HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

10 minutes ago, Xtine said:

Oh cool! Now you have to tell my some of your favourites. We went to Hellsgate in Chicago last year and were quite impressed. There was one that just started in our city and it wasn't bad either. I'd love to do a tour of some other haunts although I lean towards enjoy more of a gothic/scary atmosphere compared to gory. I think I like HHN because it's so immersive-- having the whole park (or most of it) involved just makes it so much fun. Plus we are theme park people as well so it's just a great trip overall for us.

The best single haunt I've been to is probably Bennett's Curse. The Headless Horseman in NY was also great. Nightmare New England isn't too shabby either. One thing that is better about haunts in the New England area is that we actually have a fall season. There is something about the leaves turning and the cool crisp air that makes that time of the year especially good for haunts.

Depending on how many days you're staying in FL and what your budget is, you could also check out Howl O' Scream at Busch Gardens (Tampa). They put on a decent show and it's not too far from Universal really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

The best single haunt I've been to is probably Bennett's Curse. The Headless Horseman in NY was also great. Nightmare New England isn't too shabby either. One thing that is better about haunts in the New England area is that we have actually have a fall season. There is something about the leaves turning and the cool crisp air that makes that time of the year especially good for haunts.

yes I do find Orlando weather a bit unbearable in Sept. We're in Toronto so we get the autumn weather too.. however sometimes it gets too cold and cuts the season short.

46 minutes ago, Xtine said:

Oh cool! Now you have to tell my some of your favourites. We went to Hellsgate in Chicago last year and were quite impressed. There was one that just started in our city and it wasn't bad either. I'd love to do a tour of some other haunts although I lean towards enjoy more of a gothic/scary atmosphere compared to gory. I think I like HHN because it's so immersive-- having the whole park (or most of it) involved just makes it so much fun. Plus we are theme park people as well so it's just a great trip overall for us.

There's one that I really enjoy that's in Dade City, it's called Screamageddon. It's a great local haunt, I make it a yearly thing. They've got a couple of full contact houses, only if you choose to though. I would suggest it to anyone.

48 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

There's one that I really enjoy that's in Dade City, it's called Screamageddon. It's a great local haunt, I make it a yearly thing. They've got a couple of full contact houses, only if you choose to though. I would suggest it to anyone.

I am still trying to figure out how to make touring haunts a full time job.. maybe one day when i am retired it can be my hobby. We did make it to the haunt show in St. Louis this year.. quite a fun event. You guys are lucky to live in the US where it's a more common thing. We don't have many in Canada... but we have scary escape rooms so that is at least something.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Xtine said:

I am still trying to figure out how to make touring haunts a full time job.. maybe one day when i am retired it can be my hobby. We did make it to the haunt show in St. Louis this year.. quite a fun event. You guys are lucky to live in the US where it's a more common thing. We don't have many in Canada... but we have scary escape rooms so that is at least something.

We have escape rooms, I don't really know if we have any scary ones. I haven't done any escape rooms in general. How are they?

1 minute ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

In the meantime, we can speculate about house/SZ details, rite?

Yeah most definitely. Let's start with one of the easiest, the saw house. What potential traps do you think we'll see, and which are you looking forward to seeing the most?

2 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I guess we can guess who the main icon is if this year has a medley of the unused icons; or who knows maybe they all have equal representation

9 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

We have escape rooms, I don't really know if we have any scary ones. I haven't done any escape rooms in general. How are they?

Yeah most definitely. Let's start with one of the easiest, the saw house. What potential traps do you think we'll see, and which are you looking forward to seeing the most?

I play a lot of them and I own a venue too. I quite enjoy them so I could totally geek out about this more than I should. But if you haven't played one- do it!! Just read reviews to find a good one and maybe try a few as they vary. Try to find a fun group of friends and enjoy!! it's a fun and immersive game. It's great to interact with friends, collaborate and just use your wits for a change (no uncle google needed).

9 minutes ago, wow said:

I guess we can guess who the main icon is if this year has a medley of the unused icons; or who knows maybe they all have equal representation

I'd be down for that. At least it's different and leads to some interesting merchandise. 

30 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

just so i can know what were the traps in the 2009 saw house in orlando?

Rumor has it the 2017 edition of Saw will solely be based on the Jigsaw film, or at least maybe just for Hollywood; but I'd expect it on both coasts

8 minutes ago, sammers8888 said:

Well anyway I think if the saw maze dose happen it will probably have a mix of traps from the new movie probably a couple from the old movies and some original traps.

Hopefully, it seems like a waste to not include some of the classic traps

8 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I would say so but they won't see that rant anyway and wouldn't really care.

Just playing devil's advocate. 

They may or may not care, but T.j. and others have stated in the past that they read the forums. Individuals from marketing most likely read them as well. I, at least, feel very confident that someone somewhere will read that rant. I can only hope it will in some way create a shift or change. Consider it my "survey comment" since I can't get the survey to pop up for me. 

8 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Can someone explain to me the Chinese Riddle incident?

2012. Horror Unearthed game. This was the year the Legions were introduced. While much of the game play was in park, there were clues sent to at home players that the in park players needed solved. We, those at home, were emailed riddles that gave the locations for the in park players to meet. We had to solve them by a particular meeting time so that members of certain Legions could gain points.

The first one was solved rather quickly. I used a location mentioned in the clue to determine the  language of the rest of the clue. After that I simply copied the text and placed it into google translate. After that point, the riddle portion that was in another language came as a pic. Things got progressively harder. The Baccanoid challenge came to us as Chinese characters. After several apps, online foreign language keyboards, and individuals attempting to draw the characters in a translator hadn't gotten a definitive answer, one player drove to her local Chinese restaurant and got us a translation. 

5 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Of course!! Using my Legion sorting, could the Festival of the Dead zone be a different culture then we have initially suspected? A Chinese or Voudon festival?

4 hours ago, Xtine said:

He is usually in the know I assume. I think sometimes he knows a lot more than he lets on. Pretty elaborate hint tho eh? I guess we will see if he is onto something in 5 days... 

Yes and no. He has had correct info, but it sometimes feels as if the rumors are more of a spec and a throw things at the wall and see what sticks type. 

3 hours ago, timbo8 said:

how does cindy fit with the reapers?

She doesn't. Although, she could be retconned. It would be quite easy to tweak her story to make her a reaperesque type character. 

3 hours ago, themazethinker said:

just so i can know what were the traps in the 2009 saw house in orlando?

The room from the first movie. Reversed bear trap. One where the person's hand gets cut by saw.  Barbed wire one. 

I was distracted by the Victim and the Saw movies have never been my cup of tea. 

Sorry for the novel, I was at work. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

The announcement schedule is just odd this year. Like there's been like some consistency in past years but this year's been weird. April was a dead zone and June announcement wise is looking to be as wise. I'm glad we aren't getting everything on one night in August but 1 house a month doesn't feel like too much to ask.

Part of me does feel they may be reacting to leaks, a sort of "Well you already know everything" attitude. 

I'm curious if they are following USH schedule of releasing info in July

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

This is probably the case. In that case, next house will be in early July likely.

Well Insidious is a Hollywood Exclusive and rumored to be our Next Announcement in Early July. I would say like after the 4th. Also don't mean to kill the idea you guys are having but...

Saw will ONLY be based on the New Film Jigsaw. Not a Mashup like 2009.

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 2