HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

well he could be considered a CLASSIC icon (i know he wasn't used) but i would like to see him as well, from the way his backstory started before 9/11, it would have fit right in with the saw series.

True, but Jigsaw is the SAW series and we don't want to ruin the series by having Eddie in the SAW house.

Eddie was only a house character, I'd like to see what Universal could do with him after eight years.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why Run Hostel territory was one of the better houses in the disaster Que

Now I didn't like Chainsaw masquer it was too dark and too short.

wasn't the prison house done in the Que? the year it was in both parks.

I kind of liked that one there too.

last years was pretty good too, but I had just watched to movie before we came down.

only problem with the disaster Que is the maze is usually short, so they have to make the most they can with the space.

This whole Saw thing really gets me thinking of how it will effect the future and how everyone's saying that there losing the art of the scare . I really hope that's not the case and this whole buying outside franchise's will fade away this year and we'll get all original scary content at the event for the future.

Whatever happens I will still go and most likely have a great time like I always do.

As long as the Saw house if that's what it is going to be doesn't resemble Run: hostel territory to much I think the house will do just fine.

why Run Hostel territory was one of the better houses in the disaster Que

Now I didn't like Chainsaw masquer it was too dark and too short.

wasn't the prison house done in the Que? the year it was in both parks.

I kind of liked that one there too.

last years was pretty good too, but I had just watched to movie before we came down.

only problem with the disaster Que is the maze is usually short, so they have to make the most they can with the space.

The year with both parks was 14 and Hell gate prison was in I believe where Interstellar terror last year.

The house that was in disaster Que that year was Deadtropilis.

Edit: I liked Run, I just wouldn't want it to resemble it too much because that house is fairly recent.

And I feel they could do more making it it's own house rather then having it resemble a previous house that was already in that Que.

Edited by betweenthetruth

good point but maybe the SAW house will be done in a SS.

The year with both parks was 14 and Hell gate prison was in I believe where Interstellar terror last year.

The house that was in disaster Que that year was Deadtropilis.

Edit: I liked Run, I just wouldn't want it to resemble it too much because that house is fairly recent.

And I feel they could do more making it it's own house rather then having it resemble a previous house that was already in that Que.

good point but maybe the SAW house will be done in a SS.

I could see it going in the parade building SS with the outside already having that factory feel to it.

I think it would be easy for them to really make it feel like you just walked into Jigsaw's warehouse.

You'd think after eight years he would be featured a little more then he was.

I wouldn't mind seeing just how gruesome they could make him as a full fledged Icon but to do that

I really think they would have to tweak his back story some and just really make him more mysterious.

Having him already look screwed up and demented I think, would work better then him being neglected and

turned into what he was by a prank that wasn't even intentionally supposed to hurt him.

Ok, haven't really been too active due to moving and transitioning back to work after being out for 6 months with a back injury

Now that im back and got caught up with this thread, heres what i think so Far, also a recap of the last 7 pages :)

A: Saw will obviously be part of this years event one way or another

B: Something Classic:(Monsters is the first thing to come to mind) Then again there are 6,000 meanings of the word classic on the Vault so who knows :P

C: New Icon- Most likely it wont be Jigsaw and i dont think it will be The Director because it just doesn't fit right for some reason, which is why im pulling for a all new Icon.....

I think the past few years was a test to see what works and what doesn't, i mean 2002 (my first year) was a huge turnaround in regards to the Event as a whole and in my opinion the Revolution of HHN. Using only IOA is now a big no no due too crowd control since we all know how good there at handling it. They tried both parks and being we havnt seen that return since 05 im guessing that didn't work either And 2007, well that year explains itself and i aint gonna go there. Obviously that was a train wreck and then came 2008 Again another Revolution for HHN they gave the fans, being US what we wanted in 2008 with the houses and the scarezones which was badass. With this year's event slowly approaching, this year no doubt will not be a let down, (crosses fingers).

Edited by Quiksilver

I also herd construction starts less then 2wks from now and prop construction already started.

Oooo! Ooooo! Me too! I saw stuff 2 weeks ago too. A.D.D. comes in handy for wandering eyes like myse..... I have an AIM message... :D

Ugh!!! I wish there was information out now! I'm so damn impatient and it really stinks. I heard people one the Vault saying that we'd get information probably in June, and in my excitement I forgot about the month of May and thought that after April would be June.

Ugh!!! I wish there was information out now! I'm so damn impatient and it really stinks. I heard people one the Vault saying that we'd get information probably in June, and in my excitement I forgot about the month of May and thought that after April would be June.

Unfortunately I do that too, It's quite disappointing when you realize that there's still many months to go.

I've been waiting for awhile for anything regarding this years event to come up, no matter how silly it sounds, however Mr. Lance over at Screamscape thinks that it is possible that IOA may play a role in this years event as a whole, while i doubt this is gonna happen(I want IOA back as well). One point he makes is that Brian Bushwood wont be returning, I'm sure he's a nice guy but he doesn't fit with the whole aspect of Halloween, I'd much rather a Arrival type show of some sorts. Anyway I'd like to hear anyone's "speculation" on this.

I've been waiting for awhile for anything regarding this years event to come up, no matter how silly it sounds, however Mr. Lance over at Screamscape thinks that it is possible that IOA may play a role in this years event as a whole, while i doubt this is gonna happen(I want IOA back as well). One point he makes is that Brian Bushwood wont be returning, I'm sure he's a nice guy but he doesn't fit with the whole aspect of Halloween, I'd much rather a Arrival type show of some sorts. Anyway I'd like to hear anyone's "speculation" on this.

A little off topic, but could you give me a link to the screamscape for HHN? I had it last year and lost it and when I tried looking for this year either they didn't have anything about HHN yet or google didn't have the link.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.htm

As far as what I said above, based on the hours at the Studios it's 99.9% gonna be there.

Thanks for the link. Last year I remember them having the Resort News at the top and then if you scrolled down it went to Halloween Horror Nights News, does that just happen when it gets closer to HHN?

The first year I went it was at IOA and then the next time it was at Uni. I liked it at either park, but it would make more sense to keep it at Uni since they are opening the new ride.

This was posted at the Vault by jakemeister:

"Hold the phones I actually have news.

Background: My best friend works at Hot Topic. As you guys know Hot Topic sells HHN tickets. He has been an employee for over a year now and I would trust him with many other things and believed him when he called me.

About 5 minutes ago he called me and I said "The Universal ticket sells rep lady blah blah came in. She and my manager were re-newing the contract to sell tickets at our location in 2009. On the way out I asked her if she could tell me anything about HHN this year. She told me Saw, Wolfman and Chucky."

I normally would dismiss something like this. But this was A. My Best friend. B. The lady got 2 out of 3 all but confirmed things dead on. C. Chucky is a Universal property and has been used as recently as 2007 at the Hollywood Horror Nights.

I know this isn't fact but this just seems plausible. I'm not taking this with a grain of salt but it's not confirmed in my eyes either. At this moment to me it seems like Chucky could be back at Horror Nights and if that is true the Movie Theme is confirmed."

I covered up the information she told him because I know some people don't want to know and I'm just being cautious. This guy doesn't seem to just be saying this to screw with people, so I figured I'd post it here too.

Not sure if I can believe a Hot Topic employee as they have no tickets yet, they only receive tickets to sell. I have spoken to an "insider" who is a UO employee in a respectable position who did saw they do not think the whole Saw thing will come to be seen at HHN Orlando. Time will tell as it is still to early to know any real info.

Yea, I mean take it with a grain of salt, but it's still nice to have something to chew on instead of the word "classic" and possible Saw interaction.

SAW and Wolf Man I can see, but Chucky? MAYBE use Chucky for something when the remake is released, but for HHN's sake PLEASE do not waste a house on anything Chucky/Child's play related. The Insult Emporium that they used at Hollywood may be ok, but that is as far as I would like it to go.

This maybe the 'off' year that we all anticipate.

This maybe the 'off' year that we all anticipate.

That's what a lot of people are saying and what it's looking like if this is really who they are bringing in. If it's just a bunch of random movies with no tie in other than horror I can see that being "off". I just hope that whatever they do that it doesn't turn out being bad. Everyone's talking about how big next year should be, and if this year's bad then they might not have a big turnout for 20, and that might make 21 bad.

I'm getting way to ahead of myself though haha.

If in fact we do have a horror movie theme then I'm confident they will come up with some clever way to tie it all together. I seriously doubt their gonna just throw a bunch of random movies at us. Come on people lets have a little faith. In my opinion there is no such thing as an off year, its gonna be good no matter what. Even if its not scary scary then it will definitely be fun scary.

Just because something sounds cheesy on paper or is based on a stupid movie it could still turn out to be a good house. Last year the house that I was least looking forward to and expected very little from, in the end turned out to be my absolute fav. Why, because it had some kick ass scareactors working it. If you ask me, any given house is only as good as the people who work in it.

I completely and totally agree with this. I definitely have confidence in what A&D can come up with, I just hope we get good scareactors.

I know right, hiring people that have never even been to the event, last year was like, are you serious!?! I'd say every 2 out of 5 employees worked there ass off last year, really going all out? Just my opinion.