HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other maze predictions?

My guess is Hills Have Eyes.

Haven't heard anyone say anything about it in awhile.

Plus he said he's looked into it before.

And there may be a possible theme here... groups of killers instead of one slasher.

Just thinking outloud!

And because it was next to HOTC in my DVD collection in the horror section lol

Any other maze predictions?

My guess is Hills Have Eyes.

Haven't heard anyone say anything about it in awhile.

Plus he said he's looked into it before.

And there may be a possible theme here... groups of killers instead of one slasher.

Just thinking outloud!

And because it was next to HOTC in my DVD collection in the horror section lol

The Hills Have Eyes would work really well in certain areas of the Terror Tram, like that area where you climb up the hill and it's all bushy.

IDK THHE isn't really all that new unless they are making a remake i am unaware of but even then it is a long shot i don't think Uni would use it IMO i just have a gut feeling that unless there is a sequel or remake we won't see a THHE maze in the future

everyone on Facebook is saying there will be a scream maze. I hope there is. Remember on twitter one of the hints was stab stab scream stab? this cpould be scream or psycho. try to match the famous psycho song with what murdy said. or it could be anything else. IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hills Have Eyes isn't new enough?

Wai, wai, wai

You are aware that HOTC is older than HHE, right?

And it has tons of atmosphere, I don't know where you're getting that it doesn't.

Desert locale might be hard to pull off, that's all, since most of the movie takes place during the day.

I would, ofcourse as someone else said, love to see a The Descent maze. Although that would be hard to pull off and there isn't much of an icon. And the sequel is a piece of crap DTV movie.

And I couldn't help but notice...

The announcement was nowhere to be found on AOL.

Perhaps AOL is lagging it and is waiting a week so maybe Murdy decided to make a quick deal with someone else for this maze.

Just a possibility and maybe the AOL maze is the main maze.

Edited by DTH316

Hills Have Eyes isn't new enough?

Wai, wai, wai

You are aware that HOTC is older than HHE, right?

And it has tons of atmosphere, I don't know where you're getting that it doesn't.

Desert locale might be hard to pull off, that's all, since most of the movie takes place during the day.

I would, ofcourse as someone else said, love to see a The Descent maze. Although that would be hard to pull off and there isn't much of an icon. And the sequel is a piece of crap DTV movie.

And I couldn't help but notice...

The announcement was nowhere to be found on AOL.

Perhaps AOL is lagging it and is waiting a week so maybe Murdy decided to make a quick deal with someone else for this maze.

Just a possibility and maybe the AOL maze is the main maze.

Are there any series of indoor scenes in Hills Have Eyes, either the original or remake? If they use that, it might work...or just make everything night time. It doesn't have to match the movie completely in terms of setting.

As for the Descent, the things that were killing the characters were humanoid bat creatures right? Have a random assortment of cave scenes with scaractors furnished as the creatures, it might work. If I'm thinking of something completely different, disregard this post please. :P

I really hope there's a Wolfman maze this year (and not just in House of Horrors) but unfortunately, it sounds like it will. :( Yet again, Murdy did say that he wouldn't...unless he was flat-out lying which I don't think he would stoop that low. Maybe the Shrek queue will contain the Wolfman. Maybe they just won't have him at all. <_<

Scream I would LOVE to see! But again, I don't think it's likely hence the whole "strike the iron while it's hot" issue.

Jeepers Creepers would be really cool! The environments would be unbelievably scary and the killer would be PERFECT! I can just hear the music playing now. There could be the issue of the whole "nobody remembers it" issue, but come on HoTC didn't really gross that much for pete's sake; the article even brought that up. I don't think he would be the "main icon" but it would be a cool maze nonetheless.

scream would be pretty cool i just think that it'll be used next year

it seems like murdy got an overwhelming ammount of people wanting scream as a maze this year and he probably didnt expect that...

also since the remake will be next year i think it's a pretty good chance.

IMO the only thing that would stop murdy from doing a scream maze next year is the possibility of for some reason not being able to get the rights for it.

other than that i think murdy will do it because obviously it's something the fans want to experiece.

Scream is not a remake, it's part 4! Hence the title SCRE4M

Yeah, HOTC didn't gross much which shows that all bets are off on that department now.

Maybe we can see something like Trick R Treat now.

Jeepers Creepers, if I remember correctly, made twice as much as HOTC.

I'd rather see that actually.

In all actuality, I'm really pissed off at Rob Zombie at the moment for the piece of shit H2 was. I don't think I can forgive him for that.

oh oops haha sorry didnt mean to put remake :P

its just most of the horror movies are being remade and not added on to that i thought of remake lol

is it really that bad?

i still havnt seen it and i really want to but everybody has said its crap...lol

i'll still probably watch it though ha

Edited by LeeRay

Well whatever doesn't kill HHN, may make it stronger.

Things may be fine, the event will still be popular.. and if the designs of this year don't work out..then that means we just may never see another year with Zombie's involvement, hence strengthening it and leaving it open for perhaps greater things... like original content. On the other hand, if Zombie's work actually turns out to work positively it can also strengthen the future of HHN.

Just take the event as it comes out, we may not agree on the direction, but it's set in stone. The only thing we can do is take it in, and watch what happens.

Edit @ 11:42pm: I just looked at the website and... Zobo the Clown seems to have vanished from the gallery.

Edited by Onca

Funny story, one time I was on a jog around the backlot and saw some people shooting there. It wasn't the biggest production. It was a couple coming up to the house and then the mailbox falls over. They than ran into the house where there was ghosts hanging from the ceilings. I never saw anything to do with that later on. Anyone know what that was?

On a jog around the backlot??!!

I can explian that universal has a Film College on the backlot and they use the sets for Finlas and projects Im going there btw lol

What!!?? I didnt know that. Dude PM me the details.

Ahhh! A Trick R' Treat maze would kick major ass!! I can see the facade already! It will be the old mans house with a zillion jack o laterns out front. How epic would that be?!

Personally I'd like to see the whole event themed after Trick r' Treat, but I think that's already been discussed. All of the stories can easily be scarezones and Terror Tram material, and the mazes could be things inspired by Halloween (not the movie, the holiday)..

Electro, just go to nyfa.com. There's all the details you could need right there.

And yeah, Universal hosts a 4k or something like that every once and awhile. I pretty much walked the entire thing though because this was before the Terror Tram days and you could just go waltzing around on sets. I got some fun pictures getting into some JP cars, on the Whoville set, in the Square of Warriors, Psycho house, etc.. This was also before War of the Worlds, so unfortunately that wasn't there yet.

Witch everyone talking about Trick 'r Treat, here's my idea:

You enter in Emma's yard with all of the ghost scarecrows. You can see the facade of the house, it is an unpractical set. You come upon Emma's severed body with the pumpkin lolipop. Then Sam jumps out at you with a sheet. You enter through a gate in the fence and are now in the yard of Mr. Kreeg. His yard is full of jack o' lanterns. You enter under the porch and into the den. You see Sam run across the hallway upstairs. Once you exit the den and enter into a hallyway leading to the bedroom you see Mr. Kreeg strugling for his life after being attacked by Sam. Still going down the long hallway you hear a shotgun blast coming from a room to the left of you. Then you enter the bedroom with the flaming jack o' lantern and red writting all over the walls. You exit the house and now are in the backyard of Principal Wilkins digging the grave for the kid he posioned, Charlie. You walk through a tall wooden fence surrounding the yard and are now in what seems like a rock quarry filled with thick fog. There is very little light and you here the voices of children taunt you. Shortly after, the flickering of the bus headlights reveal the children in their costumes, inches away from your face. After you escape from the children you are on the path lit by jack o' lanterns in the forest. After you are distracted by Laurie in her Red Riding Hood costume, a vampire tries to attack you, which later turns out to be Principal Wilkins. Afterwards, you come upon the suprise party. All of the girls are ripping out of their storybook costumes and transforming into werewolves. You see their dates, dead. Once you are about to leave the party, mauled and scratched body of Principal Wilkins falls from a tree with his his vampire costume. You leave the forest and are in an area filled with thick, dense fog. The only thing in sight is a jack o' lantern. You see the flame go out, everything is dark. Then an extremley loud scretch is heard, a blinding light is flashed several times revealing Sam's face in jack o' lantern form.

Sorry, I know it's not spec, but just wanted to share it.

Witch everyone talking about Trick 'r Treat, here's my idea:

You enter in Emma's yard with all of the ghost scarecrows. You can see the facade of the house, it is an unpractical set. You come upon Emma's severed body with the pumpkin lolipop. Then Sam jumps out at you with a sheet. You enter through a gate in the fence and are now in the yard of Mr. Kreeg. His yard is full of jack o' lanterns. You enter under the porch and into the den. You see Sam run across the hallway upstairs. Once you exit the den and enter into a hallyway leading to the bedroom you see Mr. Kreeg strugling for his life after being attacked by Sam. Still going down the long hallway you hear a shotgun blast coming from a room to the left of you. Then you enter the bedroom with the flaming jack o' lantern and red writting all over the walls. You exit the house and now are in the backyard of Principal Wilkins digging the grave for the kid he posioned, Charlie. You walk through a tall wooden fence surrounding the yard and are now in what seems like a rock quarry filled with thick fog. There is very little light and you here the voices of children taunt you. Shortly after, the flickering of the bus headlights reveal the children in their costumes, inches away from your face. After you escape from the children you are on the path lit by jack o' lanterns in the forest. After you are distracted by Laurie in her Red Riding Hood costume, a vampire tries to attack you, which later turns out to be Principal Wilkins. Afterwards, you come upon the suprise party. All of the girls are ripping out of their storybook costumes and transforming into werewolves. You see their dates, dead. Once you are about to leave the party, mauled and scratched body of Principal Wilkins falls from a tree with his his vampire costume. You leave the forest and are in an area filled with thick, dense fog. The only thing in sight is a jack o' lantern. You see the flame go out, everything is dark. Then an extremley loud scretch is heard, a blinding light is flashed several times revealing Sam's face in jack o' lantern form.

Sorry, I know it's not spec, but just wanted to share it.

That's actually not bad at all. It would be a great maze! The reason John said he might not do it was because he doesn't feel that it would be "scary enough" for the event. Well if the fans seem to want it then I don't think there's any reason why they shouldn't.