HHN 2010: Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (HOH)

djevilclown

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on the corner of the cover picture it says 4.99 so I'm assuming that's the going price of this thing. While the artist is probably ten times better than me, I really wouldn't pay for that level of craftsmanship. I've gotten free comics that had better art then this, so I don't know why Universal couldn't fork out a few extra bucks to get a more professional artist.

Some celebs apparently. This was posted by the HHNH FB page today:

"Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood (Official) Collectors’ edition copies of the new graphic novella, “Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (Blood Secrets of the Iron Guard),” will be personally signed by the artist and presented, FREE, to the first 500 persons checking in at the Celebrity Terror Table at Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights on Saturday, September 25. ...Artist Patrick Ian Moore will sign autographs from 8:00pm -10:00pm at the event.

The new graphic novella – the first to be inspired by a Halloween theme park maze — will also be serialized on the official Halloween Horror Nights website.

“Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (Blood Secrets of the Iron Guard),” tells a modern tale of the vampires of Wallachia, Romania, the medieval realm of Vlad the Impaler, who inspired the 19th century Dracula legend. With drawings and design by Moore, the book was based on the new “Vampyre: Castle of the Undead” maze developed by “Halloween Horror Nights” Creative Director John Murdy.

Patrick Ian Moore is a Hollywood-based cartoonist, painter, actor, and performance artist whose cartoons and illustrations have been published in magazines, fanzines, books and alternative newspapers and whose paintings have been exhibited in Southern California galleries."

Booo I'm not going on the 25th >:/

And the white sheets don't look tacky?

This is the most excited I've been for an overlay.

I knew Chucky wouldn't be much but dolls inserted but if this really does have things changed up a bit, then I am excited.

And why even bother hiding away the maze? It should just run all day in it's HHN form but just with a smaller staff

It's still a scare attraction and would be less of a hassle.

I'm actually excited for this maze! Not because I'm perverted like you guys are ;) but because of how they're going to pull this off.

Hey I never said me being perverted was the only reason I was looking forward to this maze haha. I am also wondering how much it will be changed and how they will hide things like the mother figure and the like.

I found this on Twitter: HHN TRIVIA: In Vampyre, many of the props in that attraction are from the film Van Helsing. Director Steven Sommers gave them to us yrs ago. Is he talking about last-second props for the maze (which I doubt but would be great) or just the already-installed props in the House of Horrors?