HHN XX Rants

Michele

For those of you who have met me, you probably noticed the huge furry Gloomy Bear paw hanging off of my keychain. They always ask "wtf is that?" and I ALWAYS have to explain that it's just a keychain and the claws are rubber. They let me through, it just takes about 5 minutes of conversing before they get it.

GLOPLSHTAIGntPawGraywBl_1.jpg

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the OPs, I actually saw what happens in a world without an OP. I was walking through Zombiegeddon and it was a section with no OPs around. The line i was in, obviously not knowing where to go, ended up leading the conga line right into a boohole and a good amount of people broke out into the backstage before we had to be redirected by a very confused scareactor. Never the less, this would not have happend if an OP was present. And I was luckily enough not harrassed by any OPs throughout my trips. The most i got was a kind girl politely asking me to put my camera away before i had entered Zombiegeddon, and i told her i just wanted to take a picture of the facade, and she let me. So, I did rather well with OPs.

-The expensive ass dinners i had to buy before we went into the park

Although that is Hard Rock and not Universal (granted you were ranting in general, not that there is anything wrong with that.) I feel your pain. I dropped $30 on a meal at Hard Rock Cafe in June and all that was on my ticket was my meal and 1 appetizer for me and my party to split.

About the OPs, I actually saw what happens in a world without an OP. I was walking through Zombiegeddon and it was a section with no OPs around. The line i was in, obviously not knowing where to go, ended up leading the conga line right into a boohole and a good amount of people broke out into the backstage before we had to be redirected by a very confused scareactor. Never the less, this would not have happend if an OP was present. And I was luckily enough not harrassed by any OPs throughout my trips. The most i got was a kind girl politely asking me to put my camera away before i had entered Zombiegeddon, and i told her i just wanted to take a picture of the facade, and she let me. So, I did rather well with OPs.

LOL that almost happened to me in PsychoScareapy tonight, in the finale room one of the actors got me really good and the strobe got me all messed up so I somehow ended up walking in a giant circle and was going backwards in the room lol the guests behind me got me going in the right direction.

There's a difference between effective pulsing and poor pulsing. Every instance of pulsing I've experienced so far has been the latter - the op ways a good 30 seconds to a minute to let ONE group into the house (that could be as few as one or two people). While it provides you with the chance to go through the house essentially alone, they need to be more efficient - send two or three groups in every 20 seconds or so to keep the line moving. It still breaks up the line so scares aren't ruined, but also keeps wait times from getting ridiculous.

Ok, my BIGGEST gripe this year is what BRAIN SURGEON decided to charge EVERYONE 25.00 to park in Valet? I was told by customer service that this was a LAST MINUTE thing, it is not on the website and NOT on the Premier annual passes. The poor valet guys were not making any money, I had to park in the stinking garage with a million other people and what really bothered me was what if you were just going to have dinner, go to citiwalk or see a movie? There are over 20 days in the month of October that Universal wants to charge you FULL valet prices for parking! It really discouraged me from going over there for dinner and the movies on a couple nights. First of all Universal, IF you are going to charge for valet, MAKE SURE you give annual pass holders at least a years notice and it is in BOLD print. Second, IF you are going to charge for parking, at the LEAST you could give pass holders a discount for like 5 or 10 dollars to park, NOT the full 25 dollar price everyone else is paying.

I also agree with one of the earlier posts about flashing hats/horns. I was waiting in line for the mummy with friends and saw three girls get on the ride with those flashing horns. Not only do this items ruin the effect of the ride, but they could fly off and hit a customer behind them during the course of the attraction. Universal should have a IRON CLAD rule that NO flashing items can be turned on during shows, rides OR houses. There are just too many ignorant people out there that only care about their own pleasure and ignore everyone elses point of view.

Catacombs line last night was kinda bad, The line said something like 20 minutes or something, I went to do it and it was not that long, But The express line was almost as long as the regular one, I was like wtf? and even though the normal line was not that long, they made is wait like 45 minutes because of all the express people that were stuck, I don't really understand why this happened, but they were really slow in checking their passes,

Ok, my BIGGEST gripe this year is what BRAIN SURGEON decided to charge EVERYONE 25.00 to park in Valet? I was told by customer service that this was a LAST MINUTE thing, it is not on the website and NOT on the Premier annual passes. The poor valet guys were not making any money, I had to park in the stinking garage with a million other people and what really bothered me was what if you were just going to have dinner, go to citiwalk or see a movie? There are over 20 days in the month of October that Universal wants to charge you FULL valet prices for parking! It really discouraged me from going over there for dinner and the movies on a couple nights. First of all Universal, IF you are going to charge for valet, MAKE SURE you give annual pass holders at least a years notice and it is in BOLD print. Second, IF you are going to charge for parking, at the LEAST you could give pass holders a discount for like 5 or 10 dollars to park, NOT the full 25 dollar price everyone else is paying.

I also agree with one of the earlier posts about flashing hats/horns. I was waiting in line for the mummy with friends and saw three girls get on the ride with those flashing horns. Not only do this items ruin the effect of the ride, but they could fly off and hit a customer behind them during the course of the attraction. Universal should have a IRON CLAD rule that NO flashing items can be turned on during shows, rides OR houses. There are just too many ignorant people out there that only care about their own pleasure and ignore everyone elses point of view.

They did let us know that you would have to pay for valet on event nights. It says it right on the back of my Premier Annual Pass ticket. That's why I've been parking perferred every event night. And if you park as close as possible to the exit there is usually no problem getting out. Non event nights I still parked valet for free. I don't know how you had this problem. That just sucks.

Not sure where I should put this, soo since I am ranting.. I shall put it here :D Something that REALLY bothers me is that the icons on different casts don't look alike.. example.. One Chance has curly red hair, and one has straight blonde hair. I saw a picture of one yesterday that I assume is the back-up chance, and she has black hair. The two Eddies also.... one has long blonde hair, and one has black hair. Can't they place scareactors with similar hair in the same spot? Especially with something as important as icons.

/end rant.

NOT universal's fault at all BUT when I was in Zombiegeddon I thought a scareactor was like attacking me when come find out a teenager from the group behind me got so scared he jumped on my back! yikes, lol it didn't bother me that much but scared the you know what out of me when it happened. Ugh, sometimes I wish they would enforce an age limit or something.

Not sure where I should put this, soo since I am ranting.. I shall put it here :D Something that REALLY bothers me is that the icons on different casts don't look alike.. example.. One Chance has curly red hair, and one has straight blonde hair. I saw a picture of one yesterday that I assume is the back-up chance, and she has black hair. The two Eddies also.... one has long blonde hair, and one has black hair. Can't they place scareactors with similar hair in the same spot? Especially with something as important as icons.

/end rant.

I don't know about that, I think that's one of the things I like the most about the scarezones is how sometimes the characters change like that, specially Chance,

She is my favorite character this year and is cool to see them, I guess with the other icons the change is not as big, but, I don't see a problem there,

Edited by black7mask

I have been using Valet parking for HHN for almost TEN years and this year was the first time they pulled this on me. MY Premier pass states "Pass holder benefits differ depending on type of pass and may not be valid for separately ticketed events such as HHN and Rock the Universe" NO WHERE on my AP does it state a $25.00 parking fee for valet. People were pissed, the Valet guys were pissed, HELL, EVEN Guest Relations was pissed about this move they pulled this year. Management told everyone THE NIGHT OF THE FIRST HHN about the $25.00 fee from what I was told my Guest Services and 3 different Valet Guys. IGNORANT or GREEDY decision by Universal that no doubt in my mind cost them business in FOOD, Movies and City Walk Clubs. I have had this pass for several years, so it might not be updated, I will play the devils advocate on that point, but not giving ANY discount for AP TOP level pass is just silly!

They did let us know that you would have to pay for valet on event nights. It says it right on the back of my Premier Annual Pass ticket. That's why I've been parking perferred every event night. And if you park as close as possible to the exit there is usually no problem getting out. Non event nights I still parked valet for free. I don't know how you had this problem. That just sucks.

I really didn't see much of a problem, especially the ones you guys have been talking about. It's fine to me with the whole pulsing thing, I'm used to the whole waiting thing.. I just don't happen to like some of the other guests I have to be around.

Example: When I was in line for Hades I had the pleasure of being behind these three individuals who every minute they kept on taking headshot photos of themselves. Then after each time I had to endure them squealing about how the guy's eyes were too squinty in each shot, etc. etc... this continued on until halfway in between the length of the soundstages, although I guess they got bored with their MySpace or Facebook profile photo session by then and started to do the hand slap game or something, so I had to hear the girls squealing even more.

Again, not an ops or security or icon or drunks problem, just people acting younger than they probably are. I dunno, they could have been in high school but looked like they were their 20's for all know. Meh. Most of the time I zone it out. I'm a little used to idiots anyway, I deal with at work... I just get to see people like them get scared, and it puts me in a very happy place.

Although, my only gripe is timing.. I missed everything in Legendary Truth tonight because of that.. I felt a little let down by that.

I was in line for Psyhcoscareapy and this VERY loud drunk, who kept calling me the "Five years of whores shirt guy" repeatedly, until I turned around and said in a semi angry voice "Ok, LOOK. It's TEN Years of whores, five years of horror. Got it?" he left me alone, but he would yell and scream about how he thinks he's in the wrong line, over and over and over again, and his girlfriend kept telling him "No we're not, stop embarrassing me" until finally we got to an ops, and they asked the ops what house that was...the ops actually had to describe the house to them, and they group said "omg, we HAVE been through here before" so the ops puts them in the express line to Hades. Wtf? So they got in the wrong line, and now are allowed to skip everyone in the Hades line. Either way, though, I was happy to have those drunkards out from behind me, and I was able to enjoy my experience.

Also, I met a good ops. I don't want to put it in scareactor shout outs, and don't know where else to put it. Anyhow, I was going through Zombiegeddon alone...got passed the bridge/cage ish scene, and one of the scareactors from behind the fence got me REAL good. So the ops says "Heh, you think that THAT was scary, keep on going!" I actually grinned. May have killed the experience for some, but it amused me.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but i feel like theres just to much color at the event overall.....

Ok but on a serious note:: STOP pulsing lines...20 minute waits posted should not equal to a 35-45 minute wait because YOU feel the need to stop the line for 5 seconds just for me to catch up one room into the house because the last people happen to be SCARED and therefore don't want to continue :/ It's ridiculous. stop. good try, but it fails.

I said it was something that bothered ME..hence it being MY rant. So what you don't see as a problem doesn't mean it shouldn't bother me. I am entitled to my opinion, and the thread is called "HHN XX/Universal Rants"

Oh, omg No, I never meant any argument, I was simply answering to your rant, and just giving my opinion to your rant, my point of view on it, I was simply trying to say that just like you see a problem with the chance of actors I actually like the change of actors, but I guess I shouldn't have written "I don't see a problem there"

I don't understand why you felt attacked, but I wasn't attacking your point of view, I'm sorry if you felt that way

please forgive me if you felt that way, that wasn't my intention at all :)

Edited by black7mask

I was in line for Psyhcoscareapy and this VERY loud drunk, who kept calling me the "Five years of whores shirt guy" repeatedly, until I turned around and said in a semi angry voice "Ok, LOOK. It's TEN Years of whores, five years of horror. Got it?" he left me alone, but he would yell and scream about how he thinks he's in the wrong line, over and over and over again, and his girlfriend kept telling him "No we're not, stop embarrassing me" until finally we got to an ops, and they asked the ops what house that was...the ops actually had to describe the house to them, and they group said "omg, we HAVE been through here before" so the ops puts them in the express line to Hades. Wtf? So they got in the wrong line, and now are allowed to skip everyone in the Hades line. Either way, though, I was happy to have those drunkards out from behind me, and I was able to enjoy my experience.

lol did this happen around 9 pm?? if so I was in the express line at the time and I was caught the tail end of this and kept on wondering to myself how on earth can you get in the wrong line lol

I believe so, actually. It was right around when Psychoscareapy went down to about 20 minutes, which is why I hopped into the line. If getting drunk and carrying on will get me a spot in the express line to a house with a 60 minute wait, maybe I should do it once I turn 21 :P .

Ok, I don't seriously believe that...but some other wannabe drunkards will.

I am SO tired of seeing flash lights come on while I'm in houses. I'm not saying this as a general Ops rant because I have a lot of friends who are Ops and last year I made a good friend who was Ops who helped me a lot and would always be able to follow the problematic people out for me just like that. With that said I KNOW that Ops ARE NO supposed to be using their flashlights except for emergencies because many Ops have told me this, and they definitely aren't supposed to be using them in the way I saw them use them.

I saw flashlights come on twice in PS alone, once was to many. One was some guy just trying to push the line along faster and "trying to direct". Dude, I have eyes, I can see. Don't wave your flashlight. I know your job is boring and I know your told to try and get the counts up but you are also told to blend into the surroundings and not use your flashlights unless there is an emergency. So don't. The next one pissed me off way more, and I know my friend who works in the house had a problem with this staff member as well. The guy seriously shines his flash light and points it at some sign right before the finale and says "Guys you see this." It was some stupid sign about don't block the area I was to busy being pissy because you COMPLETELY brought me out of the experience. It wasn't just that, this guy is parallel to an actor. If I was that actor I would be LIVID. As I said I know your job is boring, BUT you are told NOT to do things just like that. So how about you don't do them.

</rant>