Save the HHN Wikipedia Page

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a Wikipedia page, so it really doesn't bother me. Besides we can make our own HHN wiki on here if we really wanted to.

Watch. In the future HHN will NO LONGER EXIST. I can feel it in my gut, but mostly it's what my mental illness tells me...

Tell the voices to stop talking or you'll poke them with a q-tip.

Mae

I don't think that would accomplish what we want. The page would just be deleted again for the same reasons it was before.

The solution is to recreate the page using Wikipedia's standards for a page, i.e. using independent sources to reference everything.

I don't think that would accomplish what we want. The page would just be deleted again for the same reasons it was before.

The solution is to recreate the page using Wikipedia's standards for a page, i.e. using independent sources to reference everything.

Agreed. I think we should keep this topic open and use it as an easier way to collaborate on gathering sources and formatting the page before we put it back up.

It's deleted, so... we can't do anything about it now.

Wiki can be edited by anyone -- that includes creating pages. He'd probably just delete it again, possibly even ban you for creating the page more than once, but needless to say, there's enough HHN fans online to drive this guy up the wall and eventually make him give up. So have at it. :)

Edited by Nightshade

I can't even come close to describing how pissed off I am right now. If you look at half of the pages on Wikipedia regarding Halloween events, there are no sources. I want to know what makes Halloween Horror Nights the target of this guy's arrogance. I've looked under Wikipedia's "Contact Us" info, but it would appear that Moderators are free to do whatever the hell they want. I'm not even sure if I should be in this thread anymore, my post probably belongs in the "venting thread." Haha.

Edited by ohaaron

If we spent half the time attempting to find a cure for cancer and help for world then we do on the validity of a Wikipedia article, we would all be on the cover of a Forbes Magazine. Relax guys, it's just a wiki article, it'll be back. Worse case scenario, they will just make another one.

Tried to go onto the HHN Orlando Wikipedia site and it says it has been deleted at 9:18 pm tonight.

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

* 09:18, 23 June 2010 Shimeru (talk | contribs) deleted "Halloween Horror Nights (Orlando)" ‎ (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood))

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_Horror_Nights_(Orlando)

Edited by fireman617

As I discovered, pointing out the inconsistency of their deletions is useless. They have a policy of ignoring any mentions of contradictions in their policy because to them, all that matters is what's right in front of them. Kind of like how a baby doesn't think that something exists unless it's right in front of it.

However, I fully support remaking the page. If we get enough sources, he'll lose any argument over whether or not it should be deleted. He may have more power, but we have the power to fuck with him.

Edited by Cody

I protested on Wikipedia and was SO pissed to come online this morning and find it deleted! I REALLY want to complain about that moderator who obviously didn't listen to a word we said - it's not just a LOCAL event - if you want the video on the HHN Web site you can see people who flew from Europe to come to the event! Ridiculous! Not to mention that it really is the largest Halloween event from the theme parks. I know about Cedar Point's halloween festivities and I don't live anywhere near Ohio. Of COURSE it's of National Significance!

UGH. So pissed! Could someone who turned it into a word document send it to me? I made the argument that this information and history wasn't available online anymore thanks to the disappearance of the Vault. I, for one, love reading back in the histories. Would love a copy, and I really think we need to stick it to this moderator by making a new page that's even better than the last.

I protested on Wikipedia and was SO pissed to come online this morning and find it deleted! I REALLY want to complain about that moderator who obviously didn't listen to a word we said - it's not just a LOCAL event - if you want the video on the HHN Web site you can see people who flew from Europe to come to the event! Ridiculous! Not to mention that it really is the largest Halloween event from the theme parks. I know about Cedar Point's halloween festivities and I don't live anywhere near Ohio. Of COURSE it's of National Significance!

UGH. So pissed! Could someone who turned it into a word document send it to me? I made the argument that this information and history wasn't available online anymore thanks to the disappearance of the Vault. I, for one, love reading back in the histories. Would love a copy, and I really think we need to stick it to this moderator by making a new page that's even better than the last.

I can send a copy your way! is it possible to attach files to posts here?

Anybody who wants a copy of the Wikipedia page can follow this link to a google doc I made: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AaP77cCB9RUMZGM0Y2JqemtfMzhnNnd2Ymtjag&hl=en I won't be taking it down, so feel free to use it at your convenience. It will allow you to save the page if you wish. Also, HHNRUMORS archived the information (not the forums) on the vault if you're interested: http://hhnrumors.com/vault/news/index.html

Edited by ohaaron

Unfortunately, complaining does nothing. There's over 1000 moderators, a good number of whom are either using their power for personal reasons or obsessively following rules to the letter without any flexibility for logic and reason, like Robocop, but more of a dick. Complaints will not be heard. Hell, there's always a chance that a mod will block your account if you complain too much.

Wiki can be edited by anyone -- that includes creating pages. He'd probably just delete it again, possibly even ban you for creating the page more than once, but needless to say, there's enough HHN fans online to drive this guy up the wall and eventually make him give up. So have at it. :)

Likes this.

THIS IS COMPLETE BULLS--- sorry for my language but seriously its bad enough for them to delete both pages but they have also humiliated HHN by making a new page compacted into both parks with absolutely NO useful information on it F---, excuse my language again its just so aggrivating, I hate them

Edited by baraka564

Unfortunately, complaining does nothing. There's over 1000 moderators, a good number of whom are either using their power for personal reasons or obsessively following rules to the letter without any flexibility for logic and reason, like Robocop, but more of a dick. Complaints will not be heard. Hell, there's always a chance that a mod will block your account if you complain too much.

I only created an account in order to post in protest of the deletion, so that wouldn't really effect me, but I get your point. Such a shame that its being run by people with no sense.

THIS IS COMPLETE BULLS--- sorry for my language but seriously its bad enough for them to delete both pages but they have also humiliated HHN by making a new page compacted into both parks with absolutely NO useful information on it F---, excuse my language again its just so aggrivating, I hate them

It's the internet. You can swear, don't worry.

This totally blows. Why is it that HHN has more draw and yet Howl-O-Scream is the one that stays up?