HHN Hollywood 2017 Audition + Discussion

1 hour ago, bggrenville813 said:

That's one of the things the judges look at during auditions. They want to make sure anyone they hire knows how to control their body and is safe. I've auditioned the past 3 years (twice last year, so 4 times total) and I have not seen anyone accidentally get kicked, punched, or any other kind of hurt during the "hunting prey" portion

Thats good then, I just could tell a few were really not paying attention and had a few close encounters.

Haven't been on here in a while but I'll chime in. I auditioned at 11:00 on Thursday and made it through. Hoping to get cast for year 3 and possibly have the SZ1 dream come true.

the beginning was no different than any of the other auditions in my opinion, go crazy while listening to horror dubstep and try not to touch anyone. I believe what they are looking for is how you handle yourself amidst chaos around you and if you're able to 'stay in character' and keep bringing energy safely with a lot of other people moving quickly (More so they're looking for the people that can't do it, they would stand out more I imagine)

the next part was new. It was a variation on scare the chair but with three large cones. The main difference was everyone had to participate, even rehires like myself. You had to tell them what you were trying to do, then scare the cones without touching them. I personally liked this a lot more then when they'd ask us to 'die' in the past because this is more familiar to what you'd actually be doing during the job (except with real people). Some people I know hated it and preferred to 'die', or stand in the back and watch as rehires, but to each their own.

if you're auditioning on Saturday, best of luck! My advice is go in with a good attitude, give the first part everything you've got without being out of control or dangerous, and with the cones just have fun with it. It can be frustrating and embarrassing to do scare the chair in my opinion, but it's your time to shine! Remember there are 3 cones, be efficient in scaring them and don't linger! Find the nice ground of not being too quick but not hanging around for too long. Scare and scram is what they like. Also, just because the cones are lined up doesn't mean you have to scare them in that order (I went for the middle cone first then 'suprised' the first cone, imagining if it were a guest they probably would have thought I wasn't going to scare them after passing them.) HAVE FUNNNNNN! 

• Like 3

WTF! We had to scare the cones? I couldn't even hear the judges talking because I was all the way in back due to number order. When I was watching everyone, they were not scaring the cones, they were just walking by the cones acting out differently god knows what they were doing. I didn't even scare the cones, all I did was just walk by the cones because that's what basically everyone else in my group were doing. I'm auditioning again on Saturday.

Edited by xHeartbreaker

2 hours ago, xHeartbreaker said:

I'm auditioning again on Saturday.

You can audition twice? I thought the rule used to be just once per year.

5 hours ago, KissARat said:

I auditioned at 11 on Thursday as well and made it through. Hoping to get cast again for year 2! :freddy:

What was your audition number? I was 104.

2 hours ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

You can audition twice? I thought the rule used to be just once per year.

What was your audition number? I was 104.

My number was 78. Were you the one wearing a black polo shirt by any chance? 

13 hours ago, HorrorRat said:

Those who have been cast before, how long did it take to hear anything after your audition?

One year I didn't hear anything for over a month, the last two years it was about 2 weeks after the last audition the first set of emails went out I believe. May have been slightly shorter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

One year I didn't hear anything for over a month, the last two years it was about 2 weeks after the last audition the first set of emails went out I believe. May have been slightly shorter. 

I feel like they will probably start to go out a little earlier than that, just because there is a pretty big gap between first day and third day of auditions this year though right? In the past years haven't the three audition days been right in a row?

1 hour ago, bggrenville813 said:

I feel like they will probably start to go out a little earlier than that, just because there is a pretty big gap between first day and third day of auditions this year though right? In the past years haven't the three audition days been right in a row?

I think so too. The sheet they handed out at auditions says 1-2 weeks but also says paperwork begins July 12th. That must be wrong because I doubt they'd cast anyone before the auditions are over and I haven't heard anything about emails on scareactor Facebook groups yet. They probably spent this last week reviewing the first 2 auditions so it'll go faster. I agree.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 0:42 AM, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

the next part was new. It was a variation on scare the chair but with three large cones. The main difference was everyone had to participate, even rehires like myself. You had to tell them what you were trying to do, then scare the cones without touching them. I personally liked this a lot more then when they'd ask us to 'die' in the past because this is more familiar to what you'd actually be doing during the job (except with real people). Some people I know hated it and preferred to 'die', or stand in the back and watch as rehires, but to each their own.

I personally LOVED scaring the cones this year. Felt much more realistic than the fake dying one at a time. I got through again but have kind of lost all hope of being cast after not hearing anything the past 2 years in a row. Either way I was really happy to see the changes to the audition process this year, including the on-site interview. I thought it was much more fun this year than in years past!

On 7/6/2017 at 1:46 PM, plaguexdoctor said:

Came in today at 11:20 and didn't make it unfortunately :( but no matter, looks like I'm doing Maze Host again for the 3rd time! 

What maze did you work last year?

My group (July 7th 11:30 am) had to sign release forms, something about them filming the auditions and using them for social media. This is my first year auditioning for scareactor (I w-as a lead for Route 666 last year) and I got my golden ticket. So I was wondering what the average wait time for emails is and what are the scare actor facebook groups?

4 hours ago, JonaMar said:

What maze did you work last year?

My group (July 7th 11:30 am) had to sign release forms, something about them filming the auditions and using them for social media. This is my first year auditioning for scareactor (I w-as a lead for Route 666 last year) and I got my golden ticket. So I was wondering what the average wait time for emails is and what are the scare actor facebook groups?

I was maze host for Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I'm not very sure, I never got to be a scareactor unfortunately

Edited by plaguexdoctor