HHN Hollywood 2017 Audition + Discussion

It’s that time again! Scareactor auditions for this years event will be held at the Universal Hilton on July 6th, 7th and 15th. They usually hold a second round of auditions sometime closer to the start of HHN, usually in late August, if you can’t make it to any of those audition days. 

You can sign up at the USH Auditions site HERE.

Good luck everyone!

On 6/27/2017 at 7:09 PM, KissARat said:

I hope LetsMakeBiskuts, Ghostsarejerks, and XNaut are auditioning again :D .

Hoping to come back for year 2 ! 

You bet I'm coming back, year 3!!! I'll be there Thursday the 6th at 11. Hoping to get a chainsaw again this year!

• Like 1

For returning scareactors, if the casting directors liked you from before, chances of getting cast are high and if they did not like the scareactor from before, chances of getting cast is really low.

58 minutes ago, XNaut said:

For returning scareactors, if the casting directors liked you from before, chances of getting cast are high and if they did not like the scareactor from before, chances of getting cast is really low.

I see. So are you guys graded by the casting directors when they pass by your maze/scarezone? 

Also, how's the audition like? How do they know you're the right fit? I'm assuming it depends what they bring in different years. 

I have no idea if the scare actors get graded by the casting directors or not. All I know is when I was at the orientation, the staff was saying returning scare actors get cast if the casting directors liked you and the scare actors they didn't like, have a less chance getting cast.

At the audition you are in a room with 24 other people auditioning same time as you and you just act out on what the casting directors tell you to do. You need to listen really well because it was hard to hear on what the casting director was saying at the audition. By casting scare actors,  they pick the body type they are looking for and most of the time they cast the scare actors they liked from before.

On 6/29/2017 at 7:22 PM, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

You bet I'm coming back, year 3!!! I'll be there Thursday the 6th at 11. Hoping to get a chainsaw again this year!

Same dude! Il say hi if I see you 

1 hour ago, HorrorRat said:

I'd be interested to hear everyone's audition experiences for HHN before auditions this week?

It's lots of fun. My favorite part during the audition is the first part where they put music in the background and you act like monsters.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:05 PM, MashPotatoes said:

I see. So are you guys graded by the casting directors when they pass by your maze/scarezone? 

Also, how's the audition like? How do they know you're the right fit? I'm assuming it depends what they bring in different years. 

They get feedback from your Supervisors on your performance, attitude, punctiality and care of props and costumes and give you a grade based on those findings. They also do look at everyone randomly throughout the event.

36 minutes ago, XNaut said:

I hurt my leg 2 days ago during gymnastics and I had to cancel my audition. Sadly I can't be a scare actor this year. Maybe I will be a maze host this year and I can meet plaguexdoctor. How do I apply for a maze host anyway?

You'd have to wait till the end of July/beginning of August to apply on USH Jobs for the fall theme park jobs

I auditioned yesterday but I did not pass. I scheduled for another audition next week on Saturday and I'm wondering if I audition again and do a good job, will I pass or will the judges not give me another chance this year on passing me since I already auditioned?

6 hours ago, xHeartbreaker said:

I auditioned yesterday but I did not pass. I scheduled for another audition next week on Saturday and I'm wondering if I audition again and do a good job, will I pass or will the judges not give me another chance this year on passing me since I already auditioned?

I was thinking about doing that ( I'm too late now since all times are booked ) I know last year when I didn't make it, I jumped on the pick up auditions and they didn't say anything about me not making it before, so I think you have a shot if you pass the next audition

Everyone who auditions at different times, do they all have to act out the same thing like everyone else or is it always different every hour or 30min? When I auditioned, the judges wanted everyone to get violent and I didn't like that part because someone could actually get hurt and we were all so close to each other. I thought someone was actually going to accidently punch me or kick me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xHeartbreaker said:

Everyone who auditions at different times, do they all have to act out the same thing like everyone else or is it always different every hour or 30min? When I auditioned, the judges wanted everyone to get violent and I didn't like that part because someone could actually get hurt and we were all so close to each other. I thought someone was actually going to accidently punch me or kick me.

I was super frustrated too, people were running around like lunatics for no rhyme or reason, not even looking at the people they were almost going to punch in the face. Kind of almost wanted to walk out at that point haha.

Edited by HorrorRat

On July 8, 2017 at 5:57 PM, HorrorRat said:

I was super frustrated too, people were running around like lunatics for no rhyme or reason, not even looking at the people they were almost going to punch in the face. Kind of almost wanted to walk out at that point haha.

That's one of the things the judges look at during auditions. They want to make sure anyone they hire knows how to control their body and is safe. I've auditioned the past 3 years (twice last year, so 4 times total) and I have not seen anyone accidentally get kicked, punched, or any other kind of hurt during the "hunting prey" portion

• Like 1