• Onsite - Cabana Bay
    • Onsite - Aventura
    • Offsite Nearby (Major Blvd area)
    • Offsite Nearby (International Drive)
    • Disney Area
    • Hotel or Timeshare or Rental not applicable to above
    • I'm a local - driving from home
    • Staying with friends or family
    • One night stand, baby! I'm in and outta there!

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Pacific. My buddy and I travel down from Wisconsin each year. This is our...11th year now I think. Stayed at RP the last 4 and it's been, by far, the best experience we've had with resort, breakfast, staff, and walking/water taxi. Before that we stayed at Hard Rock for 5 or 6 of the years which was awesome but it wore out its welcome after awhile.

We stayed offsite the first year but had to deal with shuttles, lines, wasted time, etc. It was cheaper but in the end we experienced far less each day in the park. We stay 5 days each year. With onsite we get the fast pass during the day and can ride everything 10-15x in a row if we want. It's pretty amazing.

• Like 1

Skip school on the 13th, head to Sapphire Falls, and just chill for the day.

Then the next day, take the bus to the Studio, watch Horror Make-Up Show, then head to Finnegan's Stay-N-Scream and wait for 5:30 to come! 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 6:50 PM, HHN Pro said:

Skip school on the 13th, head to Sapphire Falls, and just chill for the day.

Then the next day, take the bus to the Studio, watch Horror Make-Up Show, then head to Finnegan's Stay-N-Scream and wait for 5:30 to come! 

Now this is a solid plan!

Hey all,

Just wanted to throw out something interesting - Car rental prices for the early days of HHN look unusually low today.  I'm going Sep 20 for 4 nights and found a Full Size at Budget for $140 (all inclusive).  Costco has it for $130, and also adds a $20 Costco gift card - I've never seen this before.  Normally I'd pay $170-$200 for this time frame.

Maybe I stumbled into a perfect time to book, but this is definitely not typical for car rental.  Universal resort room rates are still what I typically see (not low).

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I did a staycastion for opening weekend at Cabana Bay and it changed my life. Firstly, being so close to the event and not having to drag myself to a car then home after the event was delightful. Secondly, the resort is just lovely. It just hit all the notes, and felt so warm, welcoming, and accommodating. 

Doing it again this year, but splurging a bit to get one of the suites. It's really the one vacation I take a year haha. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hard Rock Resort. I've stayed at Royal Pacific during HHN before and it was also great.  I absolutely love their special HHN room service.  It is available until 4am and it sooo delicious. Nothing says fun like ordering haunted berries and fried bat wings when your drunk AF after a night of scares!