HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

You really think I'm joking? :mellow:

Now hold your horses Steve. Nobody said we're getting a sixth maze next year. I could see that happening in 2012 or so but I wouldn't jump too conclusions. Don't want us to get crushed again haha.

i never said we were FOR SURE getting one

its always a possibility :DD

then again.......Murdy DID SAY he was thinking about originally using JP Que for HOTC but KK got in the way

so lets just say we X out KK next year

and murdy does use JP Que as WELL as T2 Que

could we have a 6th?

the world may never know

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Im saying is the budget for the 5th maze/Kong Express came out of the 2nd show. A fair trade, I'd say.

The survey taker are usualy at the front gate during chainsaw chaseout so we know what to do

Trick 'r' Treat

Scream

and Evil Dead come on people vote or die

I'll make you a deal. I'll try and get people to vote for Trick 'r' Treat if you promise not to even mention Scream.

All Im saying is the budget for the 5th maze/Kong Express came out of the 2nd show. A fair trade, I'd say.

I'll make you a deal. I'll try and get people to vote for Trick 'r' Treat if you promise not to even mention Scream.

I would imagine not for the perver- I mean, Rocky Horror fans.

I'm kidding guys, I'm kidding.

Okay, I'm not going to vote for Trick r' Treat then haha.

So that means if the sequel does well, we're gonna get a maze based on the sequel. NO. I want one based on the first movie. And Murdy is full of shit, HOTC didnt do well and hes using that. Hes just a whore for RZ. And NO DEAL Trev, I love Scream and would love to see it translated into a maze. While I'm skeptical on if could work or not, I want to see it attempted.

So that means if the sequel does well, we're gonna get a maze based on the sequel. NO. I want one based on the first movie. And Murdy is full of shit, HOTC didnt do well and hes using that. Hes just a whore for RZ. And NO DEAL Trev, I love Scream and would love to see it translated into a maze. While I'm skeptical on if could work or not, I want to see it attempted.

Although I would like a Scream maze.

I personally think people wouldn't really be "too" afraid of ghostface if you know what i mean.

People would be more like "wtf?" than screaming (although there will be lots of screaming)

Although I would like a Scream maze.

I personally think people wouldn't really be "too" afraid of ghostface if you know what i mean.

People would be more like "wtf?" than screaming (although there will be lots of screaming)

IMO I dont find Harry Warden from MBV scary, But he got me on more than one occasion last year. Its all about the scareactor and the environment. IMHO.

Btw I forgot to say that although I too love RHPS, I would choose a 6th maze over it any day! Sorry Horror Lover.

IMO I dont find Harry Warden from MBV scary, But he got me on more than one occasion last year. Its all about the scareactor and the environment. IMHO.

Btw I forgot to say that although I too love RHPS, I would choose a 6th maze over it any day! Sorry Horror Lover.

thats what i was gonna say lol

its all about how the character is portrayed by the scareactor and how much energy they have towards you and such.

and yess very sorry horror lover lol

tuff choice Only cuz I love TrT and Screams just alright IMHO then yes sorry DTH

and I agree with the Popularity thing with HOTC vs TrT and I think its BS

And I rather have a 6/5th maze then RHPS just as long as we got Bill and Ted Im good and RHPS was good but not a life changing thing so sorry Horror Lover

BTW Murdy said on Twitter he'd like to use the Director again or the Usher sometime in the future

Edited by Grindhousehero13

tuff choice Only cuz I love TrT and Screams just alright IMHO then yes sorry DTH

and I agree with the Popularity thing with HOTC vs TrT and I think its BS

And I rather have a 6/5th maze then RHPS just as long as we got Bill and Ted Im good and RHPS was good but not a life changing thing so sorry Horror Lover

BTW Murdy said on Twitter he'd like to use the Director again or the Usher sometime in the future

The Director and Usher are PERFECT for HHNH, seeing as how all our mazes are based on movies. Excluding this year's Vampyre. I really love the Director and wish he present in 06. I def wouldnt mind seeing him come back.

RHPS or 6th maze?? I'll definetly go with an extra maze!!! Heck we could have 7 mazes next year if Murdy used the JP area and the Gibson lawn. It's ashame sometimes that it appears we have more creative minds on here than Universal does( no offense to Murdy or his team) I'm just tired of seeing repeats and getting the same BS excuses why we have them.

OMG HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO WAY IMA BE CHEATED OUT OF RHPS IN 2011 IT'S BAD ENOUGH WE'RE NOT CELEBRATING THE 35TH ANNIVERSARY BUT TO POTENTIALLY LOSE THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN IN THE FUTURE?!?!?!?

ohhh and btw as far as Icons in hollywood go

yes director and usher would fit us like a sequined, fingerless glove ;)

but the caretaker could fit right in with dark victorian era london

and the storyteller could have a place for her tales of terror in whoville :)

think about that for a second

Edited by horror lover

OMG HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO WAY IMA BE CHEATED OUT OF RHPS IN 2011 IT'S BAD ENOUGH WE'RE NOT CELEBRATING THE 35TH ANNIVERSARY BUT TO POTENTIALLY LOSE THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN IN THE FUTURE?!?!?!?

I personally haven't seen the show or had time to last year but if i had to choose between a general show or general maze, than i'd choose a maze.

The show was a blast!!!!!! it was like a typical midnight screening except due to safety reasons they cut out alot of the devirginizing...........................

Well maybe we should get a return so i can check it out:) Or even better, why can't we get the show and the maze? Also on your recent post i agree with you. I believe it's about time we start embracing more originality icons! If we are not gonna use any of Orlandos great icons, can we create a set of our own?

I will personally direct the Scream maze if the Universal creative teams is fresh out of ideas on how to make it scary.

There would be no reason to laugh at Ghostface. After all, we're being scared by GIANT PIG HEADS, WILLIAM SHATNER MASKS, and the WORST mask of ALL TIME - can anyone say GOALIE (even though I adore Jason)? Burn victims (who can only attack you while dreaming I might add), 2 foot tall dolls and CLOWNS. Yes, CLOWNS, something that is supposed to be fun turns out scary. Imagine THAT, yet it works EVERY year. At the end of the day, it's all silly and people are scared of the most ridiculous shit and stuff they never thought they would be scared by. Present it in a scary way and it'll work.

If Halloween worked as a maze, and a DAMN GOOD ONE at that, Scream could be even better. If something as bland as MBV worked as a maze, Scream would be better. Forget about environments for a second; you're walking through your house all alone on a Friday night and you get a phone call from someone who seems friendly at first but the chit chat turns into a deadly game moments later. Next thing you know, not only is your life on the line, so is your loved ones. You're in your own home, what you would describe as a safe haven and you can't escape death that's coming to you. Maybe the movies didn't present that concept as the scariest thing in the world but that idea can be made into something a whole lot scarier. As for the killers, it was anybody's ball game. In any other movie, they knew it was Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger. Rarely did anyone get suspicious of someone else in the group (I think this was actually only touched upon in the first NOES and that's it). You have no idea who the hell Ghostface is, if let alone it's one person. Identity is a scary thing in this world - of your own or someone else's. Who IS your next door neighbor? They might be the one who slayed that missing girl on the news last week for all you know. And YOU might be next. Suspicion and paranoia can turn a person mad; but let's focus on the maze techniques and scares here. All these ideas are present and for the sake of suspension of belief, you're going to buy it when walking in. If not, it's your fault for not being in the right mind set. Even besides that, how does a scare work? Well in Universal's case, we have a distraction (the set up) and the scare (the pay off). If the Halloween maze showed us anything, it's that it's fun to watch Michael Myers pop out of a closet and attack someone talking on the phone. But they don't always need to have phones, of course not! That's what was fun about the finale of the first film, that now you're being taunted in person instead of real life and some loose ends had to be taken out. Who doesn't love their creepy garage and the garage door that doesn't always work properly? :) What Halloween did in the 70s is what Scream did in the 90s; take something familiar and make a scary setting out of it. It's average, it's normal and it's what you're used to but suddenly you don't feel safe and that's what's realistic. That will stick with you the moment you open your front door to an empty home -- or so you think. Your key enters the knob and the door opens to the dark. You rush to the first light possible; will someone be standing there waiting or is the coast clear? But it's not done yet, you still have to open up your coat closet. You can enter the kitchen where you swear there's a missing kitchen knife in the rack or you can go up to your room. Perhaps your door is closed and yes, it's dark in there too. Your bed could be welcoming you to lay down or it could be a silent assailant waiting at the edge holding an axe trying their best to be patient to pick off you and your family the moment you open the door. But it's all clear until you drop something off the edge of your bed. Now you have to pick it up and your hand slowly inches towards the ground and all you can imagine in your mind is a hand reaching out and grabbing it suddenly. But nope, nothing. All is safe at home, everyone is nestled in their beds and the lights go down in the city............................................... ring ring.

Not only would it be a good maze, it would also be wildly popular. I don't think we need to get into, again, how it's the number 1 slasher film of all time (1, 2 AND 3) taking all three top spots. If Universal was smart, wanted to please GP and fans, grow the popularity of the event, have a great icon for marketing AND Terror Tram with an awesome storyline -- they would do Scream and should do it IN A HEARTBEAT.

Edited by DTH316

A Scream maze would be fantastic! I just watched the first film a week ago (Have yet to watch two and three.) and I think it has maze written all over it! If they did have it I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that it'll be in the Shrek queue since you know they're going to recycle the locker and restroom props since there's a high school in the movie. Also other environments that would be really cool for a maze:

Warning! Movie spoilers below! EDIT: The spoilers are not working properly so just read past this.

There coud be a scene where you walk through the forrest and a crashed news van can surprise you with a dead news reporter on top. Right when the van honks at you, Ghostface can pop out and scare the crap out of you. After you get out of the forrest you enter the house where they have that big party and you would enter by the garage. You would see Sydney's friend's body hanging in the garage door above you, dripping blood. While you're going through the house, you could see the bloody mess that has errupted and Ghostface could jump out at you (Someplace besides the closet since that would be too predictable.) Halloween would be playing in the living room. There could also be some teens around the house with shaker cans like in the MBV maze. After you walk out of the house you could go though a forest again and enter Woodsborroro High and pass the recycled lockers and restroom and then enter the Principal's office where he has been stabbed a few times. Another cool scene would be the dream sequence with all of the Ghostfaces around you like in the third one.

I'm sure there's more that could be used, especially from the upcoming fourth film, but again, I still also haven't seen the last two.

Edited by Freakazoid

Damn dude seriously GIVE IT UP. RHPS is not coming back. If everything we have gotten this year is based on what the GP wanted then we may never see it back again. I for one would rather have more mazes than that show. As long as Bill and Ted is here then the rest can be mazes. Slaughterworld sucked, Muytador was like WTF. Dead Celebrity Edition was a kick to the crotch. RHPS was idiotic, although the girls were hot :blush: . Bill and Ted is the only show that works, so keep that and add more mazes. My two cents....

Edited by Hobbz

Damn dude seriously GIVE IT UP. RHPS is not coming back. If everything we have gotten this year is based on what the GP wanted then we may never see it back again. I for one would rather have more mazes than that show. As long as Bill and Ted is here then the rest can be mazes. Slaughterworld sucked, Muytador was like WTF. Dead Celebrity Edition was a kick to the crotch. RHPS was idiotic, although the girls were hot :blush: . Bill and Ted is the only show that works, so keep that and add more mazes. My two cents....

Couldn't agree more Hobbz. Though it would be nice to have a magic show or something like that in the Animal Actors theater, I am perfectly content with just having Bill & Ted since both me and my friend last year had no intention whatsoever on seeing Rocky Horror.

Also, about HorrorNights93's comment about the Gibson Lawn being a good maze location for the future, I don't think they ever will since Murdy said that the Gibson lawn is owned by the Amphitheater people so I guess they wouldn't allow them to put a maze there. I mean think about it. If you were the creative director and you and your team were out hunting for a good maze location, wouldn't you try to find the most obvious location possible? (Being the Gibson lawn.) He did say earlier in the year that he looked for every possible location for an extra maze. Since I'm sure the amphitheater people wouldn't let them do it, they probably opted for the JP queue (Which I thought for sure was where they would put the fifth maze when I first heard the news.)...then an idea sprang up about trams to go see King Kong in the overspill queue came up so they looked more and went for the T2 queue.