Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

JackLover

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I didn't enjoy the show this year as much as I have in the past it was still funny and in my eyes still good. And remember that they can't put in a part if they don't have a lookalike actor the only place where that would be canceled out which should have been included is with Avatar.

Thirdly, if they were attempting to parody the B and T show, make that clear from the start. Although I don't think that's the direction they need to go, it's better to explain that then just let it ride. The audience was not into it and looked really confused as to what was going on.

They DO explain it. You have to listen more carefully to the dialogue when they're preparing to bring in characters.

If you have to flat-out say "We're just making fun of the past, dude!", it's not funny. A rule of comedy is to never explain the joke.

They DO explain it. You have to listen more carefully to the dialogue when they're preparing to bring in characters.

If you have to flat-out say "We're just making fun of the past, dude!", it's not funny. A rule of comedy is to never explain the joke.

I understand you want to defend the show, but the bottom line is I understood what they were trying to do and it was still not funny. If a huge fan of the event who gets the metahumor doesn't find it funny, the general public sure isn't, even when intoxicated. The show was very weak, and has done a better job of parodying itself in the past with the "so when do we start randomly dancing?" lines.

I understand you want to defend the show, but the bottom line is I understood what they were trying to do and it was still not funny. If a huge fan of the event who gets the metahumor doesn't find it funny, the general public sure isn't, even when intoxicated. The show was very weak, and has done a better job of parodying itself in the past with the "so when do we start randomly dancing?" lines.

It's not about defending the show. It's about trying to explain to people who just think that the show was written in a hurry and a desperate attempt to parody pop culture are doing it wrong.

Out of all the years I've seen B&T this year was by far the suckiest of them all.

What a complete waste of what use to be a great vehicle for laughs. And who the hell picked the music this year? Bon Jovi and Loverboy as the big finale tunes...really?! There wasn't anything else out there to choose from? At all?!!!

Where was the old hilarity and stupid jokes that have made this show so hysterical in the past?! Sans a comment here or there, it was as if this production was completely devoid of humor.

And did the copyright for the use of the REAL "We Will Rock You" by Queen expire? Because the small cut they used sounded like it as off some "Best of Remixes" CD.

We were incredibly disappointed with this show. So much more could have been done with it. The only thing I enjoyed were the costumes...and that's because I had a hand in making them.

As we left the overall agreement by everyone around us was it was just a huge mess of a show. Here's hoping they do some SERIOUS revamping, because this was needs it. In a major way.

Well by the sounds of the reviews, it sounds like I'm going to forget getting that "Saw B & T on both coasts" accolade until I hear some serious improvements come Thursday. Until then and unless the show has improved before I go on the seventh, I guess I'm just sticking with the Hollywood B & T.

I caught the last shows on both days of opening weekend and they need to do a lot things to fix this major screw up of a great show. Who wrote the script? An intern or something?

I know. Some parts of the script were ok and funny (Like the Old Spice bit), but the majority of it needs to have a re-write. Because I feel like saying it once wasn't enough I'll say it again: CHANGE THE SCRIPT UNIVERSAL!!!

Edited by cwoolboy

It really hurts for me to say this but probably one of the worst B&T shows i've seen... :(

Sadly i agree. I spoke to T.J about it a little...i didnt tell him it sucked of course but i told him that i didn't enjoy it as much as the past years. He said that with time, changes can be made if they feel its not getting the review it should. The B&T show is very important to them and they want it to be the best as possible for us.

So hopefully, they will see read this thread or w.e it maybe and they might change things up a bit but who knows.

Edited by NowYouKnowJack

Sadly i agree. I spoke to T.J about it a little...i didnt tell him it sucked of course but i told him that i didn't enjoy it as much as the past years. He said that with time, changes can be made if they feel its not getting the review it should. The B&T show is very important to them and they want it to be the best as possible for us.

So hopefully, they will see read this thread or w.e it maybe and they might change things up a bit but who knows.

What pull does TJ really have, its Mike's show. Yes technically TJ is Mike's boss I believe but idk...they need to do something fast because the show is in bad shape.

I just saw the Hollywood Bill and Ted on YouTube and it honestly is 100 times better then ours. They should just get rid of ours and use Hollywood's version. The show is written and audio is all recored already so they'd just have to train the actors.

I just saw the Hollywood Bill and Ted on YouTube and it honestly is 100 times better then ours. They should just get rid of ours and use Hollywood's version. The show is written and audio is all recored already so they'd just have to train the actors.

I just saw it too, it's great in comparison to the one here. What the hell... I guess with the budget spent on all the houses and scarezones they had to make cuts somewhere. :(

Edited by CubanGringo

What pull does TJ really have, its Mike's show. Yes technically TJ is Mike's boss I believe but idk...they need to do something fast because the show is in bad shape.

Its not like T.J would be like Mike, you're show sucks this year. I'm sure he would give him his opinions, go over reviews and they would try and figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. Its not about who has the pull, its about how they can improve what ever the problem is. They have proven to us that they listen to their fans so im sure they would do as much as they can to make our experience a memorable one.

For me, B & T has just been a waste of time for the past two years. The last time I enjoyed the show was in 2006. They seriously need think about this show more than they are, because when normal people who aren't fans walk out and say it's horrible, that's just mot acceptable.

For me, B & T has just been a waste of time for the past two years. The last time I enjoyed the show was in 2006. They seriously need think about this show more than they are, because when normal people who aren't fans walk out and say it's horrible, that's just mot acceptable.

Come on, I loved 06 as much as you but you have to admit after 07 the show as on a upswing. Election years have always been good and last year was the best show I've seen since 06. It had heart, good laughs and actual story, great cast, and good music. My opinion. It just felt more personal.

I have to agree, the last time I truly enjoyed the show was 2006...since then, every year has been a bit more of a let down. I'm glad we are able to attend the event multiple times, because if I was someone who only had one night to see everything and wasted a good half an hour of my time on B&T this year, I'd be ticked off. In a major way.