up between this and Steam for Top House....I keep flip flopping. They are both about even to be completely honest, and that's perfectly fine. I do LOVE this house, and actually went though this house telling several Edgar's that I loved them. It's theming is superb and it's scareactors are always on their A game. Unique, original house that is definitely worth several visits. 10/10

Edited by cwoolboy

Can never get enough of Edgar - my fave still being walling us in Edgar. So mournful, so gleeful, always a treat to see how he is handling things each night.

Also got a lot more attention tonight, especially in the finale. I'm thinking there may be more Nightmares in there than I realized. As always, good job, everyone, and thanks! Fabulous house.

So, does anyone know what the giant side entrance to this house is used for? When I was there, I saw it used once. They stopped me to let (who I'm pretty sure was) Gloria Estefan and her husband, a security guard, and some official looking Universal employees walk through ahead of me.

I'm just wondering, because that is all I saw it used for and it seemed like such an odd purpose for such a minimally used feature.

This house is in my top three of the year (the other two being Saws & Steam and the Forsaken). Rarely do we get a back walk through here. We refer to teams A and B as "Drunk Poe" and "Writing Poe" respectively, in reference to the portrayal in the first room. I'm sad to see Drunk Poe doesn't have his bottle lately. I love to see him swinging it around. At the end, my favorite insane Poe is Team B because he is the most active/threatening, but I love both of the casts overall.

Now for some comments with spoilers, so don't read any further if you haven't been through it yet:

I love that there are now two Virginias in the portrait room (there was only one at the beginning of the season, correct?) and that they don't only come out when the room goes dark after Poe's lamentation now. The first time they came out with the lights on scared the hell out of me because it was totally unexpected.

Also, I noticed in the dancing room that one guy doesn't have his mechanical partner. I saw one person, assumed it was a fake and the scareactor was out sick. Got a hell of a shock when he suddenly jumped out and was in my face.

the SA's last night were still going all out to get scares, though i only recieved a few. defenitely a highlight of the year(like everything else)and i still think the scenes are awesome. i also finally got to see the pendulum moving.

the SA's last night were still going all out to get scares, though i only recieved a few. defenitely a highlight of the year(like everything else)and i still think the scenes are awesome. i also finally got to see the pendulum moving.

• 7 months later...

Being a fan of classic literature, and of course a fan of Poe. I thoroughly enjoyed the house. Its great imagining what a story may be like, but its quite another thing getting to experience some pieces from classic works such as these. As a house by itself, I would give it a better than average rating, to me the house only had a couple flubs. But as a fan of Poes works, I loved it. The only things that I did not enjoy were the pages room after the telltale heart, and the ending. I know in the context of the house that these things both fit. It was supposed to be like a walk through Poes mind, I get it. That being said, its still a haunted house. The pages room was weak and could have been done better. It was fogless, and the pages were low enough to see and high enough to not really pose an obstacle, which made it easy to spot the scareactor at the end of the room. The ending was abrupt and did not have the closure that I expected from the way that they set up the initial room, it was a designed flustercluck that missed the mark. The house overall had some great moments. I loved the raven hallway, masque of the red death, and pit and the pendulum. Bravo!

• 4 months later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Nevermore: The Madness of Poe