HHN Hollywood 2017 Audition + Discussion

3 hours ago, Darkblackrain said:

Its been a while and I haven't gotten an email yet besides the one stating that they're looking for more 6'+ males to audition. Should i be worried or start to lose hope?

Don't lose hope until after orientation or you receive a 'you're not hired' email. I think orientation is sometime between the 9th and 18th.

3 hours ago, XNaut said:

When you scareactors start working, be careful of the guests. Last year some of the guests were punching the scareactors. The staff will cover up safety tips at the orientation and scare academy.

every year. i've been physically assaulted, sexually assaulted, harassed, etc. it's a really tough job. 

On July 29, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Darkblackrain said:

Its been a while and I haven't gotten an email yet besides the one stating that they're looking for more 6'+ males to audition. Should i be worried or start to lose hope?

I haven't gotten one either. This is the 2nd year I've gotten my golden ticket and not received an email. Hoping and praying that one will come in the next week. I know they also bring on more people after the first week because apparently a lot of scare actors drop out so. Ugh the waiting is just awful!

15 hours ago, kingundisputed_ said:

every year. i've been physically assaulted, sexually assaulted, harassed, etc. it's a really tough job. 

Same for me. People are unbelievable I diots at this event sometimes. Just watch out for yourself, know where the nearest maze host is and if you're in a scarezone do team scares so you always have a second scareactor as a witness or help if you need it. 

2 hours ago, HorrorRat said:

Do they give you options for your orientation date? Or do they just tell you, this is the date and time and you have to go? Also what time does it normally take place at?

Orientation is 3 or 4 days and you choose the day you can go, I don't know what time it'll take place. First day should be a month before event starts 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Darkblackrain said:

Nope, the only one ive gotten was the announcement where they said that they were looking for more 6" and taller people to audition.

Neither have I. Kinda given up hope at this point. There's still the possibility we'll get an email after the first week of the event because of all the people who drop out. Luckily I basically work freelance so my schedule is really flexible. But as long as you haven't gotten a "You're not cast" email then there's still a possibility. 

Seems like more scareactors are being cast this year because before, there were 6 mazes and this year there's going to be 8 mazes or so I heard. I got rejected way before the audition even started so at least you're not in the same position as me.

I personally haven't heard anything yet and im still  hoping to hear something very soon. Pretty much my whole cast from my maze last year have posted in the scareactors group page that they have gotten an email already. Some of them who are 'Day Ops' employees got them yesterday.  Apperantly the restaurant I work for in Citywalk is owned by universal so that makes me a part of there current employee status.  So I hope I hear something very  soon if that being true about them casting current employees last. *Fingers Crossed* 

20 minutes ago, HorrorRat said:

Do they cast people in walking dead or just use their normal performers that work year round?

They cast extra people for the walking dead. 

For those who worked last year (and this is prob a bad question to those who are new and excited), but how was it? Was it ran as bad as it was two years ago? I recall talking to a previous maze supervisor who changed to a general supervisor because of how bad things were going in his opinion. Even he claimed how unfortunate it was for the event to be ran so poorly in probably the most amazing line up to date for HHN Hollywood (pertaining to general runnings but leaning into the fact that 75% of the cast was new people and they didn't hire a lot of veterans). Other friends (on the one night I visited) were claiming it was much more strict and there were dumb rules and drama, etc., was as bad if not worse than it was two years (I bring up two years ago since it was the last year I worked there and I fucking hated it).

Wanting to know other people's opinions on last year, though, since everyone's experience could be different and also what are your expectations on rules and strictness, etc.?

I will again not be returning this year. Still going to school in Northern California. Might not even be able to visit this year, all depends on my schedule.