HHN Hollywood 2010 Construction Updates

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. My. word. I just went to Universal today and checked to see if there was any construction going on and GUESS WHAT I SAW!!!! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!! :D

nothing.

That's what they WANT you to think. The work is so subtle, you can't even see it.

my guess is the lower lot and shrek veneu since those were the first ones last to be seen under construction and if you cant make it out to the park just keep checking west coaster

The mazes which are currently under construction are on the Lower Lot (Saw: Game Over[Last Year]) and the Wild Wild West Stunt Show Area (Halloween: The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers[Last Year]). I'm also going to probably speculate that since this year we are having 5 mazes [Last Year Only 4], the 5th maze possibly has a chance of being built OFF SITE, leaving the 5th maze location a mystery until maybe August or September when it is RE-BUILT on Universal grounds.

Dont they build all mazes off site?

No, only a select few. lol Yesterday i went to universal and i was only able to find one are of on-site construction so far; which was on the lower lot [Last Year Saw: Game over].

Construction so far, July,12,2010; =] Enjoy.

Lower Lot

[Where Saw: Game Over was at last year]

2010-07-12100952.jpg

2010-07-12103708.jpg

2010-07-12101521.jpg

2010-07-12101552.jpg

Wild Wild West Stunt Show Area (I was kind of surprised that no construction has taken place here yet cause John Murdy said it was, oh well, lol.

[Where My Bloody Valentine: Be Mine Forever was at last year]

2010-07-12104446.jpg

As for the Shrek 3-d Que, no construction has started, and i tried my hardest to find that 5th maze location, but was unable.

I'm still trying to guess what that Lower Lot maze could be. lol Hmmmmm(Thinking) :huh:

Construction so far, July,12,2010; =]

2010-07-12101552.jpg

I'm still trying to guess what that Lower Lot maze could be. lol Hmmmmm(Thinking) :huh:

Hmmmm. Resident Evil anyone? :D

Btw, you realize the WW arena was Halloween right? MBV was in the Shrek venue. Thanks for the photos! They've really got me excited!!

I went to universals on Monday July 12th,2010 and noticed some interesting things once again on the " War of the worlds" set and in Whoville. Starting off in Whoville i noticed in the beginning as you are turning the corner to enter Whoville theres a wooden fence thats like a maze but only like 15ft long (its hard to explain, you have to see that for yourself.) Also in the War of the worlds Set behind the Psycho house there is a long wood fence wall going around The war of the worlds set, and almost like another clear new path that leads around to the back of war the worlds set and the entering back into it where the airplane is.( Again, difficult to explain.) Finally, where the Jurassic park set is theres is more wood but almost as if it where set up for a trail. Now Murdy told me they always start prelimenary work first for terror tram and then said the wood might be for the production across in falls lake. BUT.... i noticed that there was hardly no wood used in the set across in falls lake, seeing that it is basicaly finished. Im not saying these sights are exactly where the new extension for Terror tram will be... but there's a possibilty. ;) One more thing, i did see the carriages/wagons used for the Freaks scarezone last year under a tent near the Prop warehouse while on the tram ride. (Maybe being used for "The wolfman" maze since universal tends to re-use props for their attractions.

Edited by horrorfreak100

...I did see the carriages used for the Freaks scarezone last year under a tent near the Prop warehouse while on the tram ride. (Maybe being used for "The wolfman" maze since universal tends to re-use props for their attractions.

:o I hope so! I would really like to see a WM maze! By the way, back in the Vault days, you said that when you talked to Murdy, he would show up this year correct? Maybe they're going to use it on the Terror Tram but I sincerely hope they have a maze planned out for him!

:o I hope so! I would really like to see a WM maze! By the way, back in the Vault days, you said that when you talked to Murdy, he would show up this year correct? Maybe they're going to use it on the Terror Tram but I sincerely hope they have a maze planned out for him!

Yeah,Thats what he said. I met Murdy I asked him " So is wolfman coming to hhn? i hope so." Murdy replied " Yeah (paused).....Well I'm sure wolfman will be part of hhn some way or another." :D Im going again Friday to universals, so Hopefully i can take my time and check everything out.

Btw, you realize the WW arena was Halloween right? MBV was in the Shrek venue. Thanks for the photos! They've really got me excited!!

Yea.lol my bad, i wasn't paying attention when i was writing it, my mistake. thanks for pointing it out though. =]

Murdy confirmed on twitter that he has no idea where the resident evil rumors came from, so no resident evil this year :\ he did say that he got the rights to a property that isnt universal though didnt he? i wonder what it might be. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...