HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that people are unhappy about this but I feel like this is a natural progression for UNI as they are a mainly a film company and of course will want to monoploize on their films and please the general public. I think that if they are able to combine "the art of scare" with the "art of show" they can have a wonderful combination for each house but they are going to need to learn to balance the two. We all know and aknowledge the PHOTO OPS at AIW that were a little ridiculous but when these were mixed with great and agressive scares (and I saw a few SAs bust their ASS to get scares in that zone *coughtreakycough*) it makes it much less offensive and annoying.

I think that a great way to tackle the SAW house would be a little pre-show in which you and a medium sized group are about the play a "game" with jigsaw and then that opened up into you trying to escape from where-ever jigsaw had taken you to.

Edited by Kitty

I've yet to see any of the SAW films because those particular types of horror flicks don't do much for me. On that note, I could see a SAW based house and how that would appeal to the general public on a much grander scale just like the use of the NLC characters back in '07.

I'd still like to see an overall "Halloweenie" oriented theme like we had last year throughout the park. Have the movie oriented houses if you must, but don't take away my park ambiance...please!

I like the Saw series they have great gore, and awsome twists. But i think this year is the wrong year to do it. If they was going to do it they should have did it when Johnathan Kramer ( Jigsaw) was still alive in the series. Unless their is another twist and he is still alive. lol

First off, I already like aspects of this place more so then the vault. Less drama it seems, or maybe I have yet to find it here. Anyways.

I'm not hot about this SAW idea, I don't know how it's going to be a great house, I'm not sure how they will make it work or anything. I also never went through Run, so I don't know what they did there. I don't want this to be a mostly atmosphere house, if it is a house, simply because when you are going through houses in the midst of HHN, most people don't stop and look at all the detail. I agree with what someone said either here, or on the vault, they tend to waste so much money on detail that never gets really looked at. But whatever is done, I hope they do it well, and I wish them luck.

And I'm going to say that I still get the crap scared out of me. I guess I am what you would call an easy scare, I mean you can just pop out at me and I will freak out, but I still get scared. I remember going through Texas Chainsaw house, that scared me horribly. Chainsaw guys make me bolt the other way, and that house was bad. I actually RAN out of the house having a panic attack and crying. But I loved it. I wanted to go back through. Last year still gave me some great scares, but most of the scareactors just didn't seem like they were really trying. So I can kinda agree that they seem to be going more for the art and being able to say they worked there, then really trying.

I agree that it does seem odd that Uni would hire a seemingly unknown construction company to build something, however no telling what it is that is being built. For all we know it could be for something not very interesting at all and a specialty of Slalom Construction.

The slalom name makes me think of the ride technology that we were supposed to see in Harry Potter world.

The no Drama was the driving factor for this site. It is great to have a place to talk HHN and not have to deal with the childish BS that is found on the Vault. I have started posting over there again, just to stir up the Minions of Jest. BUT, the wedding I speak of is not in my mind, I got that info from a reliable source. But as with anything on the Vault it was passed as "Yea Right".

Sit back and enjoy the best board on the web.

I'm not going to lie, I came here from one of your posts on the vault. You mentioned the wedding, and then put a link to here. I've been around the vault enough to know that what you say has grounds to it so I came here to check it out. I'm definitely glad I did.

I agree, But I expect Universal to get sneaky this year, like pulling the permit early, and they have enough pull that they could cry "Proprietorial" and get Orlando to give them what they want, secrecy.

I looked up some permits, but don't see anything hinting at HHN yet. Found these though;

BUILDING 131: LOCATION: MEN IN BLACK;Installation of pyrotechnics launch pads, launch sheds, and fall protection railings on various rooftops on various rooftops at Universal Studios Florida.

BUILDING 73: LOCATION: THE SIMPSONS; Installation of pyrotechnics launch pads, launch sheds, and fall protection railings on various rooftops on various rooftops at Universal Studios Florida.

BUILDING 71: LOCATION: ANIMAL ACTORS; Installation of pyrotechnics launch pads, launch sheds, and fall protection railings on various rooftops on various rooftops at Universal Studios Florida.

BUILDING 68: LOCATION: FEAR FACTOR; Installation of pyrotechnics launch pads, launch sheds, and fall protection railings on various rooftops on various rooftops at Universal Studios Florida.

BUILDING 67: LOCATION:Disaster; Installation of pyrotechnics launch pads, launch sheds, and fall protection railings on various rooftops on various rooftops at Universal Studios Florida.

I assume this could be for the 4th of July, or 360 shows. It wasn't till June when the House permits got issued last year.

I really think UO is going to cough up the extra money and make the permits secret.. Like have it where there made public after the event. I did see (what looked like TJ) load some blueprints in the back of a car a few weeks ago, I also herd construction starts less then 2wks from now and prop construction already started.

The more and more that I think about it, the better the SAW house idea sounds. Especially after watching the video of what they did in Cali. with the house. That house had a significantly smaller budget than what Uni. will put into the house. The idea of People being essentially forced to harm themselves in order to "live" is a very chilling idea. I could see the house working very well with jigsaw talking over the intercom in each room explaining what's going on to the person.

Seeing the Saw walk through really makes me more interested in this all this saw talk. Although I kinda wish we would have a 90's year , like with everything being random, I look back at my first time in 98' and everything just seemed scarier (but that could just be cause I was 9) idk .

I really hope the house list Doesn't get leaked again even though it was cool knowing, it kinda ruined it for me a little .

This whole Saw thing really gets me thinking of how it will effect the future and how everyone's saying that there losing the art of the scare . I really hope that's not the case and this whole buying outside franchise's will fade away this year and we'll get all original scary content at the event for the future.

Whatever happens I will still go and most likely have a great time like I always do.

As long as the Saw house if that's what it is going to be doesn't resemble Run: hostel territory to much I think the house will do just fine.

I don't see how a leaked house list could ruin the event, I mean just cause you know the name of a house or the concept of it doesn't mean we'll know what the house is gonna be like. If you think about it we're gonna find out all about the houses through the website before we actually walk through them anyway, it's not like you ever get to walk blindly into a house having no idea what it's gonna be like. So a little bit of a leak early on isn't gonna hurt anybody, just give us all something to look forward to and be excited about :P

I don't see how a leaked house list could ruin the event, I mean just cause you know the name of a house or the concept of it doesn't mean we'll know what the house is gonna be like. If you think about it we're gonna find out all about the houses through the website before we actually walk through them anyway, it's not like you ever get to walk blindly into a house having no idea what it's gonna be like. So a little bit of a leak early on isn't gonna hurt anybody, just give us all something to look forward to and be excited about :P

Yeah your right , It was kinda nice have that information early. I just think for me knowing the house name's gave me room to imagine what they will have in them and how scary they'll be and build up my expectation for some house's that once going through didn't live up to how i thought/wanted it to be like and with the frequent website updates about the case files the way the case file's made the house's sound didn't help lower my expectation's lol.

This year I wont let my expectation's rise like I did this year (not saying last year was bad by any means just not as good as it could have been to me ). One thing I hope they do again is frequently update the website in one way or another.

Yeah mark, those permits are probably to do with the new 360 show roddy was mentioning via Facebook.

Im a little late, but i would have to agree, atmosphere is what scares me the most in houses, if the houses transport me to the location that i percieve the house to personify, it usually scares me. Jump out scares will get me every odd time. But houses that take place in extended jaws queue, really dont appeal to me.. because well it looks like the extended jaws queue.

I would rather have extremely detailed houses lacking extreme scareactors, and have them in the streets. Scaring the piss out of people so i can watch :)

haha that would be something new alright, I really kinda wish Eddie would have a bigger role, but I've come to terms with him always being a Easter egg (as the good Dr. Holmes likes to put it) but its good to now some else out there is think he could come back .

If we do have an icon I think we need something that will totally throw us off but still be fresh and original and still be scarier.

I think the scares in the houses need to step up as well, IMO last year was great for detail but really lacked in scares for me.

Thanks a lot for that buddy.