Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice

JackLover

Well I went through both shows tonight and throughly enjoyed both. Brian is a very entertaining performer and extremely good at what he does. You can tell how much he knows about his art and how comfortable he is on stage. It works perfectly. I'm not going to spoil anything, but both shows are definitely worth a watch in my opinion. We got to talk to him for a bit after the show, get a couple pics, and he's a really cool guy. Very easily approachable unlike a lot of people who do these events.

Brian, I'm sure you're going to read this because I know you've been lurking around the forums, but I really enjoyed both shows today. The intro videos were hilarious and definitely set the mood for the rest of the show. And thanks for the Cheats, Cons, Swindles, & Tricks book. Lots of interesting stuff in there I'll be doing with some friends ;) It was great to meet you and I'll be looking forward to checking it out a few more times before the end of October.

suvqyx.jpg

Yeah, Gotta sayafter initially forming an opinion I've gotten to run into him a couple time snow at the event, and just a great guy to get to talk to, looking forward to the 10th and being able to catch the show that is happening 500 feet away.

Still great to see you (cause again, you'll end up seeing this, and hopefully they'll find your misplaced "R") in Zombiegeddon tonight. He, and his crew came in, and at least during our room, it was all smiles, and nothing but good words at the end of the night. I gotta say it is a plasure having you here at the event. Will probibly run into you again here soon.

-Josh/Chemo/the f'd up looking zombie.

I saw the show, I think I saw menace, it was funny, I liked it, The last part of the show really freaked me out, I hate watching or hearing "ghost" related stuff, the last part with the phone experiment was scary, I hope it was fake, the last part was funny, but the rest was freaky. you're really nice Brian, very friendly and easy to talk to, I would love to have been chosen for the card trick, Oh and your helpers were... just, Wow!

I have to check the other show next time

(I still miss Rocky horror picture show, I miss it Greatly, :( )

Edited by black7mask

Just to let everyone know, we have two new HNN Accolades related to Brian Brushwood.

PicturewBrianBrushwood.jpgCaught the Illusionist - Picture w/ Brian Brushwood

AttendMenaceandMaliceinthesamenight.jpgDouble Take - Attend Menace and Malice in the same night

A plus if you have a Horror Night Nightmares shirt on. :)

To Brian, it was cool meeting and talking with you last night after the Malice show, along with taking the picture!

Brian, I'm sure you're going to read this because I know you've been lurking around the forums,

LOL... totally busted. :blush:

but I really enjoyed both shows today. The intro videos were hilarious and definitely set the mood for the rest of the show. And thanks for the Cheats, Cons, Swindles, & Tricks book. Lots of interesting stuff in there I'll be doing with some friends ;) It was great to meet you and I'll be looking forward to checking it out a few more times before the end of October.

I'm glad you dug the intro video stuff. My goal was for the "show" to start the moment you walked in the door with the pre-show and intro videos. Don't know if you noticed, but we mix up some of the mash-ups before each of the shows, too (this one's my current favorite: Kanye Mahna.mp3).

Hit up both Malice and Menace last night, and really enjoyed it. Brian does a lot of the "staples" of magic (escapes, cards, etc.) but adds his own flair and personality to them, which makes them really shine. And of course he's an absolute jackass gentleman to boot.

Bottom line, go see his shows. He's hilarious, mildly disgusting, and definitely a fan of crotch straps. (And honestly Brian, I think you should do it with three men all the time. Makes it funnier for me.)

Think I saw Malice not sure. Enjoyed it some same stuff but it's still enjoyable! Stopped by to say hi after, got to get a new picture though mine didn't come out to well. Was picked to go on stage and describe the "nail" going into the eye. It was fun.

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of Scam School and your BBLiveShow on Youtube, really funny stuff. Any chance of getting the intro videos on YouTube when the event is over? Or possibly a direct download link through megaupload or sendspace?

Absolutely. The intro videos were collaborations with my buddies over at Film Riot. You can even learn how to do the fire demon effect for yourself right here:

we cut down a special version of the "pitch meeting" skit for the intro of menace, but I'll make that available as well.

My sister and her friend saw your Malice show on Saturday and said they were impressed and enjoyed themselves. Since it was a midnight closing night and opening weekend, I only saw Bill & Ted - but I'll be up in Orlando this Friday, and that being a 2 AM event night, I'll try to stop by for at least one of your shows. I'll introduce myself if I see you afterwards!

I feel bad about missing this show on opening weekend because I was really looking forward to seeing it. Even if I have to split up with my group I'm making sure to see Malice on closing weekend or sooner if I somehow get lucky enough to go again before then.

I was in line for Zombiegeddon and I could have sworn that I heard songs by Benny Benassi and Pendulum during one of the shows. Was this during Menace or Malice?

I was in line for Zombiegeddon and I could have sworn that I heard songs by Benny Benassi and Pendulum during one of the shows. Was this during Menace or Malice?

The Benny Benassi you heard would be one of my favorite mashups we're playing before the shows:

And yes, both shows start with some Pendulum in them, (different songs, too!)

-Brian

The Benny Benassi you heard would be one of my favorite mashups we're playing before the shows:

And yes, both shows start with some Pendulum in them, (different songs, too!)

-Brian

Really? I only caught Slam playing at the beginning of each show. I'll have to listen again. Love Satisfaction btw. Nice choice.

"slam" (from hold your color) is at the beginning of menace, "salt in the wounds" (from immersion) is at the beginning of malice.

That's right, I remember that bringing up a conversation about Immersion with me and some friends when we were in the Zombiegeddon queue. Great album and again, nice choice.