HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

I cant see a SZ for Wolfman but a house.

I also think LT will be updated right aroung the time Mardi Gras start or near the end of its run... but I could be wrong.

LT.. hrm. They might have to pay me to do this again. The concept and idea was great, and on paper probably looked awesome, but IMO just sucked. Unless running around the park most of the night in a large group and letting a handful of people do most of the work is fun.

I could go on and on about the wrongs that LT had. In short, as I said before.. I rather give UNI money and have the Unmasking the Horror Tour back and still get to see what we did on the last night, along with having a more intimate conversation with the A&D team.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK So I was sitting here thinking of different ways the event could be "Classic" as we have heard before. I think we are all ready for something all new, nothing based off movies. Then my mind went skitzo and it hit me.

Hell For the Holidays

Event based off major holidays/folk Lore/ ect., such as

Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Tooth Fairy, Boogie Man, Valentines Day, Birthday, And Wedding Day.

Yes the Wedding Day would tie in to the rumored Jack and Chance wedding, and there have been movies based on the others, but I am sure if Universal put their minds to it they could create backstories to bring these to life in a most horrific way.

A total Universal creation, what we almost had at 15.

You are genius! I never even thought of that. Very good points.

OK So I was sitting here thinking of different ways the event could be "Classic" as we have heard before. I think we are all ready for something all new, nothing based off movies. Then my mind went skitzo and it hit me.

Hell For the Holidays

Event based off major holidays/folk Lore/ ect., such as

Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Tooth Fairy, Boogie Man, Valentines Day, Birthday, And Wedding Day.

Yes the Wedding Day would tie in to the rumored Jack and Chance wedding, and there have been movies based on the others, but I am sure if Universal put their minds to it they could create backstories to bring these to life in a most horrific way.

A total Universal creation, what we almost had at 15.

I really like this idea. I don't think that's what's gonna happen but I LIKE it...............

A wedding IMO would be ok. it definitely wouldnt be horrible, but it definitely wouldnt be fantastic. I think jack has appeared way to much in the past couple years. and i think it is to early to be bringing him back.

As for chance goes, i wouldnt want her to be considered an icon. im not a big fan of her, but she really doesnt bother me.

And even though i havent experienced all the icons yet, and i eventually want to, but not yet. Its to early for another reunion.

Yeah, I agree that a wolf-man house would be really hard to pull off.. I think a scarezone would be difficult too. (I'm not even going to go into the stuff that started the drama on the vault. We don't need that over here. Sheesh)

The crowded room was awesome in DE. That effect needs to come back.

LT.. hrm. They might have to pay me to do this again. The concept and idea was great, and on paper probably looked awesome, but IMO just sucked. Unless running around the park most of the night in a large group and letting a handful of people do most of the work is fun.

I could go on and on about the wrongs that LT had. In short, as I said before.. I rather give UNI money and have the Unmasking the Horror Tour back and still get to see what we did on the last night, along with having a more intimate conversation with the A&D team.

True true but being that the whole LT was compromised, and they had to improvise and go with plan B....... it could of been a whole lot better if a certain someone hadn't hacked it, all i know is that this year im staying off of any forum topic that has to do with LT cause i want to experience it like it was meant to be not follow a huge group and stop of alcohol every 5 minutes looking for clocks and such:) lol...... and on a good note those brownies were probably the best brownies in the whole world. Also mark on the tour are you able to meet and talk with freely the entire A&D team?

True true but being that the whole LT was compromised, and they had to improvise and go with plan B....... it could of been a whole lot better if a certain someone hadn't hacked it, all i know is that this year im staying off of any forum topic that has to do with LT cause i want to experience it like it was meant to be not follow a huge group and stop of alcohol every 5 minutes looking for clocks and such:) lol...... and on a good note those brownies were probably the best brownies in the whole world. Also mark on the tour are you able to meet and talk with freely the entire A&D team?

I'm not sure the whole hacked thing changed it THAT much. It should of started the first weekend, the first FFP night.. and maybe more could of got accomplished. The day we did the tour the only member from A&D that wasn't there was TJ, and that was due to his mother passing. They had a Q&A session, and then after that they hung out and you could talk to whoever 1 on 1 and take pictures, etc. Pretty much the same as the last night's event.

I'm not sure the whole hacked thing changed it THAT much. It should of started the first weekend, the first FFP night.. and maybe more could of got accomplished. The day we did the tour the only member from A&D that wasn't there was TJ, and that was due to his mother passing. They had a Q&A session, and then after that they hung out and you could talk to whoever 1 on 1 and take pictures, etc. Pretty much the same as the last night's event.

ok so pretty much the same thing minus the soda and brownies lmao...... i mean idk, id rather the tour cause then u minus all the little annoying kids and such but then i really did like the whole mystery aspect of the game thing so i guess im 50/50 on the whole thing

Here is some speculation you can put to rest. C_D will be purchasing a FFP this year. So as many thought I was just venting I will not be a member of the HHN19 team, I will be a guest. I am happy with my decision and will not revert. To much drama being a scareactor. Seems that alot of the new scareactors are more on the Drama Queen side, many do not understand the art of the scare.

BUT

Should my interview go well in the morning you can bet I will rock HOS this year.

I'm a little late catching up here, but it will be cool to see you there at HHN as a visitor. I'll be there for a full 2 weeks, (the last 2 weeks of October) so I'm sure we'll get to hang out and do some houses together!

I didn't participate in LT at all, so I have no opinion on that. But I did love the tour from HHN17, going through the houses during the day was awesome, and the hanging out and talking with TJ and the creative team was great! I also found out that TJ and I have a Pennsylvania connection. He is friends with the guy who runs a local haunt, (it's callede Shocktoberfest) which is decent considering the budget and that we are in Reading PA, not Orlando. Anyway, I graduated from high school with the guy that TJ is friends with, what a small world it turned out to be that day!

I wasn't really a part of LT. I think it could have been better if everyone, the whole group, didn't just run behind one or two people. I felt like I was just in a herd of people instead of figuring things out. I usually started off with the group and got bored and went to RHPS after 10 or 15 minutes. I also didn't think it was fair that anyone could get in to the final party. I mean, I thought it should have been a reward for the people who dedicated a good portion of their HHN time to figuring out the LT clues.

And instead of soda, they should have had vodka and Rock Star. (;

Ok i have not did this in awhile, So here it goes.

I gotta Speculation, and i have had this speculation since last years event began. I hear the word Classic being tossed around quit a bit. When i think of Classic and Universal i think of Universals awesome collection of classic monsters. I think it could be another year with a close set up like 17, but instead of a carnival and Jack with his big three, we have the Director with the classics, and we are to star in His New classic Horror Film he is directing. So maybe we will see a year more towards universal horror flicks.

Edited by Death_Dealer

I still remember the final night where some fanboys were talking to TJ by JAWS and I come up. Well TJ goes "Hey Charles" and the fanboys mouths just dropped to the floor when they saw that. Almost like they were going "Holy shit Dr. Holmes knows him". It was the best sight in the world lol.. later on at the meet up again when TJ walked in the room and Roddy went "Its TJ", TJ went "Its Roddy" and then Roddy said "Its Charles!"

I had the final night but at the same time I didnt.. I still miss the fact I cant be part of that wonderful team but its ok (I suppose).

Anyways the next part I'm going to say isnt going on the vault boards or I'll get my ass chewed out (like I did last week)

UO is doing a lot of budget cuts lately and its effecting the park in many many ways.. some for the best and some for the worse. This yr HHN of course will be effected in many ways and when you think about it they (UO and A&D) know how to save money.

One way they did it was only one house had a que video, while the others didnt.. Que videos cost a bit of money to produce, so they took that money and spent it somewhere else.

Second, the back part of UO had SZ but they wasnt special... Hollywood, Central Park, and Sherkton had nice stuff.. but NY and SF had nothing. The most expensive thing in NY was the hearses. While in SF had to be the gas for the CDT.. hell in MIB area they had nothing.

The third way was to take all the interactive on the site and put it into the hands of the fans.. the only interactive this yr was the case files and dont get me there were cool but it could have better. Look at the inteactive on the 15 site its amazing what they did. So LT was everybody answer for interactive and people had a blast.. I somewhat did.

Theres more to this but thats three ways on how they stretch there budget. Hell lets say they do the classic monster icons this yr they dont have to pay any rights to anybody (like they did for Bloody Mary and NLC). So either CD is right and they will use JACK to showcase them or they will let the icons have the park to themselves with no help aka the director.

Also before I finish this short but sweet rant, I want some original houses again.. no sequels, no remakes.. just orginal houses.. like they could have done the BC house last yr without the gentleman. They only used them cause the fan boys wanted to see them one last time.

Just a thought here so bear with me.

We all know that Friday is fast approaching with the release of F13th, And this should be the final year of the 3 year NLC deal, so playing into the seeming trend with HHN the past few years I am really starting to wonder if we will see Jason either as a spotlight, like BM last year or if he will have just his own house.

I think the entire set from IT with Uber Jason would work, or a Jason house set in the E.T. Queue. As well I feel Jason as the Icon could work, with Jason roaming the Central Park area, using the schoolhouse from last year as a cabin on Crystal Lake.

We all know they used Freddy last year in Cali as the Icon so can this be in the works?

Although i see your point, my guess still goes with the icon possibly being the director

CD some good ideas but take this for some insights... Some of the budget cuts on the table right now is to maybe make ET seasonal.. So they can build house in there right after the summer season cause ET already closed at night for HHN. Granted people might want to see the ride during the day but ehh I dont think the demend is there like in the past.

They could make Jason the icon and make his apperance known like you said.. Hell they can do a Jason takes Manhattan style in NY.

Also on a side note A&D likes to foreshadow a lot and I saw a lot of HHN 15 refences

Oh god they listen to the vaultheads saying they wanted Chance back cause she soooo coool... IMO she was a rip off of a famous character in the Batman Universe.

Oh I herd House construction is a go for a March start.

Just like a famous Marvel Super Hero was "ripped off" from a certain Universal monster. Everyone borrows from each other, nothing is truly original.

I thought you said house construction started in December? :rolleyes:

Who did they have to pay to get the rights for Bloody Mary?

Bobbie Weiner, you can read more about her and the Bloody Mary stuff she has.

http://www.dearbloodymary.com/about_bloody_mary.html

Here is a quoted line from the page;

In 2008, Bobbie licensed her name to Universal Orlando and a Bloody Mary Attraction along with many Bloody Mary licensed product lines will make their debut this fall in Orlando, Florida at the largest Halloween event in the world, "Halloween Horror Nights".

She also has the "Tale of Bloody Mary" Comic Book line, which if you remember my sigs from last year contained images from the covers.

http://www.dearbloodymary.com/the_tales_of...comic_book.html

hey guys im new here but i been following HHN for many years and at least i went to HHN 18 it was awsome,i got to say once you go u get hooked fast.hell im already saving so i can go this year.i went at 5:00 and left at 2am.and its funny cause they let us in at 5:oo not 5:30.so i was lucky enough to have an exrta half hour to run around and do stuff.did everything but the hollow.

ok back on topic,IMHO i would love to see the old classic monters come back i mean hell who thought wizard of oz could be scary?im sure if they did bring the oldies back UO will put a sick twist to it.another thing i want to see is porta-john in line while waiting.fyi i had to piss so bad waiting for DE my eyes were floating.it sucks they sell drinks inline biut no place to piss.i would like to see early start time 5 instead of 5:30.GET RID OF LESS MOTIVATED SCARE ACTORS PUT SOMEONE IN THE HOUSES OR SCARE ZONES THAT WANTS TO WORK.and the biggest thing get a good lockdown on underage drinking,i good ideal would be do the same thing as they do in clubs people who want to drink waers a special wrist band to show there of age to drink.oh and

please no more pushing poeple thought houses,the lines are going so fast i could see the scare actors were having a hard time keeping up with them.they need to give the actors time to get back and place and ready.FYI THERE SHOULD BE GROUPS OF 25 TO 30 POEPLE AT A TIME.I GOT PUSH THOUGH SO FAST I DIDNT GET TO SEE ANY OF THE DETAIL IN THE HOUSES.