HHN 2010: Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (HOH)

djevilclown

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Halloween blues and Grindhouse i agree with you guys 150%. We should all be thankful Murdy considered bringing an original idea whether it have it own maze or HoH. The house facade could fit perfectly except the mummy,chucky etc. would need reconstruction for this maze. This is where originality starts to take more place at HHN and depending on the GP and fans reaction will DETERMINE if we keep this trend going or not. So if we don't want movie based houses for the rest of time lets all give a good review whether we like it or not lol!!! Can someone post a link of a video or something to Orlando's version of the maze. I'm not gonna judge this maze regardless until i personally experienced it myself.

We might not get a full on original event until we get a new creative director

I'm not asking for a full fledged original event. I still enjoy the movie based icons presence at HHN. I would just like to see the creative side of originality with Murdy and his team. We don't need a new creative director for that do we lol

I was just saying Murdy might not do an original event Because of his love for horror films, like me lol

But will it get to the point of continually reusing HHN icons so that we see this horror movie love? Originality wouldn't hurt the park. I love horror icons just as much as everyone else but when they start to reuse them is what pisses me off.

I don't think it matters one way or another. I just see this as a stepping stone for people to see that yes, in the future, there will be original mazes whether you like it or not. Maybe not as straight forward in that line of thinking but I mean, they're Universal and I think they're going to do it anyway lol

I don't think it matters one way or another. I just see this as a stepping stone for people to see that yes, in the future, there will be original mazes whether you like it or not. Maybe not as straight forward in that line of thinking but I mean, they're Universal and I think they're going to do it anyway lol

Well Murdy did say on Twitter that he has several ideas for original concepts and there's one he wants to use next outside of House of Horrors. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

Well Murdy did say on Twitter that he has several ideas for original concepts and there's one he wants to use next outside of House of Horrors. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes! That's more reassuring reading that. But like DTH said "they're Universal and I think they're going to do it anyway" as you can see by this years event.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool beans! I'm glad to see them hyping the maze up with a cool backstory to compliment the maze. I hope they put things in there like pictures of old Uncle Henric or details that will tell you that you are inside of a castle and not just vampires shoe-horned in there. Looking at that promotional video, I can't wait to see what the overlay will be like!

Well, to be fair, it wasn't colored in, there was zero action, the dialogue was very bland (not like I expected it to be amazing or anything for a comic book), not much mythology built up in those few minutes and I didn't care about anything that was going on to even be enticed to see what happens next.

Well its defense it was only PART 1 of the comic, the prologue if you will. Of course its not gonna be all action, it's gotta have its own little buildup before the main body of the story. As for the art, it wasn't too bad... and it was colored in for the characters, just not in a way that would probably make you happy.. which would be what.... vivid colors? I like the dull color scheme of the comic and at least they actually put their time and effort into actually MAKING a backstory to a maze.

Personally, I'd like to see this sort of thing in the coming years for original mazes.