HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no one likes fright fest?

ive been a couple of times and it just kept getting worse each year.

That looks awesome! I can't wait to go in it! My nerves are racking just thinking about all the stuff that will be in there!

i know im stoked! lol

A lot of the additions to HOH are permanent from what I understand.

well thats cool!(:

Well Agent, that pretty much answers your question from myself and others. Take our word, you NEVER want to go to Fright Fest. The line for every ride is 3 hours long, including the mazes (which are BEYOND cheap) and it's packed beyond all hell with stupid teenagers.

Well Agent, that pretty much answers your question from myself and others. Take our word, you NEVER want to go to Fright Fest. The line for every ride is 3 hours long, including the mazes (which are BEYOND cheap) and it's packed beyond all hell with stupid teenagers.

Do you know why it's so bad? Is the Creqtive Director just not that good or does Six Flags just not care or what??

Whoa, watch it DTH! I stupid teenager too! Why you gotta be so tough? :(

Just kidding. I don't want to lead off topic any further, but there was one "maze" in the Tidal Wave queue that was supposedly zombie-themed, and all it was for scenery was just a leaf tunnel with big holes for the actors. Most of the actors were not even close to zombies! Some were belly dancers and one was some guy wearing a gigantic Chinese Dragon head with a shaker can! (It's true!) It was just pathetic.

Back to the discussion, I think bagels are awesome.

Okay, back on topic for real. So do you think they're going to do more for the F13 facede besides just a bunch of trees? I mean, they've got only ten days before opening night.

Whoa, watch it DTH! I stupid teenager too! Why you gotta be so tough? :(

Just kidding. I don't want to lead off topic any further, but there was one "maze" in the Tidal Wave queue that was supposedly zombie-themed, and all it was for scenery was just a leaf tunnel with big holes for the actors. Most of the actors were not even close to zombies! Some were belly dancers and one was some guy wearing a gigantic Chinese Dragon head with a shaker can! (It's true!) It was just pathetic.

Back to the discussion, I think bagels are awesome.

Okay, back on topic for real. So do you think they're going to do more for the F13 facede besides just a bunch of trees? I mean, they've got only ten days before opening night.

holy crap i think i remember that one! lol

i was young so yeahh it scared me but now that i think back on it. i dont know why i was scared AT ALL lol! xD

and your deffinitely not being over dramatic it seriously was just a leaf tunnel straight walkthrough and then you were done.

and as for F13 murdy said its done so that would be a no lol

Edited by LeeRay

and as for F13 murdy said its done so that would be a no lol

:unsure: I hope we're not just going to be around some trees and then enter a doorway into some epic black tent as some crappy transition to the maze. I hope there's a transitional effect as you walk into the maze so you make your way into the forest. That would be nice.

Although both of these topics are a bit off (one being about Fright Fest and the other which could go in the F13 board, haha) I'll just contribute here.

Fright Fest, I have no idea how they handle business. From what I recall, they just rehash the same mazes over and over again (seriously does anyone know if they're STILL doing Brutal Planet & The Haunted Mansion at the top of Samurai Summit?). Not that that's the hugest complaint in the book, it's just that's it's VERY poorly done. Think 1/4 of what Knott's is capable of doing, since we know HHN is double of what Knotts does. Seriously, it's no comparison. That makes Fright Fest only 1/8th of the quality that HHN is, haha. All they have is facepaint. No prosthetic. I think they barely even have masks. Not to mention the sets are pure garbage thrown together to look like even more garbage. Why it's so popular, I have no idea. The annoying teenagers everywhere is only a small percentage of the problem. You know those annoying people that WAY overreact to something scary? Imagine EVERYONE doing that. There is no place to walk because people are slamming into you everywhere you go because they're not paying any damn attention and trying to be funny in front of their friends, screaming their heads off. I like Six Flags but only on DOWN TIME where it's practically empty and not so hot so I don't feel like I'm going to die climbing up those MOUNTAINS. Other than that, I hate that place and it's not worth the trip or the expenses to be in a place that has 0 theme (aside from Batman and Terminator).

I like the idea of F13 starting in the woods and then going into a cabin or something. It reminds me of the entrance to the Asylum at Knotts. I think it can be pulled off real well and it'll definitely be something different than what we're used to.

I have not been to Fright Fest but from what i heard from a friend who went last year it's total TRASH! The decorations are sloppy, the scareactors aren't good and the theme...wait is there even a theme? Fright Fest is below knotts. I heard it's like going in the day but you have a special pass to get in the houses. And DTH whats wrong with the teenagers lol. I'm one and im sure you were one at some point lol. I don't mind the restriction limit for pre-adults and up but maybe they should push the age up to 15 or 16 for matured crowds. Back to fright fest the park is overall good to me but not there Halloween event. I think HHN is the only thing hands down that Universal beats any theme park at. Well theres my input :-) back on topic now.

Remember when we were speculating who would be giving out the coupons this year? And we speculated Carls Jr?

Just went to Carls Jr. And they're giving out coupons!

Nothing different from the online, pre sale deals though. Save $25, blah blah blah.

But hopefully they'll have cups soon.

Remember when we were speculating who would be giving out the coupons this year? And we speculated Carls Jr?

Just went to Carls Jr. And they're giving out coupons!

Nothing different from the online, pre sale deals though. Save $25, blah blah blah.

But hopefully they'll have cups soon.

Are they gonna do cups at all? and this will be epic because Carl's Cup are pretty huge!

Well I'm not sure. The little posted sign in the drive thru didn't show any cups on it. So it's possible not. Looked like a basic advertisement with Freddy on the front, HHN "Get up to $25 off on tickets" I should've got a picture but I was moving at the time, haha

Today while driving, I had an amazing idea that would've been an awesome music video/commercial for HHN.

I was listening to "This is Halloween", the Marilyn Manson cover of the Nightmare Before Christmas song and I had a thousand images running through my head.

The lyrics also help out as some of them lend their selves to the Icons being used at HHN this year. For example --

In relation to Spaulding: "I am the clown with the tear away face!" Now, obviously his face doesn't come off but that's besides the point.

In relation to Freddy: "I am the shadow in the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright."

Now this is where the fun is:

It would be a video of the HHN icons roaming Knotts Scary Farm, KILLING ALL THE MONSTERS singing the song while terrorizing them.

The end of the song, all of the HHN icons would align the Calico stage where the Hanging takes place with one of the lead icons for Knotts this year in the gallows, Freddy as the executioner.

Right after the lyric, "in this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song." Freddy would release the lever, and metaphorically hanging Knotts. And the crane shot would pull back as all the icons sing their "lalalalas" to show an audience of all the scareactors at HHN this year, watching and cheering, until pulling back to show all of Knotts decimated in the background, blood and mayhem everywhere. Then tilt up to show the full moon and Happy Halloween splattered/written in blood across it, fading out.

HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS. WHAT FEAR FEARS MOST.

Impossible on many different levels (budget, royalties, etc) but those are some of the ideas that run through my head.