HHN XX Rants

Michele

I had express passes one night with some friends who were only going one night. We went straight to Havoc. After a long wait in express line, we get to the front. The regular line is a huge cluster f**k all the way to the entrance, at least five people wide, all trying to fit single file into the house. When she scanned our tickets, they didn't even try to cut off the regular line. We were shoved by a group of about 20 pre teens all locking arms, holding shoulders, etc. They separated our group and when I yelled excuse me we were before you, they just yelled at me in a foreign language. The employees just stood and watched and kept saying keep moving. I was so irritated. Im tired of getting stepped on by these groups of kids too. Im almost 6 foot in my boots and they act like they dont see me! I must say when I accidentally stomp on their feet (who wears sandles to HHN?) and they scream in pain, it makes me feel a little better.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so many varying and almost insolvable issues... I'm almost debating not even going to HHNO once because I don't want to waste my hard earned money or waste my time flying down from Canada to have my experience ruined by some fucking stupid ops member, a drunkard or an idiot kid who thinks he's a fucking comedian. Well, do the benefits outweigh the douchebags? Or is it pretty much a waste, almost a guarantee to have it ruined by someone. I know it's possible to enjoy it with these issues, and its all relative, but... I don't live on my own, nor do I have a stable income to support such and such amount wasted on assholes. Not that it'd be a waste if I could enjoy it provided all these problems, and people are overexaggerating the small issues due to short tempers and lack of patience.

Edited by SpookHouse66

Wow, so many varying and almost insolvable issues... I'm almost debating not even going to HHNO once because I don't want to waste my hard earned money or waste my time flying down from Canada to have my experience ruined by some fucking stupid ops member, a drunkard or an idiot kid who thinks he's a fucking comedian. Well, do the benefits outweigh the douchebags? Or is it pretty much a waste, almost a guarantee to have it ruined by someone. I know it's possible to enjoy it with these issues, and its all relative, but... I don't live on my own, nor do I have a stable income to support such and such amount wasted on assholes. Not that it'd be a waste if I could enjoy it provided all these problems, and people are overexaggerating the small issues due to short tempers and lack of patience.

I went 8 times and rarely had a problem, so it is not guaranteed to be ruined by someone. Also, your fun is what you make it if someone is being a d-bag there.. you can opt to not let it ruin your night because chances are you'll only be around that person for a few minutes all night long. The event itself imo is amazing and definitely worth the money. The good definitely outweighs the bad in my eyes. If it didn't.. I wouldn't attend.

If you see someone being a butt-hole, or start to become rowdy, just come back to that section of the park later and steer clear. Keep your night flexible and try to avoid them. It's not like they're in every single corner of the park (usually), and I've been on plenty of nights where I haven't seen too many rude people, or drunks. It can be pleasant with or without the bad people, you just have to have the right mindset and don't let it ruin your experience.

I've only had trouble with ops twice:

1. On the first night I was going through LT and a drunk/high guy behind me freaked out and started punching into a boohole. After having a nice moment of screaming and cursing at him, I told the ops chick in the next room. All she did was look at me confused, like "What am I supposed to do?" I had to tell the cop at the end of the house, and even then he took so long to get my exact description of the event that he let the guy walk away as I was pointing right at him. I'm pretty sure he got away with it, since he was already out of sight by the time they stopped looking confused and said they'd radio ahead.

2. Also in LT on the next night, for the Rumors meetup, the girl in the scrim hallway kept shouting at us to move when the people around the corner weren't. I understand it's their job to keep the line moving, but there's no point in repeatedly telling us to move faster when something in another part of the house has brought us to a standstill. Not only does it not complete your job, it just annoys the fuck out of us. Doesn't help when you're telling a WHEELCHAIR to move faster. Sure, go faster and run into the wall or props.