HorrorNights.be

This IS quite odd. Perhaps their server has bugs in it, and they're simply attempting to fix it? I hope it doesn't turn into another Vault affair...*Speaking of which, does anyone have an archive for the Vault? <.<*

yeah I Recall an archive for the vault somewhere,

what if it was horrornight.be? they had the archives of every year of hhn sites as well....

yeah I Recall an archive for the vault somewhere,

what if it was horrornight.be? they had the archives of every year of hhn sites as well....

It was HHNRumors that had the Vault archived. I think it's been taken down, though.

That sucks about horrornights.be. The update checker on that site was fantastic. :( I hope it returns eventually.

I don't think it's server related as we would be getting a error code, it seems to me that the domain name is no longer registered. Just speculation though, as I'm not sure what happened.

As for the Vault, it was HHNRumors that had the mirror online, but to my knowledge they were asked to remove it. We do have a complete HHN history and information on our main site here. Just click "HOME" in the navigation bar, or just go straight to http://www.horrornightnightmares.com. If your looking for something particular from the Vault, we may be able to dig it up for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously what happened? why do all the archive sites go offline...

I'm finally doing what I should have done years ago... mirroring them myself (at least saving them) but it is time consuming and tedious going to the way back machine and reorganizing everything. So far I have an 99.9% functioning 2002 site. (ECard still having trouble and one pic unretrievable) Maybe once I full mirror them Nightmatre's might want them? I could put them on my own site but I don't have THAT much room.

I've been desperately trying to find the site even further back but have only come up with a splash screen for 2000. which I will save as well... It's getting harder to retrieve it for some reason on wayback. Anyone know of a better way to find the old sites? (aside from a time machine that is...) or if anyone has the sites archived that I could have I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by JWFearman

Seriously what happened? why do all the archive sites go offline...

I'm finally doing what I should have done years ago... mirroring them myself (at least saving them) but it is time consuming and tedious going to the way back machine and reorganizing everything. So far I have an 99.9% functioning 2002 site. (ECard still having trouble and one pic unretrievable) Maybe once I full mirror them Nightmatre's might want them? I could put them on my own site but I don't have THAT much room.

I've been desperately trying to find the site even further back but have only come up with a splash screen for 2000. which I will save as well... It's getting harder to retrieve it for some reason on wayback. Anyone know of a better way to find the old sites? (aside from a time machine that is...) or if anyone has the sites archived that I could have I would greatly appreciate it.

Awesome idea, JW. I wish I knew how to do all of that...I'd start doing it myself!!!

Mae

Not to take his thunder away, but I spoke to Nick about this tonight. He was aware of the outage and is in the process of bringing the site back online. It sounds like they should be back up relatively soon.

Not to take his thunder away, but I spoke to Nick about this tonight. He was aware of the outage and is in the process of bringing the site back online. It sounds like they should be back up relatively soon.

Good to hear you got ahold of him. I messaged him on AIM the other day but he was away.

It's not pretty, but I've set up a simple page so you can still access all the past websites while .be is offline:

http://hhn.thenickchandler.com/

Should have all of .be up and running again by weeks end, hopefully.

thanks for the link nick,i tried to get on the site and its still down.btw hhn17 is marked tales of terror when it should be COC

Edited by localHHNfan19

In 2005 Belgium opened up registration of their TLD, .be, to the public. For the entire year you could register any .be domain for free. So I took that opportunity to register HorrorNights.be, because it's short, simple, and to the point.

Originally the site was just a plain old directory listing where I hosted various pieces of images and video decompiled from the .swf files on the official HHN site. Universal had just started creating elaborate HHN websites that told a story and were worth re-visiting, so I started archiving them and providing links to .zip files you could download so you could view the full websites offline, and people seemed to really like that.

But the HHN fan community was growing around this time, and a lot of the newer, less internet savvy members couldn't quite figure out these "zip files" and how to look at a website that wasn't on the internet. So I started hosting the full sites on my server, organized all my archived media from past events into their respective years, and made .be into an actual website.