HHN 2010: Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (HOH)

djevilclown

Average guests actually find it to be one of the best mazes. And I imagine it's for a few reasons:

Honestly, it looks amazing compared to the other ones because it's been built there to stay there instead of something that can be taken down soon if it has to so the sets for them seem amazing including the fact that it's two stories & very long.

The scares are aggressive and it's not so "pop out of something, cue strobe light and reset." There's roaming and set scares which is a huge plus in my eyes.

There's no narrative to uphold. It's like the dumb Michael Bay movie. Sometimes you just don't wanna think about what's going on and just get scared without worrying about the story of the maze. To some people, the other mazes may be some Aronofsky type shit for them to try and comprehend fully if they haven't seen the movies.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went through it last week and my friend said "You know, I never feel like going through this one but when I do, I remember how fun it actually is". So there's that, for what it's worth. It's not a "bad" maze at all. I rather enjoy it during the rest of the year. It's just so familiar by now. And when they try to advertise it as something other than what it is for HHN, it's kind of a cheat.

i liked this maze but it was basically HOH with some lighting changes and character changes. still good though.

The actors in there were REALLY good. not alot to say about this maze but we were evactuated half way through the 2nd time cause this douche in front of us was harassing one of the girls. im guessing he was her ex or something cause i could tell they knew each other. but it got to the point where she said " keep effing moving and get the eff out of my face! " to him. and then when we were evacuated they met up at the bottom of the stairs where everybody made their way to the general exit and the cast made their way to their exit and he started harassing her again. i really hope he got kicked out.

Overall Rating: 8/10 since i havnt actually experienced HOH last time i was at Universal it was Van Helsing which i went through.

Times Visited: 1.5

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Did anybody else know that this house was originally going in the Shrek Queue area for 2010? It was going to be a completely original, built from scratch maze! I think it would have been great if they hadn't decided to bring back Freddy and Jason.

John Murdy himself! He said it in a podcast let me see if I can find the link...

Edit: http://hhnaddict.com/hhncreators/johnmurd/

Found it, go to the 6th episode, on the left side. Go to about 2 minutes in for info on the ORIGINAL Vampyre: Castle of the Undead in the Shrek Queue. He gets sidetracked right after but then he goes into more detail, listen to the rest of the podcast. He even says he would like to revisit the maze, and even says he has more original mazes waiting in the shadows. :)

He also says somewhere in the podcast, the beginning I think, that he would want to do The Director again as an Icon, but he's not really a fan of Icons. :(

Edited by Hauntfan