HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

Yeah there's nothing to worry about since he said on Twitter that there's a new original concept outside of House of Horrors he wants use for next year's event.

thank god we're getting an original maze :D

ahah btw nice video update freak!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god we're getting an original maze :D

ahah btw nice video update freak!

Thanks man. Let's just hope that Murdy's philosophy on polls doesn't axe the idea of having an original maze outside of House of Horrors. What I hope Murdy learns is that he doesn't need to do what the general public wants, but to awe the GP and grab their attention. Of course the general public is going to ask for Freddy, Jason, and Saw again! They're hot icons right now. Now that they've already been done, they were great mazes, they had their time (Saw included), they're now already explored concepts, now let's move on to "horrific new characters and terrifying new ideas in order for this event to thrive" (Creative Director of Orlando). If they listen to what the fans want who are huge F13, Saw, and NOES fans who want their favorite characters to dominate the event for the next few years, they're going to turn off the fans and run this event into the ground. Of course if fans request that new movies that haven't been explored before (Scream, Hellraiser, Evil Dead, etc.), then by all means, DO IT! However, if they're requesting to bring back Saw or whatever because that's the big franchise right now, that's just not willing to explore new concepts that have yet to be explored and cheating the consumer by repeating concepts from years before (Especially if they were promised ALL new stuff). If people are threatening not to come if their event if their favorite maze isn't returning, then they'll certainly be awed by the new concepts for the mazes! USH, give us new stuff that would allow this event to thrive and a reason for people on the East Coast to fly out to our event as well!

Someone wrote murdy on twitter:

@Horror Nights Murdy can the lower lot be decorated this year like in 07? Pleasseee.

@hhn09That area of the park will be queue for Saw: Game On (because of Transformers construction)

Well there goes my hope for a well decorated lower lot SZ. And Freakazoid i agree with you a 100%!!!!!

Someone wrote murdy on twitter:

@Horror Nights Murdy can the lower lot be decorated this year like in 07? Pleasseee.

@hhn09That area of the park will be queue for Saw: Game On (because of Transformers construction)

Well there goes my hope for a well decorated lower lot SZ. And Freakazoid i agree with you a 100%!!!!!

Well that blows.

That doesn't make sense that they won't decorate the lower lot because of Saw's queue? What about from the escalator and on? I'm guessing it'll just be switchbacks probably from Panda and on but there's still quite a lot of ground to cover from JP to the Mummy to the Escalator.

Now there is something I can agree with. All the scarezones really need some dressing up. I know its hard with the existing setup of the park but Id love to see some more sensory immersion. Compared to the level we see in the mazes the scarezones look like a yard display. 20 ft flames are cool but they dont stand alone.

Now there is something I can agree with. All the scarezones really need some dressing up. I know its hard with the existing setup of the park but Id love to see some more sensory immersion. Compared to the level we see in the mazes the scarezones look like a yard display. 20 ft flames are cool but they dont stand alone.

I don't think the setup reflects the decorations quality. We have enough space in each SZ to add in props and dress the place up. The last time the lower lots been decorated was 2007, which is ashame because it should have some effort put in it by now.

I've been to every HHN Hollywood since 1992, and I've got to say this year is the least interesting ever. With the exception of the Rob Zombie house, absolutely nothing promises to be new regardless of what Murdy says. Every house and the Terror Tram has tweaked the name and had an "ALL NEW" sticker slapped on it. Very sloppy work if you ask me.

At least I get to visit both coasts again and see the truly All-New Orlando HHN...

I have a feeling that So Cal's best event this year will end up being the Queen Mary Dark Harbor.

Anyone see the new commercial?

Eh. It would've been dope if Freddy, Jason & La Llorona were actually in it.

Check out the Facebook to see it now.

I couldn't agree with you anymore. Yes, i was excited to see the commercial but No i was not impressed. I got the whole theme of "fears" being scared of this years HHN but would it have hurt to do like DTH said and put the actual icons in the commercial? I think not! This was another con for this year:/. Even last years commercial sucked and i think the only good hhn commercial we have had was was in 2007 when they were actually in the commercial. Than again we had the same commercial as Orlando that year. And Zombieman you are very lucky to travel and see both events. You might be right about the queen mary this year.

Edited by HorrorNights93

remember both 2007 and 2009's commercials were stolen "borrowed" from Orlando which is the only reason why we had jack that year as well as chucky in 2009..... whenever we do our own thing seperate from Orlando, the commercial usually ends up sucking big time................ This one was good but as you guys said, could have utilized Freddy, Jason and Bloody Mary La Llorona

I liked how they revealed the vampyre characters :) and I saw a chainsaw blade in silhouette at one point :)

remember both 2007 and 2009's commercials were stolen "borrowed" from Orlando which is the only reason why we had jack that year as well as chucky in 2009.....

The Reason we had the same commercial was because our event had the same theme we knew we had Jack well before the commercial was filmed but you are dead on with last years commercial

At the end when the kids turned around i would have prefered them seeing in the far foggy distance, freddy, jason, La llorona just standing there lol they wouldn't even have to move. And yes trev we did see the flashes of them at the end but i ment in the actual seen of the commercial. If they have the rights to use them than why couldn't they be used in the commercial like the 2007 commercial?

Idk why everyone is complaing, This is the best commercial USH has produced since our return. 06, 07, & 09 were all borrowed and/or shared from/with Orlando. 2008 was the only year we produced our own commercial and it was complete shit! Now I admit it might have made the commercial better had "the new 3" been in it, But I think its just fine as is.

You know, I still don't find the logic in the tagline.

If it's Freddy, Jason and La Llorona that fear fears most, then why are all those guys who seem like they would perfectly fit in our scarezones be running away when they WILL be in our scarezones, aren't they supposed to be gone because they fear it?! And if it was saying HHN in general as being what fear fears most, shouldn't they have made the costumes more dingy like Knotts' or something? These guys looked legit, not lame like the other Haunts which would've been a cool jab at the competition and made sense to people trying to pick which event to go to.

You know, I still don't find the logic in the tagline.

If it's Freddy, Jason and La Llorona that fear fears most, then why are all those guys who seem like they would perfectly fit in our scarezones be running away when they WILL be in our scarezones, aren't they supposed to be gone because they fear it?! And if it was saying HHN in general as being what fear fears most, shouldn't they have made the costumes more dingy like Knotts' or something? These guys looked legit, not lame like the other Haunts which would've been a cool jab at the competition and made sense to people trying to pick which event to go to.

Actually i thought the make- up was done well. It really does look better compared to other haunts. And Trev its not really complaining. Is it a crime now to give out your valid opinions? There OUR opinions that we are entitled to. The park is not 100% perfect in my OPINION so there will be things i personally point out.