HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Location Speculation]

Another location gone from HHN use?

Popular Sound Stage site, SS 22. Home of the most recent house Creatures, and housed the following in previous years:

Scary Tales (2001), Pitch Black (2001), Ghost Town (2004), Blood Ruins (2005), Psycho Scareapy: Maximum Madness (2006), Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw (2007). It has now become another part of TNA Wrestling, here is some information.

TNA has taken over additional space in the soundstage next to the Impact Zone. The new space is used to house the sets of Jeff Jarrett's office, the Main Event Mafia's locker room, Booker T's locker room, the hallway that is often seen on TNA programming during the walk to the ring and the baby face locker room. (Credit: PWInsider)

Here is a little SS map I made of the Sound Stages used for shows and HHN's in the past.

uni_ss.jpg

We know 20 (BC2 and IT [2008]) and 23 (NOES and PS:HftH [2007], Queue Lines [2008]) can both hold two houses, so will UNI still do 3 SS houses this year, or do 4? Either 2 in each, or one HUGE house or a dual "mirrored" house in 1 (WEH 2005). Not sure what is in the other SS's, but I know one has the Powerball Drawings.

Another thing is, will they use 23 for houses again, or use it for a Queue line setup?

• 3 weeks later...

To try and spark some speculation discussion and encourage posting, I'm going to repost the survey that was sent out last year before HHN asking what themes we like/dislike. I'm not saying ANY of these will have anything to do with HHN 19, but UNI must of gave them some thought.

If it's Halloween Horror Nights, It must be SAW

Jigsaw wants to play a game and his sights are set on YOU. This year, Horror Nights gets brutal as the maniacal puppet master takes over Universal Studios and brings the most deadly games imaginable. If it’s Halloween Horror Nights- it must be SAW!

From the mind of Stephen King

Universal Orlando joins with the master of the macabre, Stephen King, as he takes you through some of the darkest corners of his twisted imagination. From the carnage-filled homecoming dance in Carrie, to the plague-ravaged wasteland of The Stand, to the mazelike hallways of The Shining’s Overlook Hotel, you’ll cross the line between fiction and fright as Universal Studios brings you nightmares and dreamscapes “From the Mind of Stephen King”.

Halloween Horror Nights of the Living Dead

Horror Nights will become overrun with zombie hordes as Universal Orlando marks the 40th anniversary of Night of the Living Dead. Teaming up with the film’s director and horror legend, George Romero- Universal Orlando will spread a brand new virus this Halloween. As the dead return from their graves and transform the streets into a living hell, you will embark on the most terrifying night of your life.

Halloween Horror Nights: Once Upon a Nightmare

Behind every great man, there is a greater woman. But behind Jack the Clown, there is a nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. After biding her time, Jill rises from the ashes of the insane ringmaster’s past and brings with her an army of sick and depraved characters from misshapen fairy tale realms. Bent on turning your happily ever after into a night of hellish hallucinations, Jill walks the line between trick or treat and you can’t help but follow.

So, do you think any of these might have an impact on HHN 19? IMO, the last one was pretty much 18 just without "Jill" and with Bloody Mary... But could of been somewhat of the "wedding" rumor, just with Chance.

The word "Classic" could mean so many things, Classic Movies (Stephen King, Zombies, UNI Movies)?, Classic Characters/Icons?, Classic HHN's? ... Speculate.

According to saw's producer, we will have something saw related at both orlando and hollywood this year!

http://hauntedattractions.co.uk/index.php?...6&Itemid=34

With "SAW" being in the survey from last year, this could be the year. I'll quote the above interview for those who don't want to click or haven't seen it already.

HA: We are big fans of scary attractions and we know that you licensed the Saw properties to one last year. Did you go and experience it for yourself?

MB: The Saw Haunted House in California? Yes I went down and it scared the crap out of me! There were people jumping at us from all angles and horrible scenes around every corner – it was really fun and has encouraged us to do more.

HA: Oh yes? Anything you can tell us about?

MB: Yes this is very exciting – we have just signed a deal with Universal to bring Jigsaw and the world of Saw to Halloween Horror Nights this fall, both in Orlando and LA. I know in previous years they have had Freddy Kruger and Leatherface well this time Jigsaw gets to do his thing! Watch for more information coming soon!

Interesting. Is UNI signing a contract just for SAW, or is something else in the works for other Lionsgate films? I'd love to see a SAW house, and maybe Jigsaw around.. but could this work as one entire theme with Jigsaw as an Icon? If they go the 17 route and use 'movies', LG and/or Classic UNI stuff.. they might as well do it right and use the Director as the Icon.

This might be a good move on UNI's part to try to lure more people to HHN in these slow times. Like 17 did, this will appeal to the Mass Audience/Horror Fan's rather than mostly the local/UNI fans.

Jack & Chance can get married for the 20th Anniversary. :)

I could see Jigsaw being the icon and having a show by Horror Makeup. Each house doesn't necessarily have to be SAW themed; they could be our tests. Then each scarezone could correlate to the theme of the test. I certainly wouldn't want every house to have a RUN type of feel to it, which is probably the most similar to the SAW theme we've had for a house.

Edited by Michele

If they did do a show I doubt it would be on the temporary stage, I am sure they would use the new permanent stage in the former boneyard. Although I doubt they would do it due to crowd control, I hope they do the interactive rooms that they did at the Saw house in California last year. That was one thing that definitely made that house stand out among all the other houses in the US.

If they did do a show I doubt it would be on the temporary stage, I am sure they would use the new permanent stage in the former boneyard. Although I doubt they would do it due to crowd control, I hope they do the interactive rooms that they did at the Saw house in California last year. That was one thing that definitely made that house stand out among all the other houses in the US.

Oh good point! I forgot about the new stage. I haven't been to the park since it's been put up. That's my blonde moment for the day.

The more I think about it, the more I hope saw will just be the token movie house, like Doomsday or Dead Silence. I know for sure that it could make a good haunted house, the one they built in California got great reviews. But I just do not think that the Saw franchise could even come close to being icon/whole event worthy. So all I can do is hope that A&D comes up with another original storyline and continues on the successes of HHN 18.

What were the interactive rooms like??

saw.png

I posted this over at the Vault (not the image, but the message), but I think it'll get lost over there.

Do you think LG will have any control over the design of this house seeing that it's in Las Vegas as well? Will they let A&D have design control over it for California and Orlando? and then whoever it does the LV one? We know that the NLC houses had different designs in California and Orlando. I guess it's up to LG if they want 3 different versions of of the 2009 SAW House.

Hopefully they let A&D do there thing.

i have to agree with ya for many resaons

1.saw isnt scary its gory

2.there wouldnt be no REAL scare actors in the houses only saws victims,so tel me where the hell are the scares???

3.i seen almost all the movies and they really werent all that good to began with.

4.it will make UO cost more cost cause they had to pay for the RIGHTS YET AGAIN for a house

5.what the hell saw is just a damn puppet!!!!!!!!!!

need i go on?IMHO its just a bad ideal i rather see the NLC 3 come back with totally differant look.

I was wondering how they would pull it off when they did run hostile territory. albeit it was more hostile than saw, it can be very similar. It wouldnt suprise me if they use that location for the "saw" house if they do.

I expect Razor wire, proximity gag effects ala howl o scream in taste of blood. it should be interesting for sure. Or if they do an entire theme.

Not to be a party pooper, and no offence to those who think it is awesome but A SAW house would confirm that Universal is shying away from "The Art of the Scare" and looking more to "The Art Of The Show'

Such a shame too as HHN has always been about the scare to me. With several of the houses and Zones that have been at the past few events that were geared to visuals and PHOTO OPS, I can honestly say HHN is loosing in the Scare game.

I think the days of guests running out of the houses in fear is going to die a slow, painful death.

I agree 100%

Not to be a party pooper, and no offence to those who think it is awesome but A SAW house would confirm that Universal is shying away from "The Art of the Scare" and looking more to "The Art Of The Show'

Such a shame too as HHN has always been about the scare to me. With several of the houses and Zones that have been at the past few events that were geared to visuals and PHOTO OPS, I can honestly say HHN is loosing in the Scare game.

I think the days of guests running out of the houses in fear is going to die a slow, painful death.

Some get scared, some don't. I'm not an easy scare at all, I've RARELY been scared at any HHN. To me the detail and length of a house is what I like. From that standpoint though, I do want the scare.. not for me, but others. I love to see others around me get scared out of there minds, and try to run, hide, or walk backwards because there afraid to move forward anymore.

With that said, I hope they never get rid of the scare factor. It's the actors that make the house and/or scarezone.. if there not into the character they play, it's not going to work. SA's have to feel it, and feed off the ones they can scare.. not just stand there to say "I worked HHN", or chat with there buddies behind the walls. A&D can only give them the playground to play in.