HHN XXI Website Updates

Cleaned up the thread. Please keep the discussion only pertaining to actual updates. Don't post when you think an update might happen. Please use the speculation thread to speculate. Thanks.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm new, not really sure where to post this but i figured its kinda of guessing on whats going to happen. This is kinda a reach but has anyone else thought that the next update could be monday, August 1st? The only reason I guess that is because the last update was 21 days apart and A&D like to use some odd ball ways on deciding when to update so this would be another odd idea. So August first is A-1. A stands for Ace one of the two cards needed for 21. Second I thought that the Ace of Spades was considered the first card in a new deck, so thats how I got to the first. Anyways its just an idea and I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area, but it was just me speculating

Edited by Titanic SwimTeam

Since I'm new, not really sure where to post this but i figured its kinda of guessing on whats going to happen. This is kinda a reach but has anyone else thought that the next update could be monday, August 1st? The only reason I guess that is because the last update was 21 days apart and A&D like to use some odd ball ways on deciding when to update so this would be another odd idea. So August first is A-1. A stands for Ace one of the two cards needed for 21. Second I thought that the Ace of Spades was considered the first card in a new deck, so thats how I got to the first. Anyways its just an idea and I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area, but it was just me

this would probably be more fitting in the HHN Website Update page, but I do find your reasoning logical. It's not a shabby idea to have the next update on August 1st. The only problem is that we have not seen a single update BESIDES the first one (transition from HHN XX to HHN XXI, the current site). I am feeling that we might not have the luxury of LT and a massive story behind the event this year. If so, much more would have been put into the website and current info. So I am not anticipating much until the usual announcement of houses and zones near the middle-end of august. We can always hope though...

did u see the face in the end??? reminds me of back in 08 when they relesed these videos and at the end of the vid u could see a mirror and after a few u could see through it until finally bloody mary burst through it...maybe thats what theyre trying to do know bring in the aspect of suspense that theyve used in the past

did u see the face in the end??? reminds me of back in 08 when they relesed these videos and at the end of the vid u could see a mirror and after a few u could see through it until finally bloody mary burst through it...maybe thats what theyre trying to do know bring in the aspect of suspense that theyve used in the past

Except when you watch it and pause, it appears it is the face of the woman right before the screen blinks white.

The FB fan has been having technical issues since they updated the HHN 21 tab. At times the fan page does not exist. Other times the tab crashes the browser. I've tested it across the board on Firefox, Chrome, and IE... and it happened on all of them.

So... It's not gone I would just say come back later.

wow....no site updates only FB hints.... not sure how to feel about that. So long to wait, bummer.

Personally, I'm annoyed with Universal Orlando. This year has had the least interactive, imaginative, aggressive, and even viral pre-event marketing campaign that I've seen since I became a scare-actor. The spirit of the chase is almost completely missing for me this year, and this should go without saying but that FaceBook pagelet thing is a great disappointment compared to Dr. Mary Agana's journal, the Universal Palace Theater, and the Archive. Without our reliable sources to guide us, I would have honestly assumed that Universal had lost some of it's interest in HHN's reputation or suffered some kind of serious crisis in it's planning of the event. Come what may with the main site, I hope it really does rock my socks with it's full reveal, but I'm annoyed regardless with this lackadaisical schedule. And I just don't want to feel like it's information overload if they're in fact planning something complicated. Adversely, simple yet great would be awesome, but I have some reservations as Fear's lack of online presence was disappointing to me as well.

Personally, I'm annoyed with Universal Orlando. This year has had the least interactive, imaginative, aggressive, and even viral pre-event marketing campaign that I've seen since I became a scare-actor. The spirit of the chase is almost completely missing for me this year, and this should go without saying but that FaceBook pagelet thing is a great disappointment compared to Dr. Mary Agana's journal, the Universal Palace Theater, and the Archive. Without our reliable sources to guide us, I would have honestly assumed that Universal had lost some of it's interest in HHN's reputation or suffered some kind of serious crisis in it's planning of the event. Come what may with the main site, I hope it really does rock my socks with it's full reveal, but I'm annoyed regardless with this lackadaisical schedule. And I just don't want to feel like it's information overload if they're in fact planning something complicated. Adversely, simple yet great would be awesome, but I have some reservations as Fear's lack of online presence was disappointing to me as well.

This. The lack of internet build-up/presence for the event is just ridiculous. Cracking down on information leaks + not providing any information from Universal directly = lack of excitement for the event. I was super excited with the reveal of the teaser image. The ideas seemed endless for what they could present us based on the theme.

And now they've wasted an entire month, only to bring up hints on the FB page? Seriously?

I know there's more in store for us, but there's no reason they shouldn't continue the summer-long build-up for HHN each year. No clue how marketing or A&D or whoever decides what they should do for the website can be so clueless.

Like I said, I expect more, but I expect it to all come at once at the end of August. Extremely disappointing.

Regarding the lack of updates and all the complains, I'm actually happy about it.

I love the mystery of the event and readily admit I'm too weak to avoid searching all the forums for clues and breaking news and therefor ruining a lot of the surprises about the event for myself. Totally selfish stance, but that's how I honestly feel. I can't help but check...all the time...and am envious of the surprise some of my friends show when they go to the event and see stuff I've known about for months.

Every one of us posting here have either booked our trip, bought our tickets, or plan on buying our tickets soon....knowing nothing. We're the ones who enjoy the Website and the games of the past....but really, we're all already sold.

Joe Public needs to be sold on it, but they can do that a month before the event or whenever they unleash their commercial. I would love for them to be putting all their time, effort, and money into the commercial so a bit before the event we just get a WOW commercial that blows our mind and excites us beyond belief as well as encourages the general public to want to go. The FFP and now the Rush of Fear pass gives us, and more importantly the general public, more incentive to check it out and go multiple nights...and spend more money on parking, drinks, food, etc. A win win for Universal.

That said, time to go check a few other sites for any spoilers I can find!