HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post this in the movie section but since it does possibly have bearing on HHN19, here ya go;

Source: JoBlo.com by: Mike Sampson

CIRQUE DU FREAK is perhaps best remembered by me as the Salma-Hayek-as-bearded-lady movie. The film has had the misfortune of being bumped around quite a bit on the calendar and was recently set for a January, 2010 release date. That give me a feeling of dread as little good ever comes from a January release date. But now Universal has given the film a little overhaul and moved CIRQUE out of the January graveyard.

The film has ditched the CIRQUE name and will now go by the more straightforward (and TWILIGHT friendly) THE VAMPIRE'S ASSISTANT. And instead of January, the film will release on October 23rd of this year. That date, a week before Halloween, surely make more sense than a week when most people are buying six foot subs for their Super Bowl parties. This would also mean though that the marketing campaign would be heating up and we should be seeing a trailer sometime soon.

Kind of interesting to see that Cirque is getting renamed and a new HHN friendly date. We shall have to wait and see if this one pans out as an HHN attraction this year.

Cheers!!!

F.U.B.A.R.

Today while standing around in the excruciating heat,.. i started thinking, and i know we kinda got it last year, but i would still love to see a shaun of the dead appearance in a house or street or something...

more a statement than pure speculation... but an idea none the less.

Today while standing around in the excruciating heat,.. i started thinking, and i know we kinda got it last year, but i would still love to see a shaun of the dead appearance in a house or street or something...

more a statement than pure speculation... but an idea none the less.

That would really be something , shaun of the dead is one of my favorite zombie movies. I would really enjoy them bringing us some kind of zombie action in a house again , even though I'm sure some may think its to soon to do another zombie house I on the other hand think it would be great, the original night of the living dead was black and white and I think there's an anniversary coming up soon so why not rip some zombies from the silver screen.

Here is some casting speculation for you that has been floating around.

Tent - Child's Plaything

Tent - Soldier

SS22 - Inmate

House location speculation has the following locations.

SAW - JAWS Queue

Chucky - Sprung Tent

The Wolfman - Sound Stage

Icon House/Silver Screams? - Disaster Queue?

Feel free to add, and speculate.

Tent - Child's Plaything

Tent - Soldier

SS22 - Inmate

SAW - JAWS Queue

Chucky - Sprung Tent

parade building seems to be icon/silver screams

Hey everyone! I haven't seen the Chucky films but reading the plot for the 3rd film in the series it seems to take place in a military school. Not sure, but that would explain the soldier being cast.

As for the civic duty clue and the Army of Darkness reference the movie Drag Me to Hell popped in my head. Once again, I haven't seen the movie but the plot includes a loan officer having to evict an old woman thus fulfilling her civic duty (or civic responsibility) by not giving a 3rd extension. Does that even make sense? Army of Darkness and Drag Me to Hell were both directed by Sam Raimi. Dead Silence (2007) was released in March of that year, Doomsday (2008) in March, and Drag Me to Hell (2009) in May so it would follow the trend of being released theatrically in the first half of the year.

This probably won't help any but thought I'd try. :)

Here is the 2009 Halloween Horror Nights Commercial Shoot Timeline.

July 7th, 6:25 PM

FULL WORK MODE FOR UNIVERSAL HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS THIS WEEK..

July 8th, 12:21 PM

CASTING ALL DAY FOR UNIVERSAL HAUNTED HALLOWEEN NIGHTS....

July 8th, 10:28 PM

LOOKING TO CAST 6 S.A.G. MEN AND WOMEN (UNDER AGE 30) IN LOS ANGELES FOR UNIVERSAL HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS COMMERCIAL 2009, MUST BE UP TO DATE WITH S.A.G. DUES.

July 9th, 4:29 PM

Directing new Universal Halloween Horror Nights Commercial 2009.

July 10th, 2:52 PM

HHN Production Meeting Today

July 13th, 12:51 PM

Halloween Horror Nights Tech Scout Today - FUN

July 14th, 11:10 AM

HHN Client Pre Pro Meeting all day long

July 14th, 9:32 PM

GONNA KICK UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2009 TV SPOT IN THE ASS TOMORROW..Overprepared for this year!

July 15th, 10:36 AM

FIRST SHOOT DAY OF UNIVERSAL'S HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2009 TODAY!!

July 16th, 12:48 AM

SUCCESSFUL FIRST DAY ON HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS, Thank you to my amazing crew!!! See you tomorrow bright and shiny.

July 16th, 9:58 AM

KNOCKIN' OUT DAY 2 OF UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS COMMERCIAL TODAY....!

July 17th, 12:23 AM

JUST WRAPPED UNIVERSAL HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2009, ANOTHER HUGE SUCCESS!! GET READY FOR SCARY STUFF

July 17th, 2:05 PM

Thanks to David and Goliath and my bad ass crew for securing another great year of Halloween Horror Nights! We fucking RULE !!!!!

Thanks for that little tid bit of info. _mz! :)

I'm completely lost as to what the scarezones might be this year. Mutilated victims and half changed in (code name SPIKE)? BIG BOY surgery people? Anyone have a clue at all to what the scarezones are going to be?

Where did you find that?

And what does S.A.G. mean?

Casting 6 people for the commercial

This year they have: Wolfman, Chucky, Jigsaw, Usher, victim(possibly 2)

I wonder how they will pull that all together

SPOILER ALERT! DONT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!

So... I was curious as to what in the heck Cirque Du Freak was, and APARENTLY it's a book series about two teenage boys that go to a freak show, where they go in, but one comes out 1/2 dead. HEH! I think there's like, 5 or 6 books or something. I made a little trip to Barnes & Noble this evening and bought the first book. I wanted to get a feel of what I was in for, and I must say, they can REALLY play this off with atmosphere at Universal. There's a WOLF MAN in it, and some creepy OLD MOVIE THEATRE. Oooooo, aaaahhh. I've been reading out loud to my boyfriend, b/c he too is curious about it. I must say, we're both hooked. If you aren't familiar with the series, then maybe you could start researching a little. It's easy reading, but it's good. I promise. ;) Plus, it'll paint an awesome picture for a great house this year.

RHPS & Whats going on in Kid Zone/Parade Building?

Credit: Screamscape

(7/20/09) According to Universal’s casting website we can now confirm that HHN will feature the Rocky Horror Picture Show Tribute show once again this year. They will be holding auditions on July 25th. Word is also going around the rumor mill that in keeping with the movie theme this year, we may be Shaun of the Dead come to life in some fashion, but in the park and not in the Bill & Ted show. According to one blog it will be used as the theme of a new Scare Zone, but I’ve also heard that they are somehow connected with whatever Haunt is being set up in the Parade building.

This is the link to the blog in the article.

http://poparitaville.blogspot.com/2009/07/...zombies-at.html

On an interesting note, according to some sources, some "Shaun"'s have been cast for the house in the Parade Building. There is a "Shaun" chracter in the Drag Me To Hell movie, a female (young and old). However, the ones being cast are male.

I would have thought that the parade building would be the Theater... Maybe they will do an All Night Die In type of deal in that house?

I don't know.. Kind of seems like a stretch.

Edited by Goo

Tent - Child's Plaything

Tent - Soldier

SS22 - Inmate

SAW - JAWS Queue

Chucky - Sprung Tent

My opinion on "Child's Plaything" & "Soldier":

Child's Play 3 took place at a Military School. It is possible we will see soldiers that became victim to Chucky.

After visiting a few different fan sites.... Scarezone areas that people have been cast in so far.

New York Streets

Kid Zone

Hollywood

Mel's Drive-In

Have Not read anywhere yet about Shrek Alleyway (08 was American Gothic) or Plaza/Avenue of the stars (08 was path of the wicked)