HHN 28 Event Merchandise

26 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

https://shop.universalorlando.com/ProductList.aspx?q=Halloween

Love the posters....will be coming home with a couple of them.

Omyyygoshhh thanks for the link lmao was waiting for this to go on sale online!!  I'm hoping getting some of the stuff online before we go will save me some luggage space and hassle this year, I always panick about packing things like shot glasses and posters an whether they'll survive my suitcase lol

It is odd. It's even stranger that The Harvest is only included on the house shirt and not in any of the scarezone merch.

It's also worth noting that Universal is getting into the interactive RFID technology like Disney's Glow With the Show merch a few years back.

"Halloween Horror Nights™ 2018 The Amulet of Fear Lanyard:

For the first time ever, become a part of the terrifying experience with our interactive Halloween Horror Nights lanyard - The Amulet of Fear. This must-have skull amulet glows and vibrates with different patterns throughout the night. Keep an eye out for the jack-o-lantern icons throughout the streets of Universal Studios™, as this symbolizes when the amulet will react. Lanyard design features two-sided reversible print and breakaway closure."

P-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018-The-Amule

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

There's a price drop? When?

Never that I've known, I think maybe a couple of small things were discounted online the very last week of the event last year but in all honestly if you wait you run the probability of something selling out!  Plenty of the items start selling out even halfway through HHNs run sooo if you want something best NOT to wait!

• Thanks 1

I got more so than what I needed last year at the yard sale. 
pin, keychain, 4 shirts and 3 beer cups for 25 bucks. 

Yet, I agree somewhat with if you really want it better get it within first 3 weeks. 
 I am certain that they will have plenty of Stranger Things

I am cheap. 
 Hint, at being cheap at hhn. 
 1. they usually start discounting stuff that isn't selling well or general items that they have over supply of.  
 10,000 shirts that haven't sold and it's Oct 20th. 

2. They usually get a restock of most shirts the 1st week of Oct.

IP, or select Ip sell fast than house shirts. 

they wont be marking down anything till 24th of Oct or later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AlienvsPurgers said:

Dang from what I am seeing......no Poltergeist shirt......to say I am disappointed is a understatement. Please if anyone has seen anything that's just Poltergeist at the event tell me it would help to know if I can look forward to it or not.

I’m honestly shocked there’s no Poltergeist shirt seeing as it’s one of the houses featured on all the billboards and advertisements and it’s one of the “white whales” this year.

There's pretty much always a shirt for the IP houses blumhouse was an exception I never quite saw but if it's an IP and it's got its own house it's PROBABLY got one! The fan reaction to the poltergeist reveal wasn't exactly huge but naturally stranger things was trending news, so they're probably pushing Stranger things merch in the advertising but I'd definitely expect a poltergeist shirt to be there! I suppose we'll know in a couple days lol :0)

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92

1 hour ago, Ueeediot said:

I can't find the online HHN tribute store yet.  Only the Universal site that has been up already for a few days and only has the 33 items that were listed a week ago.  If anyone sees the online tribute store appear please link it?

I don't remember the tribute store being online last year it's over next to the mummy ride in the park.  last year  only the handful of items that they initially put on universals online store were available online to the best of my knowledge, idk maybe we'll see more but there wasn't last year

On 9/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, Gambit said:

It is odd. It's even stranger that The Harvest is only included on the house shirt and not in any of the scarezone merch.

It's also worth noting that Universal is getting into the interactive RFID technology like Disney's Glow With the Show merch a few years back.

"Halloween Horror Nights™ 2018 The Amulet of Fear Lanyard:

For the first time ever, become a part of the terrifying experience with our interactive Halloween Horror Nights lanyard - The Amulet of Fear. This must-have skull amulet glows and vibrates with different patterns throughout the night. Keep an eye out for the jack-o-lantern icons throughout the streets of Universal Studios™, as this symbolizes when the amulet will react. Lanyard design features two-sided reversible print and breakaway closure."

P-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018-The-Amule

I'm gonna buy one, but I don't see how this will make the experience scarier in any way.  Maybe if some were randomly wired to explode?

Maybe they can program these to sense when you are slowing down in a house.  Add a speaker to say "keep moving!".  It could be a blackout on an amulet.

I posted this in my Hollywood review, but thought it's just as relevant here.

We purchased the Amulet of Fear.

Below I am referring to some scarezones only found in Hollywood, but you will get the idea...

Amulet of Fear - $20

Okay, you've probably read about this in the blogs, and when you go you will see them EVERYWHERE (except around customers' necks).  We purchased one, and my daughter wore it both nights.

First - they are MASSIVE and HEAVY.  I mean comically large.  I was expecting something between golf ball and baseball.  It's bigger than a softball.  And it's really heavy.  It would be an excellent weapon if you exercise your right to Purge.  It comes with an "exclusive" lanyard strap.  As you walk with it around your neck, it bangs around your body constantly.  It has three modes: OFF, LIGHT, and RFID.  In Light mode, it ignores RFID and has a push button that puts it into one of 8 or so lighting modes.  It can also be made to vibrate.  The vibrations are not subtle.  In fact, the biggest plus about this is that it's effective as a neck and back massage device when you are tired.  Not joking.  

Now, RFID mode.  First, it CAN be used on both coasts.  It simply senses RFID.  And both parks send out the same codes, so no need to "train" it or "activate" it.  Around the parks are these 5 foot towers with a lighted jack o lantern on them.  These are the RFID transmitters.  When you are within a few hundred feet of them, the amulet will react.  For instance, as we approached Toxxic Tunnel, it glows green and pulses green.  It does all sorts of crazy stuff in Holidayz in Hell.  It can vibrate continuously or in heartbeats or fading pulses.  It has two RBG LEDs in it, so the candle and skull can glow/pulse/flicker in different colors.  Best of all, it WILL turn off automatically when in houses.  My daughter said she saw it blink briefly in Halloween.  Employees do not understand this and some tell you to turn off as you approach the house.  It is very bright and distracting.  I don't really know what happens when you are not in range of a transmitter.  When we saw others with an amulet, theirs were doing the same thing ours was.

My daughter really liked it and while it didn't add any "fear" to the experience, she thought it was neat that it did stuff based on where you were.  To her, it was magic.  I think it's way too big and heavy, but will nonetheless take it to Orlando with me.  It DID seem like scareactors were giving extra attention to those wearing amulets.

Batteries are easy to replace (AAA).  Two nights of vibrating is beginning to slow down...

• Like 1

In Hollywood, we saw several pins offered.  Don't have pictures here...

They had two Universal Monsters pins (I think they were Creature and Wolfman?)

They had a Stranger Things two-pin package with Eleven and Demigorgon

They had a Stranger Things Christmas Light Wall with a giant electronics box on the back.  When turned on, the lights came on one by one (R-U-N) as in the series, and then all blink on.  I have no idea why the controller is so large.  Close to 3/4" thick!  For that size, I was expecting sound.

I did not see any Universal Hollywood exclusive pin as in past years.  Just mentioning this in case Orlando is not offering these.

Otherwise, the ST stuff in this thread is all available at Hollywood as well as Orlando, including the red hoodie.

IP shirts I saw in Hollywood: Trick R Treat (2 versions), Poltergeist.  I don't recall seeing a Halloween 4 shirt.

If you haven't seen them yet in Orlando, they're coming...

On 9/7/2018 at 9:56 AM, littlegreenghouls said:

I think I will get a killer klowns and treat r trick shirt at fresh out the gate. 
I don't know about the rest of stuff. 
 I like some of stuff. Yet I think I will wait for price to drop. 
 No bottle opener? 

No bottle opener or playing cards (that I've purchased every year they've had).  No vinyl figures other than tiny Stranger Things ones you can get at Target and regular Funko Pops.  The Killer Klowns shirt is REALLY nice.  The shop on the corner of the Finnegan side street / Transformers / Killer Klowns had some Stranger Things stickers I didn't see anywhere else (including the Tribute Store).  

• Thanks 1

To think people were worried there would only be ST merchandise.  I have not seen this many shirt choices in all my years of going to HHN.  Kinda surprised they aren't selling a Lightnin' Gulp 144oz mug.  I'd buy one and take it to Starbucks for my free birthday drink.

Say, I'm seeing these  HHN "Pass Member" pins on Ebay that have Eleven on them.  What exactly are these? 

There is already the pumpkin pin that is for "Annual Passholders" yet sold in the tribute store.

Is the Eleven pin really an exclusive pin for passholders and at what level?

• 2 weeks later...