HHN 2010: Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (HOH)

djevilclown

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HorrorNights

New Maze Announcement! "Vampyre: Castle of the Undead" it's based on an original concept http://bit.ly/bmeIH8

i like the concept its a pretty cool idea

Ah, so Hollywood is getting the badass vampire house this year. Sigh. Lucky.

If it's half as good as Castle Vampyr was back in 2004, you are in for a real treat.

Mae

now their ripping off orlando in subtle ways this year,

La Llorona = Bloody Mary i saw the auditions on a spanish news channel last nite and it had a poster of La Llorona. looks just like BM

Vampyre: Castle of the Undead = Castle Vampyre/Dracula: Legacy of Blood

Klownz = Jack and Eddie, but without Jack and Eddie.

im not saying its gonna be a terrible year but at least we're getting some orlando concepts :)

...I'm not all that excited for this one. I guess it makes sense since vampires are "in," but vampires just don't scare me. Of course this maze will scare me due to scareactors popping out, but other than that, I can't see anything else about them scaring me.

Their face most likely won't scare me, their costume most likely won't scare me, hissing won't scare me, and if they glitter, I'm walking right out of the maze. :lol:

(Of course they won't sparkle, just making fun of Stephanie Meyer's bastardization of vampires.) I like vampires, but I've never actually found them to be scary.

Mr. Murdy, work your magic..

i dont care if its orlando concept or original... all i know is Murdy puts his crazy spin on everything and it always turns out amazing. i beg to differ on the bm = Llorona, they are completely two different urban legends. one is the crying women that killed her family and the other is in a mirror that doesnt do anything until her names chanted, buy my idea of both of them they might look similar theirs not that many ways to make them look different... lets face the fact HHNO has been here for 20 years HHNH only 5 so that means that they have done 3 times more ideas and mazes than us. so of course it would seem that HHNH would be copying someone else but in reality Murdy isnt copying, this is Murdys 5th year running it and its my 5th attending it and i havent been let down one bit, just saying.

Ah, so Hollywood is getting the badass vampire house this year. Sigh. Lucky.

If it's half as good as Castle Vampyr was back in 2004, you are in for a real treat.

Mae

An actually good vampire maze? :blink: THERE IS HOPE! :lol:

...I'm not all that excited for this one. I guess it makes sense since vampires are "in," but vampires just don't scare me. Of course this maze will scare me due to scareactors popping out, but other than that, I can't see anything else about them scaring me.

Their face most likely won't scare me, their costume most likely won't scare me, hissing won't scare me, and if they glitter, I'm walking right out of the maze. :lol:

(Of course they won't sparkle, just making fun of Stephanie Meyer's bastardization of vampires.) I like vampires, but I've never actually found them to be scary.

Mr. Murdy, work your magic..

LOL I was thinking the same thing.....If I see glitter there will be HELL TO PAY!!!

An actually good vampire maze? :blink: THERE IS HOPE! :lol:

CV was AMAZING. Plus, we had Demon Cantina the next year and that was one Helluva house, too.

Never count on the vampires not being scary. I'm a serious vampire fan and hadn't been scared by them in years. Castle Vampyr and last year's Dracula: Legacy in Blood both had me screaming at top volume. If anyone can scare you with vampires, it will be Universal.

Mae

CV was AMAZING. Plus, we had Demon Cantina the next year and that was one Helluva house, too.

Never count on the vampires not being scary. I'm a serious vampire fan and hadn't been scared by them in years. Castle Vampyr and last year's Dracula: Legacy in Blood both had me screaming at top volume. If anyone can scare you with vampires, it will be Universal.

Mae

Certainly, it won't be Stephanie Myers! :P

Considering this going to be in the HoH building, don't count on anything near the quality of Castle Vampyr...or Demon Cantina...or Legacy of Blood...

Universal has consistently failed to "plus" that attraction for HHN.

I've been doing both coasts since 2004.

Edited by zombieman

Seriously, what's with the "y" crap. That instantly makes me not like it, lmao. Just call it flippin VAMPIRE.

Anywho, gotta agree with the few not excited for this. It does sound like he's going to be overhauling it a bit more than the previous years though.

I'm with Anu, vampires don't scare me. The only time vampires worked for me was Club Blood last year at Knotts (for some reason, the previous years of that maze just didn't work, haha).

I don't mind if they throw in a glittering vampire... as long as it gets it's fuckin HEAD RIPPED OFF in the most gruesome way possible and fed to vampire children.

Few small rants:

Had an eerie feeling our "original" maze would be shoved into the HOH. That doesn't do "original" justice for me.

However, I am happy we'll be getting 3 more FULL movie property mazes instead of something like Wolfman being pushed into the HOH, getting shafted (actually, I probably wouldn't have minded that)

This really does sound like something I could just skip and not feel worried about if I have to crunch for time by showing up late or something. I said that about HOTC but I'm more excited for HOTC than this.

It's kinda sad when 5 short weeks away and the most exciting thing we've heard about our event is the world's smallest scarezone being occupied by an old Mexican folk tale. (oh sorry, AND Terror Tram).

who said this had anything to do with Twilight Vampires? were basicly borrowing a maze from Orlando yeah it sucks it going into HOH but the Vampyre theme was created by Orlando years ago way before the Twilight fad poped up so I dont know why everyones thinking its the sparkley type of vampires

Edited by Grindhousehero13

who said this had anything to do with Twilight Vampires? were basicly borrowing a maze from Orlando yeah it sucks it going into HOH but the Vampyre theme was created by Orlando years ago way before the Twilight fad poped up so I dont know know why everyones thinking its the sparkley type of vampires

exactly! i dont see why everyone is saying that either!

universal would not put sparkly vampires in a maze lol

I don't mind if they throw in a glittering vampire... as long as it gets it's fuckin HEAD RIPPED OFF in the most gruesome way possible and fed to vampire children.

this is whats gonna determine if we get original Mazes in the future if everybody hates this oops looks like movier base houses for ever look we dont even know hos its gonna turn yet so no need to be hateing it already

... nobody said there were going to be sparkly vampires... what ARE you guys talking about? lol

i was talking about the FB page lol everybody for some reason is talking about sparkly vampires :P

i dont know if its a joke or if i just missed it or what cause i just kinda skimmed through stuff on there lol

Grindhouse, I disagree. The House of Horrors is in no way a good representation of what I'm sure Murdy could do with a new maze space for original work. Unless that House of Horrors is made up completely from top to bottom (which I hope it is but feel it won't), it'll look exactly the same and the GP will be confused on what the maze even is (apparently, there's still lots of folks who don't grab maps or even bother to read the names of mazes. Weird... but true).

But I'm just saying, throw a glittering vampire in there getting killed and you'll have horror fans everywhere screaming with joy!

Edited by DTH316