HHNH Planning & Insider Tips (The 2016 Edition)

I was watching them and they didn't look as bad. That extra hour seems to be working.

Also, it seems word of mouth on Exorcist has dropped lines for it a bit (Lot of people saying it's the best or the worst), so now the lines are taking a back seat to AHS, which has stayed dominant in wait times. Or just opening it the earliest of all the mazes has lowered capacity during normal hours.

I wasn't sure how they did this previous years, but if you have a season pass and bought a ticket for HHN, can you stay in the park for Early Entry like the Day/Night combo? Or do I have to exit and re-enter in the Early Entry line? I figured I'd go during the day while I'm at it since I have the pass, but would like to know if I have to leave to get ready for Early Entry. 

This was actually my first thought when I heard of the 5 PM extension, but then I checked wait times around 5:30ish and saw it was closed already so i assumed they closed at 5 so early entry didn't bother, but now that all makes sense!

i haven't been to hogwarts yet so if this means I miss TWD, Jabbawockeez and maybe even TCM on my next visit, I won't mind! :)

That is exactly what we did Saturday night as well. We went in for Early Entry at 5pm and headed straight to Forbidden Journey. The main line was 90 minutes, but we did single rider and it was 10 min. We then went to the Lower lot and all the mazes were still 20 min or less.

Thanks again for all the tips on this site. It really helped make our trip awesome!

• Like 1

Think I'm going to get FoL for Oct. 6. If early entry gets me in at 5, and I can hit HP once, seems like I should try and avoid the massive waits for houses. I would also like to get the full effect in Exorcist, so going during day time isn't an option.

Can anyone recommend a route for seeing/riding everything at HHN with FoL on Thurs. Oct. 6 from 5-9:30 PM? 

On 9/22/2016 at 7:44 PM, DTH316 said:

I just use hhnwaittimes.com

On 9/22/2016 at 7:15 PM, HailtotheKingBaby said:

what is the best app to track wait times on?

Universal just made an official app that released last week and they stated it covers HHN as well and uses the exact same system as waittimes.com

On 9/26/2016 at 2:42 PM, AsylumSB said:

Visit Harry Potter if Early Entry continues as is; we rode Forbidden Journey and drank a frozen butterbeer.  Nice way to start the event.

Thanks for the heads up! 

Btw any know the food truck/stand offering on the metro sets this year?

Yea there are 2 trucks on the backlot, a grilled cheese truck and a taco truck. I wouldn't recommend going to them though, I ordered a grilled cheese with pulled pork because I loved the one I had when Gru's Cafe first opened and now nobody goes there because it sucks, and I just wanted to see if was any good and get this, they ran out of fucking cheese and they had to switch my order to chicken tacos, good tacos, overpriced though. But it took like 20-30 mins to get the food and that area is crowded with people. Definitely would not recommend eating at the food truck

1 minute ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Yea there are 2 trucks on the backlot, a grilled cheese truck and a taco truck. I wouldn't recommend going to them though, I ordered a grilled cheese with pulled pork because I loved the one I had when Gru's Cafe first opened and now nobody goes there because it sucks, and I just wanted to see if was any good and get this, they ran out of fucking cheese and they had to switch my order to chicken tacos, good tacos, overpriced though. But it took like 20-30 mins to get the food and that area is crowded with people. Definitely would not recommend eating at the food truck

Jurassic cafe it is