HHN 2011: Terror Tram: Scream 4 Your Life!

Freak

So, I find the whole "Ghostface takes over the Terror Tram" thing to be really meh, except for one thing.

I'm really hoping that they bring back the immersive environment that TT presented in 2006. Back then, it was really like walking into a movie set. There were equal numbers of victims and baddies, and the action was going on around you rather than AT you. You were more like the fly on the wall, witnessing the stuff. In subsequent years, it was more like an outdoor house, with monsters popping out of boo holes. I loved the originality they presented in 2006, but I know the crowds were kinda split on it. Orlando did very much the same thing in Lights, Camera, Hacktion and it was great there, too.

If you recall, back in 2006, there were MANY more scareactors than in other years, because they had to fill the victim roles. So if the cast here will be even bigger, I'm getting a good feeling about this.

Did Murdy really say the events would only relate to Scream 4? That may be a good thing for me, since I never saw part 4. Yay! Originality, if only for me!

Things that will make me REALLY happy (if they happen):

1) No zombies in the WOTW set!!! I love zombies, but 5 years straight is rediculous.

2) No trip into the Mummy tunnel!! I speak for everyone here when I say PLEASE!!!

3) Bypass Whoville, or at least build a new facade around it. It simply hasn't fit with any past HHN and certainly not with Stab.

And regarding the "four fake movies", didn't Murdy say that was a planned clue for the TT that he did not use? I think he was simply telling us that; I don't think there's another clue hidden behind it. Back when the Director was running things, all of the "movies" on the backlot were fakes (but there were more than four). Why are people reading more into his tweet?

Edited by zombieman

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough, Scream 4 doesn't feature many outdoor scenes...

However, I can see them creating a barn like setting or maybe even some type of outdoor movie theater/drive in setting for Stab-a-Thon.

I think this is pretty much going to be 95% an original creation just using the Ghostface name and maybe some giveaway characters like Sidney, Dewey and Gale, maybe even a hanging Casey (since she is featured in Scream 4 but in a doll version).

Everything else though, I predict will be Murdy and co. figuring out how to work Ghostface into the scenery instead of the other way around.

This has it's pros and cons but at the moment, I'm remaining optimistic.

Considering this is ONLY the Terror Tram and NOT a maze, I don't think they can afford to fuck this up and quite possibly, the budget has been AMPED up for this beyond the other years so that doesn't happen.

Scream is such a HUGE property - - the only way to do this is make it the biggest Terror Tram ever.

Murdy just tweeted the set-up for the TT. Stab 8 (and 3 other horror films) are filming on the backlog. Videos have been surfacing of GF killing tram patrons. Nobody knows if they're real or extreme viral publicity. Despite the rumors, Universal has decided to all HHN patrons to visit the four sets as well as the Stab-a- Thon that will be taking place on the backlot.

Murdy also said they are not doing the sheet maze, but are trying something different. Also, Scream will be the entrance/turnstyle theme.

I love Scream as much as the next guy. Actually, I think I love it more than most of the people on these boards :rolleyes: So I'm psyched to see it getting some attention this year. But I'm gonna say this: some of your theories about what's going into TT seem a bit too much like wishful thinking pipe dreams. Extra facades? Fake drive-in? I, like all of you, would LOVE to see these things. But what experience on the TT in the past few years really lead you to believe that Murdy would spend that much $$$ for such huge upgrades and changes? I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I've been going to HHNH since 2007 and every year, the TT is essentially the same exact experience. There are some difference characters here and there but overall, you know what you're getting. The most likely scenario is that it will strongly resemble the Saw TT (or even last year's Chucky theme): the on-board video will be heavily themed to the icon. But once you get off the tram, it'll be the same hodge podge of clowns, zombies, Norman Bates', and monsters as it always is. I want to be wrong. I doubt I am.

Murdy also said they are not doing the sheet maze, but are trying something different. Also, Scream will be the entrance/turnstyle theme.

Even though we didn't have the sheet maze last year, I'm VERY happy to hear this. I mean, we've had that thing for 2008 and 2009 so I'm glad they're not just going to re-use the sheet maze since they've been there and done that. I'm delighted to hear that they're actually trying something new. I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. :)

Main theme for the turnstyle? Nice! I'm stoked to seeing Ghostface's image on the front gates! This is a Scream fanboy's dream come true! This year is shaping along very nicely!

*One week later*

"New Maze Announced in the Shrek Queue! A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Takes Mexico!"

I take back what I said about this year shaping along nicely. <_<

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll have to get some sort of Stab-a-thon theming in there somewhere. Especially, since they only have rights to part 4 and that's the most iconic (visually anyway) scene in the film. I just really hope they go to the trouble of making it feel like a true Scream experience instead of just giving us the same old Terror Tram with a Ghostface video and a few ghostfaces scattered throughout the backlot. Then using the standard sets/monsters (zombies in WOTW) and explaining it away as another "fake movie set", which sounds very likely. That would be the worst sort of insult to all the fans who've been asking for Scream this whole time, ya know?

I really don't want to be negative. I always hope for the best. Just, as I said, the TT has remained pretty much the same since I started coming to the event. Is this the year they amp it up and make some real changes? I certainly hope so! :)

interesting tidbits...

@HorrorNights Are you going to use the "sheet" maze in the backlot this year?

@m_horrorfan No...other plans

@HorrorNights seriously tho so the other three are movie within a movie scare zones?

@thesaurusboy688 You have to think about the physical site/sets.

so im assuming scream at ?, then bates, and then wotw thats the 3 fake movies are based around

Edited by djevilclown

, Universal has decided to all HHN patrons to visit the four sets as well as the Stab-a- Thon that will be taking place on the backlot.

ha I called it!!!! :D

*One week later*

"New Maze Announced in the Shrek Queue! A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Takes Mexico!"

I take back what I said about this year shaping along nicely. dry.gif

I would like to see this actualy.................

Freddy Takes Mexico would be bad ass... just sayin lmfao. That would definitely fill the void for a dark comedy maze... AND it would be original (pretty much, yeah).

I'm gonna go ahead and copy and paste everything Murdy said about TT today:

@djevilclown Not its own maze, GF will be the theme at the entrance

[OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG]

@HHNZone Stab 8 is one of the "Four Fake Films"

[... k, cool :)]

@DisneyGaGa No, it means what I said. The advertising will focus on multiple properties but GF is used like FK in years past

[GF as the main icon, YESSSS!!!!!!!!!]

"Today Universal announced 4 new horror films are shooting on the backlot, including “Stab 8” the latest sequel in the popular film series"

Eager to capitalize on this publicity bonanza, the theme park has started letting tourists on the Universal Studio Tour visit the production

With thousands of tourists rolling past the set every day, pretty much anyone with a cell phone has been given access to the production

A barrage of unauthorized photos & unsettling rumors about the troubled production have been lighting up blogs & chat rooms across the web.

The most damaging of these leaks is a homemade video purporting to show “Ghostface” attacking and killing tourists on the Universal tram!

No one seems to know whether these videos are a clever viral publicity stunt or the real deal...

Despite all the negative press, USH is still moving forward w/ plans to host “Stab-a-Thon,” a Stab movie fan fest on the Universal backlot

"Stab-a-Thon" will take place during the theme park’s popular seasonal event Halloween Horror Nights.

Stab 8 is one of FOUR Horror movies filming on the Universal backlot....more to come....

[i think I'm going to die of excitement...]

Things that would make me happy... 'Red Right Hand' plays at the Terror Tram maze. @HorrorNights please to do this.

Love that song but doesn't work with the theme

[bUT I LOVE THAT SONG! IT'S A SCREAM STAPLE! Actually, oddly enough, it wasn't in Scream 4... a first for the series. I guess it makes sense...]

@HorrorNights hey john, at universal i saw them takin down parts of the whovile sets? Terror tram related :)? lol

No...getting refurbed

[Well darn]

With Stab-A-Thon taking place, they'll need a screen somewhere on the backlot so the outside movie theater/drive in esque type thing I predicted was true! Otherwise, that part of the storyline will be there for no reason... heck, I'll just ask.

Even though we didn't have the sheet maze last year, I'm VERY happy to hear this. I mean, we've had that thing for 2008 and 2009 so I'm glad they're not just going to re-use the sheet maze since they've been there and done that. I'm delighted to hear that they're actually trying something new. I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. :)

Main theme for the turnstyle? Nice! I'm stoked to seeing Ghostface's image on the front gates! This is a Scream fanboy's dream come true! This year is shaping along very nicely!

*One week later*

I take back what I said about this year shaping along nicely. <_<

LMFAO aahahahahah i would be unbelievably mad but at the same time this would be funny. Im also glad to see they'll be trying something new out other than the sheets maze. Now what im concerned of is the fake four films will have to deal with the original layout. Psycho,zombies etc. At this point im BEYOND TIRED of getting the same experience year by year with different horror icons. I've been going since the first day horror nights came back in 2006 and i can say not much has changed. Same routine,same route...BORING! <_< I was really hoping this year they would step up and change up all of those things. Im guessing Murdys gonna continue to utilize and tie in these zombies,chainsaw wielders and psycho all in the theme of the TT. I mean what more could he do with the bates motel sets and WOTW sets ? Thers not much that can fit into there to make things make sense. Ghostface takes you through a destroyed set with a plane crash would make no sense. However since this is based on "what are favorite scary movies " are he could bring them to life on the tram.

Edited by HorrorNights93

They made the WOTW set a completely devastated Elm Street and that worked. It worked BEAUTIFULLY actually.

How can they make it work for Scream? Hm, let's see... they could call it Woodsboro Lane...

Plane has crashed into Woodsboro, Ghostface is capitalizing on the victims by picking them off one by one.

That's actually extremely dark but hell, it's Halloween HORROR Nights haha

I honestly hope one day they take the plane out. It's causing all sorts of theming problems for HHN.

As cool as it is to have a REAL plane there and all, I'm sure mostly everyone is looking at the devastation of the houses.

I know I sure am... and that's what makes me go WOW.

They made the WOTW set a completely devastated Elm Street and that worked. It worked BEAUTIFULLY actually.

How can they make it work for Scream? Hm, let's see... they could call it Woodsboro Lane...

Plane has crashed into Woodsboro, Ghostface is capitalizing on the victims by picking them off one by one.

I honestly hope one day they take the plane out. It's causing all sorts of theming problems for HHN.

As cool as it is to have a REAL plane there and all, I'm sure mostly everyone is looking at the devastation of the houses.

I think they're going to make it fit by having the WotW set be a filming location for one of the "four fake movies" that Ghostface will crash. It'll probably be something Osama takes Elm Street or something.

I agree. I really could care less for the WotW sets now since it's causing some theming problems for HHN. It was a novelty in 2006 and 07 sure, but after 2009 (First time I went to HHN) the novelty just wore off. I think they're going to keep it for a while since it'll be a big hastle to remove for the moment. Why remove a "big attention-grabber" for the Studio Tour, right? In that case, I'm willing to bare with it for now. Not to jump the gun for next year's spec but it might be an appropriate theme since the world might end next year. :rolleyes:

K, you have a point. After 2012, GET RID OF THE PLANE IN THE WOTW SET!

Oh and I couldn't help but REALIZE...

Who needs to get SLAPPED for starting that Rob Zombie's Terror Tram rumor? buahahahahaha

Edited by DTH316

Freddys nightmare tour was the only TT that fit the over all theme. I mean come on its centered around a nightmare !! Theres a unlimited number of things you can do and as long as its scary than it fits the overall theme. We've had good TT but thats the only one that made actual sense lol....... NO WAIT !! the first TT in 2006 made sense with the director and all ( That was the MOST GORIEST GRUESOME TT video we have had ) well back on topic im glad to see we got Wes Craven on the dream team. Now names like those stand out when i think of a dream team. As far as the TT goes unless it gets re-routed in the future than we should just get comfortable with the fact WoTW intervening with HHN themes lol There not going to move that big hunk of metal or the bates motel etc. original sets they need throughout the year ITS JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN lol

Edited by HorrorNights93

I highly doubt Wes Craven has anything whatsoever to do with Scream 4 being used this year. Sounds like it's all Murdy's vision as far as Stab 8 goes and what not.

You are correct DTH. Craven is not involved. Read the PR. They mention Roth, Cooper, and Zombie all by name as the "dream team" (a really lame dream team, if you ask me) but no mention of Wes in relation to Scream. They just got the rights to the film. That's it.

You are correct DTH. Craven is not involved. Read the PR. They mention Roth, Cooper, and Zombie all by name as the "dream team" (a really lame dream team, if you ask me) but no mention of Wes in relation to Scream. They just got the rights to the film. That's it.

Speaking of Wes, I heard that he was supposed to do a maze for HHN before the hiatus, but that fell through.

Anyway, that's pretty lame that Wes isn't involved. I find that odd since he goes to HHN (Right? I mean he is one of the producers).

From what it seems there not gonna use Woodsboro at all, since pretty much they said "Ghostface is on the loose on Four Film sets on the backlot"

From what it seems there not gonna use Woodsboro at all, since pretty much they said "Ghostface is on the loose on Four Film sets on the backlot"

Oh NO!! !I see "Chucky's Revenge" all over again! jk

On the bright side, there's at least going be a coherent theme, NO la Llorona, and (hopefully) more scareactors than ever before!! :D

Looking forward to this. Sucks that its only Scream 4, and that its the same path, and that Scream isn't getting a maze. But just seeing Ghostface on the backlot should be alot of fun for me and the concept seems pretty clever and exciting. Not expecting to be very scared here, but should be a really fun tram.