Photography

Michele

Some of my favorite pictures I've taken.

hm.jpg

mk30.jpg

mk43.jpg

dak26.jpg

dak35.jpg

dak20.jpg

epcot6-1.jpg

I had just started out with a DSLR around the time HHN started this year, so I sadly wasn't the best then. But I'm looking forward to next year. I got most of my good shots in RHPS, probably because I practiced most there. :)

edit86.jpg

edit47.jpg

skoolhouse.jpg

Please share your favorites as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is, Wow!!! Those are really amazing photos you got there! I am really not much a professional photographer, I'm just a photographer who happens to get lucky shots that turn out to be good. But really, those shots are amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

I just started using a DSLR during HHN last year, but since I haven't had a job since, oh, September, I've had plenty of time to practice. Practice definitely helps. I got Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom 2 for Christmas, and they have really helped the pictures look better after processing. I'm still getting all my network set up, but I'll share some more pictures later.

Thank you!

I just started using a DSLR during HHN last year, but since I haven't had a job since, oh, September, I've had plenty of time to practice. Practice definitely helps. I got Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom 2 for Christmas, and they have really helped the pictures look better after processing. I'm still getting all my network set up, but I'll share some more pictures later.

Awesome, always love to see your pictures. I can't wait to get my DSLR. Make sure you take pictures of the snow, when/if it snows there. I'm sure you can get some pretty landscape shots.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon I have the money, I'm going to buy a new camera. I'm undecided as to which one I'll get so far. The biggest factor to me is noise reduction at higher ISOs because most of the shots I take are in low light, and I try to avoid using a flash. The Nikon D3 is the top camera for what I'm looking for, but with accessories and such, that would be around $6000! I'm still trying to find a middle ground.

Thoughts?

As soon I have the money, I'm going to buy a new camera. I'm undecided as to which one I'll get so far. The biggest factor to me is noise reduction at higher ISOs because most of the shots I take are in low light, and I try to avoid using a flash. The Nikon D3 is the top camera for what I'm looking for, but with accessories and such, that would be around $6000! I'm still trying to find a middle ground.

Thoughts?

I'm looking at the Canon 50D or the Nikon D90 still. Then I'll add accessories to that, it is all about the lens though.. the better the glass the better shot you will get.

This is where I go for all my Digital Camera reviews: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraList.php. Just click on the boxed "R" and it gives you a pretty detailed review. They haven't reviewed the 50D yet, but promise it by the end of January. All the top Nikon's have been reviewed though.

They even have decent forums if you need to ask any advice.

• 1 month later...

I got back from LA/Anaheim on Saturday. I have the quick and dirty processing done on most of my pictures so far -

Universal -

edit22.jpg

edit20.jpg

edit48.jpg

edit8-1.jpg

edit9-1.jpg

Disney -

edit72.jpg

edit17.jpg

LA -

edit10.jpg

I'm going to really work with the RAW images and try to get the shots as nice as I can. I rented a very nice lens for my trip. It gave me a lot of great shots and weighs probably two pounds more than my normal lens.

Here's my photobucket with all the pictures I have so far with just very minimal editing -

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt146/m...ifornia%202009/

All of the pictures are in subalbums, and there are A LOT.

Edited by Michele

Thanks. :)

I love Fred Segal, and I wanted to stop and look, but I was in one of the open air bus tours so I didn't actually get to shop anywhere. That might be a good thing since I'm unemployed, though. :lol:

It seems like more and more people are going with Nikons. I think you'll like D90. My aunt has that one, and she think it does well. I decided to open back up my ebay store just long enough to save up the money to buy the D3. I hate ebay with a passion, but I'll deal with it to get the camera. I'm just hoping I get enough by the start of HHN. Then I'll probably have to keep it open to buy the lens. LOL! I also plan to buy my camera on ebay with one of the 25% off coupons that I get. If you have any ebay account that is fairly active, you might keep an eye out. If you buy from someone with a great feedback record, you can get an awesome deal.

It seems like more and more people are going with Nikons. I think you'll like D90. My aunt has that one, and she think it does well. I decided to open back up my ebay store just long enough to save up the money to buy the D3. I hate ebay with a passion, but I'll deal with it to get the camera. I'm just hoping I get enough by the start of HHN. Then I'll probably have to keep it open to buy the lens. LOL! I also plan to buy my camera on ebay with one of the 25% off coupons that I get. If you have any ebay account that is fairly active, you might keep an eye out. If you buy from someone with a great feedback record, you can get an awesome deal.

I was comparing cameras earlier with all the ones talked about between here and the vault (DX3, D90, 5DMKII, 40D 50D). I saw that Suike suggested the Canon 5DMKII to you.. so I went to DXOMark and did some research. Have you considered the Nikon D700? Great reviews and REAL close to the D3, with a little better Low-Light ISO setting and about 2K less.

HERE is a link to the comparison between the D3, D700 and 5DMKII.. as you can see the D700 is right there with the D3, and well.. Canon is a little behind, also the D700 being the cheaper of the 3.

Here is a review of the D700. The D3 and 5DMKII don't have a review.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/nikon/d700-review/

Just wanted to throw this out there for you. Both are out of my price range, so I'll stick to the D90 for my first SLR.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...