HHN Hollywood 2017 Audition + Discussion

29 minutes ago, dereksdominance said:

Damn hearing all of this drama and disorder behind the scenes breaks my heart! I really wanted to audition next year since I'll be moving closer to Universal but I've dealt with enough work chaos to know that this may make me think twice. I have even more love and appreciation for the scareactors now because along with the general struggles of the maze (exhaustion, heatstroke, unruly guests) you face even more crap behind the scenes! I really hope Universal pulls it together this year and those awful supervisors get fired. 

Well, like I said, my worst year was a friend's favorite year. So much so he didn't want to go back because he didn't want to spoil the way he remembered it. Everyone's experience varies. Still don't regret doing it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

Damn hearing all of this drama and disorder behind the scenes breaks my heart! I really wanted to audition next year since I'll be moving closer to Universal but I've dealt with enough work chaos to know that this may make me think twice. I have even more love and appreciation for the scareactors now because along with the general struggles of the maze (exhaustion, heatstroke, unruly guests) you face even more crap behind the scenes! I really hope Universal pulls it together this year and those awful supervisors get fired. 

That's the universal way :). Internal drama is the one thing you can't run away from but it still doesn't warrant not trying out. 

• Like 1

*cough* I'm back from the dead...  :zombie_attack:

Oh yea, I also auditioned for HHN this year... Audition was July 6th (2pm).... Made the cut & got a "golden ticket" for John Murdy's Horror Factory ^_^

STILL haven't gotten a casting email yet, but also have NOT gotten the "You're not cast" email. So with the event being only 32 days away.. I'm trying NOT to lose hope, but um.... yea <_< Part of me has been tempted to just apply for Maze Host.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ldh5086 said:

I'm at orientation on Thurs at 6 and the 25th scare academy! I'm so nervous to see where I'm placed 

I feel the same way! 

This week and next next week are going to be the longest weeks of my life since my orientation/scare academy is on the same date which is on the 26th. Can't wait to see where you guys will be at this year. Il make sure I report back and let you guys know where I'm at as well! :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darkblackrain said:

So yeah orientation is tomorrow and i havent gotten a hired/not hired email, or done any form of paperwork. I've officially lost hope.  

yep... I know how you feel. I still haven't gotten a "cast" or "not cast" email either. Its very frustrating, especially when you work another job & also kinda need to know if you'll need to buy tickets for the event or not (even if only for opening weekend).

2 hours ago, JonaMar said:

I'm so sure I'm going to be put on ToT maze or Tram. 

I suspect I will be a terror  tram chainsaw  cause saw went well for me last year, but I really have no idea, just my hopeful guess and there will be many less chainsaws this year so I hope I get a saw again!

3 minutes ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

I suspect I will be a terror  tram chainsaw  cause saw went well for me last year, but I really have no idea, just my hopeful guess and there will be many less chainsaws this year so I hope I get a saw again!

I just think I will be part of ToT because of my stature, I'm 6'1. 

30 minutes ago, Kurseddragon said:

Out of curiosity, did you ask for that spot over scarezone? Or just had the feeling you'd get placed there?

I asked for scarezone 1 chainsaw, but this year there are far less chainsaws and quite a few less in zone 1 so I figured I wouldn't get the spot and veterans would, but I was hopeful I did well enough with the chainsaw last year that they'd want to give me one again.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, YokedSlayer said:

Got placed in pool, im a bit confused on why becasue im 6'2 and at orientation scott said he is still looking for 6'0 and above scareactors. Was it just random placement? Also anyone have experience in pool? what its all about and such 

Scare actors dropout fast and not many tall people audition. When the tall scare actors dropout, the tall scare actors from pool will take their role and then more scare actors will get hired in pool. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, YokedSlayer said:

Got placed in pool, im a bit confused on why becasue im 6'2 and at orientation scott said he is still looking for 6'0 and above scareactors. Was it just random placement? Also anyone have experience in pool? what its all about and such 

I've ended up in pool more than I have a permanent role. In some ways, I prefer it. Some days, not so much. Luckily for you, Alien Vs. Predator is gone because they had some short people filling the Alien role and apparently that was the worst costume of all time. You'll probably get placed in interesting roles every night and eventually get placed permanently when a spot opens up. 

And they put people in pool automatically for the specific reason of knowing others will drop out or call out every day so you're the back up. Doesn't necessarily mean you're bad, either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurseddragon said:

I've ended up in pool more than I have a permanent role. In some ways, I prefer it. Some days, not so much. Luckily for you, Alien Vs. Predator is gone because they had some short people filling the Alien role and apparently that was the worst costume of all time. You'll probably get placed in interesting roles every night and eventually get placed permanently when a spot opens up. 

And they put people in pool automatically for the specific reason of knowing others will drop out or call out every day so you're the back up. Doesn't necessarily mean you're bad, either.

Ok sweet im just super excited now, thanks for the feedback 

1 hour ago, XNaut said:

Scare actors dropout fast and not many tall people audition. When the tall scare actors dropout, the tall scare actors from pool will take their role and then more scare actors will get hired in pool. 

Thanks here's hoping i get some interesting roles 

2 hours ago, kingundisputed_ said:

A friend of mine who is also well over 6 foot was put in pool too. Must be them preparing themselves for the inevitable dropouts after weekend one.

yea i was taken by surprise because scott said they are auditioning for more tall guys