HHN XX Discussion

As fun as it is to invision a all-encompassing scare zone... It wont happen.

You have to allow people to get away. Just because YOU don't want to doesn't mean everyone can handle it as well as you. I know that doesn't sit well with the people who have become so desensitized that someone whould have to actually cut off their arm for them to feel anything.

However, I've seen people terrified of coming out of the bathroom because of the relentless chainsaws outside. It's supposed to be fun AND scary... and to achieve that people have to be able to get away when the reach their limit.

Bottom line is we DO have a HUGE safezone... the entire back half of the park. which is a bit much I think but it is what it is.

I know this has nothing to do with your post...however everytime I see your sig it makes me think of Poveglia Island in Italy...which in turn makes me think that perhaps CBDR is loosely based off of the horrors that went on at this island during the Plague...I'll go back to my observation post now...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I view "Safe-Zones" the same way I view "Smoking-Zones". They should be in several small places of the park and away from everybody else trying to have fun...

I couldn't have said it better myself... ;)

There shouldn't be any safe zones at all, IMO. I realize it may be cost prohibitive to extend scarezones to encompass the entire park, but scareactors should be able to follow you everywhere...even the bathroom, if they're froggy enough. I really mean that.

Back in the early days, you did get followed into the bathroom on occasion, but of course, too much liability for that to continue in this day and age. But I would be totally down with that...even a bathroom break wouldn't be a "break"....LOL

How about just having the lights flicker in the bathroom, then go completely out for a second or two while FEAR's voice plays through speakers?

I'm thinking you've just come across one of the best ideas...ever. LOL

To this day I will never understand why people who are so insanely scared of this event even attend it. If you spend the entire night in safe areas, cowering in houses behind your friends and running through scare zones, why even waste the money on tickets?

I know this has nothing to do with your post...however everytime I see your sig it makes me think of Poveglia Island in Italy...which in turn makes me think that perhaps CBDR is loosely based off of the horrors that went on at this island during the Plague...I'll go back to my observation post now...

hmm... plagued related... ;)

Edited by JWFearman

Very good catch! I've read so much about The Plague, fiction and non, that it all sort of runs together in my memory. I never forget those creepy costumes that they doctors wore, though. That particular time/place was so brutal it gives me chills to remember it. I think my subconsciousness is pumped up on the history of the plague, because thinking about it is seriously disturbing me!

Mae

Dick, on 13 September 2010 - 10:34 AM, said:

How about just having the lights flicker in the bathroom, then go completely out for a second or two while FEAR's voice plays through speakers?

I'm thinking you've just come across one of the best ideas...ever. LOL

To this day I will never understand why people who are so insanely scared of this event even attend it. If you spend the entire night in safe areas, cowering in houses behind your friends and running through scare zones, why even waste the money on tickets?

I completely agree! On both counts!

The bathroom lights is a GREAT idea, but then we have to think about the dolts who brought their infants and whether or not they'll be safe on a diaper changing station, or whatever. It's always something. I do often wish that we'd get at least one weekend without young children. I'd even be happy if it was no one under 12 allowed (not just recommended), as 12 year olds can mostly take care of themselves at a theme park.

Mae

That might be a great way to get intense scares........just buy a Walt Disney World poncho haha, you'll be a huge target!

I believe they do have the different lighting troughout the park, I don't ever remember saying to myself "man I wish it was more halloweenish here" I guess it's one of those little details they do for us that we don't notice but subtly appreciate.

ROFL :lol: I will, watch I will be the guy in the Yellow Mickey Poncho, haha that just made my day

Wow, just imagining this, that would be really cool, I don't know about the lights going out because I wouldnt want to fall or put my feet inside the toilet or something,

but they could dim the lights or just the sounds,

this is what I mean, little things to make the experience better, I never liked how from the simpsons to the kidie zone is all dead, they should do something there

That bathroom idea is EPIC!!!!!! Wishful thinking tho. Imagine walking into the bathroom just as the lights go out. As all the HHN vets know, those br's can be pretty nasty and the floors can be rather slippery. I've heard something about an annual passholders event? Is that where you get a sneak peek at 2 houses in the day? Is it worth it? I've tried to go but i usually get there late and always miss it.

Very good catch! I've read so much about The Plague, fiction and non, that it all sort of runs together in my memory. I never forget those creepy costumes that they doctors wore, though. That particular time/place was so brutal it gives me chills to remember it. I think my subconsciousness is pumped up on the history of the plague, because thinking about it is seriously disturbing me!

Mae

yeah I remember reading how the doctors of the plague would fill the "nose" in the mask with all kinds of herbs, and stuff, so those noses would be filled with bunch ofthings,

Edited by black7mask

yeah I remember reading how the doctors of the plague would fill the "nose" in the mask with all kinds of herbs, and stuff, so those noses would be filled with bunch ofthings,

Yep in order to cover up the smell of decomposition, they filled the beaks with aromatic herbs. The smell of decomposition would be pretty awesome inside the house, no?

Yep in order to cover up the smell of decomposition, they filled the beaks with aromatic herbs. The smell of decomposition would be pretty awesome inside the house, no?

wow! that would be so creepy and awesome, I wonder how would they be able to pull off the smell, maybe they will do this? who knows, but awesome idea

08 had a cameos of mirrors somewhere in every scarezone and haunted house (I think in every house). Well I'm guessing it will be the same thing like in 08, but with fire playing a part in all the scarezones.

Esqueleto Muerte - fire painted on black bases on wooden poles

Coven - burnt wood, witches.... salem witch trials.... burnt at the stake

Saws N' Steam - some sort of fire is sure to be in that zone, and I wouldn't be suprised if fire comes out of the tops of those large set pieces

Zombie Gras - this one's got me puzzled

Fear Revealed - I'm sure it could be in there somewhere, just haven't had an idea of how it could be used

Twenty Years of Fear - looks like it's based off the commercial (and possibly The Hallow'd past). The commercial featured the lantern, there is physical set pieces of the lantern on the trusses, and the concept art/ logo obviously has fire

What do y'all think?

Edited by The Director of Horror

08 had a cameos of mirrors somewhere in every scarezone and haunted house (I think in every house). Well I'm guessing it will be the same thing like in 08, but with fire playing a part in all the scarezones.

Esqueleto Muerte - fire painted on black bases on wooden poles

Coven - burnt wood, witches.... salem witch trials.... burnt at the stake

Saws N' Steam - some sort of fire is sure to be in that zone, and I wouldn't be suprised if fire comes out of the tops of those large set pieces

Zombie Gras - this one's got me puzzled

Fear Revealed - I'm sure it could be in there somewhere, just haven't had an idea of how it could be used

Twenty Years of Fear - looks like it's based off the commercial (and possibly The Hallow'd past). The commercial featured the lantern, there is physical set pieces of the lantern on the trusses, and the concept art/ logo obviously has fire

What do y'all think?

You really had me going there, those first two scarezones DO have a reference to fire. But I kept reading after that point and the other four scarezones don't really relate.

wow! that would be so creepy and awesome, I wonder how would they be able to pull off the smell, maybe they will do this? who knows, but awesome idea

they've done it before in several houses. I remember the smell was so strong in Hell's kitchen it made me gag. there actually is a commercially made product called body bad that a few drops and you'll clear a room for a long time.

I guess most of them could have a relation to fire if you stretch it a little, zombiegeddon could have some fire, I mean zombie movies always have a scene where fire breaks,

the only two that would not apply at all would be Psychoscarepy and LT, also in Mardi Gras, do they use fire in the parades?

I guess most of them could have a relation to fire if you stretch it a little, zombiegeddon could have some fire, I mean zombie movies always have a scene where fire breaks,

the only two that would not apply at all would be Psychoscarepy and LT, also in Mardi Gras, do they use fire in the parades?

u cant say it wont fit they can make tons of fire related rooms in both houses like a scene in LT could be he killed 1 of his victims by burning them alive and in PS every asylum has a morgue cremation anybody lol and as for zombie gras hello fire breathers/eaters lol

u cant say it wont fit they can make tons of fire related rooms in both houses like a scene in LT could be he killed 1 of his victims by burning them alive and in PS every asylum has a morgue cremation anybody lol and as for zombie gras hello fire breathers/eaters lol

oh, you're right, I was just talking in general about how fire would connect, but I guess fire is so basic and principal that it can truly connect to everything

oh, you're right, I was just talking in general about how fire would connect, but I guess fire is so basic and principal that it can truly connect to everything

yup it would be cool if they tie it all with fire the 5 icons are his fire demons the lantern and its crazy fire outbursts it could work

I personally think this whole fire thing is starting to get a little blown out of proportion. There is usually always fire somewhere whether it was at Island Under Seige, Fright Yard, Terra Throne, random fire shooting out of the water and last year i think they had it in the zombie war scarezone. Only thing different is it will be used in a house this year.

Yes, they do...

191.jpg

New Orleans...... Flambeaux originated a century and a half ago to light the floats in night parades. Indeed, the first Flambeaux carriers were slaves and free men of color, that held lights which lit the way for the floats and night parades before there were electric streetlamps able to gather light in such focus that it would enable crowds on the routes to adequately see the style and fancy, of the parades.

The antics of these "carriers", were held in such regard that people would throw coins to them as a gesture of thanks for the laughter in the function in which they served. The coins are usually in the amounts of 25 or 50, cents and one dollar.

Flambeaux (that's the plural; the singular is flambeau) are burning torches carried in night parades by white-robed figures known for their uninhibited twirling, general clowning around and prancing They usually are made of torches mounted on wooden poles, although railroad flares sometimes are used. They are backed with sheets of aluminum to reflex the light given off by the torch. They are usually powered by kerosene, but some have used oil, and propane.

Some of the big parades, notably Endymion, have gone one better and come up with space-age neon "flambeaux." They look great, but they somehow just aren't the same as the real thing.

The torch bearers were originally slaves of the wealthy owners who were able to finance any parades that the town held. Free men of color, mostly Creoles, came into the game after the civil war, when, holding slaves became unlawful. Nowadays, most floats at night are all self-lighted, and the flambeaux carriers that survive are more fun, than functional. It has become controversial to carry the torches these days in New Orleans. Each year the once favored tradition is set upon by those who want it to go away, because of its heritage and the deeper meaning held by those who understand the long history from the African-American side. Soon this tradition, right or wrong, will leave us.

You'll see some parade-watchers, throwing coins to the carriers, rewarding them for their gyrations. This tradition of throwing quarters, dates back to when the only compensation for the task was thrown by the crowds in appreciation, not only for the light that they provided, but the show some would put on to keep the parade interesting. Don't be afraid to talk to the carriers. They can give you some interesting conversation.

Traditionally, flambeaux carriers have been African American men, who line up at dawn in hopes of being selected for the honor. Even some of this element has been removed, because the leaders have their favorites.

(From Mardi Gras Digest)

Mae

It's really funny how practically all of us who have gone through our rehersals have suddenly gone quiet on this thread again. Let me just say, there's good reason, and you really should equate that to a very good thing. I know I'm not the only one giddy as fu** right now.

wink.gif