HHN Hollywood 2010 Construction Updates

... how do you not know how to use a website? lol

honestly thats what im saying! haha

not so much i dont know how to use it but i cant figure out where anything is!

haha im like suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper good with computers and programs and websites and stuff like that but for some reason when i go on this site i get completely lost ha

i dont know where to find any of the HHN stuff all i see is disneyland and SOME universal stuff

other than that...

im lost

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Westcoaster doesn't focus on Universal all that much in the first place. Once Uni starts street construction, we'll probably see more HHN-related content. For now it's... weekly progress of Little Mermaid and Carsland at DCA and little random things at Knott's like some haunt progress, the repainting of Xcellerator and those markings scattered about the park.

basicly. we got an extra maze this year so we dont know where that is located yet but for the most part they are all under tents

that just doesn't seem to exciting, nor does it seem to leave much room for size. and then it makes me think about how difficult it would be to set up sounds/lighting.

do the mazes tend to just go from left to right etc...?

that just doesn't seem to exciting, nor does it seem to leave much room for size. and then it makes me think about how difficult it would be to set up sounds/lighting.

do the mazes tend to just go from left to right etc...?

Honestly, who is really looking @ the ceiling while walking thru a house? And it doesnt affect sound & lighting at all.

Honestly, who is really looking @ the ceiling while walking thru a house? And it doesnt affect sound & lighting at all.

Well thats good to know. I do look at the ceiling, because in our houses we have scenes that the ceilings have things to look at, or many times when there are things placed very high.

Though i dont doubt hollywoods ability to be creative in such small areas, you'd think though they'd want to find larger places for some houses.

Well thats good to know. I do look at the ceiling, because in our houses we have scenes that the ceilings have things to look at, or many times when there are things placed very high.

Though i dont doubt hollywoods ability to be creative in such small areas, you'd think though they'd want to find larger places for some houses.

People have been asking the creative director if it's possible for a maze to be on one of the soundstages for a while now, but they keep getting the same "It's not in the cards" response from him. It can be because Universal Hollywood's soundstages are always in use at some point or another during the year.. but the old Phantom of the Opera soundstage seems to be rarely used. I don't see why they can't ever use that one. It's spacious for one.. hell, even two mazes like how Orlando squeezes two mazes into SS23 (that was where Frankenstein/Dracula were last year, right?). It's not like if they can't make access paths to either side. Oh well..

But some mazes do seem a little long as they are because of twisting around and around so they make due with what little space given.

Honestly though the mazes are "REALY" good quality for bing under tents and I have looked up in some of the mazes and they do use stuff so you cant tell the roof is a tent or the'll put a roof over the room, in halloween there was a roof over your head when in the asylum or in the house same for TCM, and they tend use a night sky effect for outdoor scenes like in F13 and My blooody valentine, and that maze there was roofs also like in the mine so its not like because there not in SS they are "that" limited.

Edited by Grindhousehero13

Honestly though the mazes are "REALY" good quality for bing under tents and I have looked up in some of the mazes and they do use stuff so you cant tell the roof is a tens or the'll put a roof over the room, in halloween there was a roof over your head when in the asylum or in the house same for TCM, and they tend use a night sky effect for outdoor scenes like in F13 and My blooody valentine, and that maze there was roofs also like in the mine so its not like because there not in SS they are "that" limited.

That good to hear. A&d are very creative and certainly make the best of what they have. I could only imagine the quality going up having the use of soundstages.

Not from the pic but from overhead views and from remembering what it was like watching the show when it was still around that it wasn't the biggest area for the cowboys to play in and taking into consideration that the entire queue is where people used to sit.

Alright guys, hang tight. I'll probably have the construction photos ready in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here they are:

Shrek queue:

P1170067.jpg

P1170068.jpg

P1170066.jpg

Lower Lot area:

P1170064.jpg

P1170063.jpg

P1170060.jpg

Terminator queue: (Nothing going on. I'm pretty sure that green wall has been there since day one.)

P1170056.jpg

Edited by Freakazoid

hmmmmm Shrek seems interesting I wonder what it could be? maybe wolfman but IDK

Good Work Freak

It could very well be the tavern from the movie. That was the facade for the maze in Orlando....and thanks Grindhouse.

Wild West area: (Notice the note on the crate reads, "Foam Mine shaft")

P1170046.jpg

P1170047.jpg

P1170048.jpg

P1170049.jpg

Notice the rockwork.

That's all I have!

this has to mean its not Friday the 13 right?

I would assume so. I don't know about Jeepers Creepers. Didn't Murdy say that the maze in the WWW arena is an outside studio property?

EDIT: Oops. I forgot this is a construction thread. I think the mods would prefer we take speculation to the spec. thread. Just f.y.i.

Edited by Freakazoid

It could very well be the tavern from the movie. That was the facade for the maze in Orlando....and thanks Grindhouse.

Wild West area: (Notice the note on the crate reads, "Foam Mine shaft")

P1170046.jpg

P1170047.jpg

P1170048.jpg

P1170049.jpg

Notice the rockwork.

That's all I have!

They're probaly re using mbv walls