HHNH Planning & Insider Tips (The 2016 Edition)

1 hour ago, Halloween Blues said:

So this year I've decided to do something different and skip HHN during October and hit it up on the final Saturday in November.  Generally speaking, what's it like on that last day? Is it as crowded as any typical day? 

It's exactly the same as any other Saturday night the only thing is HHN merch is on clearance 

So just went on the 2nd. Be careful, Sundays are full capacity nights as well and completely sold out. Also be aware if you have a season pass and use that to enter during the day, you'll have to exit and re-enter through security. Guest Relations told me I didn't have to and ended up spending 40 minutes in line for Early Entry. So if you use a season pass to enter, just exit about 30 minutes before 5 to ensure that you get in right at the start of Early Entry. Be aware of the Halloween and TCM maze waits. Read about 60 minutes on both, but after entering the line, it shifted to about 120+ minutes. Really made some of those waits long, and screwed up with my general plans. Other maze wait times can be inaccurate as well. Exorcist was 140 the whole night, but magically the wait we got was only 40 minutes after entering line.

Edited by eXpressives

Also yesterday, AHS, FvJ, and Exorcist all opened at 5:15. Lines got bad later on but let me go over everything I did with a GA pass (I'm pretty impressed with myself and my friends):

American Horror Story (So dark and so goddamn scary and good)

Freddy vs. Jason (Jason won) (Decent maze, not my favorite)

Krampus (Really fun)

Freddy vs. Jason again (Freddy won)

Halloween (Incredible ending and fantastic maze overall)

Transformers

Terror Tram

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Some great moments in this one)

Dinner

Purge Gauntlet a couple times (So good! Better than Terror Tram imo)

The Exorcist (Terrifying and super well done. One of my favorites of the night.)

Jurassic Park

The Mummy

Krampus again

Jabbawockeez (Really enjoyed their show this year)

The Mummy again

Transformers again

Krampus a third time

Freddy vs. Jason a third time (Jason won) (This maze is much better in the dark than it was during early entry)

American Horror Story again

Halloween again

Chainsaw Chaseout

Edit: So just missed Walking Dead and The Simpsons Ride. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Edited by JGmoney1996
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2016 at 0:03 PM, kwyjibo said:

Just a heads up, yesterday during early entry anybody wearing the HHN early entry wristband was being turned away from entering Hogsmeade 

Technically you don't need to put on your wristband until the escalators, so I'll just keep it off until than!

15 hours ago, DTH316 said:

Technically you don't need to put on your wristband until the escalators, so I'll just keep it off until than!

Employees will not hand you a wristband.  They are instructed to put it on your wrist.

On 10/4/2016 at 11:07 PM, eXpressives said:

So just went on the 2nd. Be careful, Sundays are full capacity nights as well and completely sold out. Also be aware if you have a season pass and use that to enter during the day, you'll have to exit and re-enter through security. Guest Relations told me I didn't have to and ended up spending 40 minutes in line for Early Entry. So if you use a season pass to enter, just exit about 30 minutes before 5 to ensure that you get in right at the start of Early Entry. Be aware of the Halloween and TCM maze waits. Read about 60 minutes on both, but after entering the line, it shifted to about 120+ minutes. Really made some of those waits long, and screwed up with my general plans. Other maze wait times can be inaccurate as well. Exorcist was 140 the whole night, but magically the wait we got was only 40 minutes after entering line.

+1.   Season pass is a joke this year.  Anyone remember way back when it was called a Killer Deals pass and they only sold a few hundred to loyal fans who intently watched social media for the secret link?  Heh, those were the days.  They are STILL selling this thing.  So the value had gone down considerably and they succeeded in making every single solitary night overcrowded.  There are no more non-peak nights.

As crowded as Orlando was, I so much preferred it over Hollywood this year because the Orlando Express lines were really manageable this year.  They allowed people to buy an Express pass the night of the event and the prices were HUGE for them.  Even non peak nights were $99 for Express.  But because Orlando sold a season pass that included Express, I was able to attend three nights in a row and do every single house every night.

Hollywood has chosen to attach the FOTL to the admission, so if you are a HHN season pass holder, you are SOL if you want to buy a FOTL add on.  They are gone within seconds of opening.

I live 30 minutes from HHN Hollywood and have been two times so far, and and STILL have not gotten in to all the houses. Don't know if it is worth my trouble.  If HHN Hollywood allowed me to buy a freaking add on FOTL I would be very happy.  But they are making this year a real bummer.  Really wish they would learn from their Florida sister.

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Employees will not hand you a wristband.  They are instructed to put it on your wrist.

+1.   Season pass is a joke this year.  Anyone remember way back when it was called a Killer Deals pass and they only sold a few hundred to loyal fans who intently watched social media for the secret link?  Heh, those were the days.  They are STILL selling this thing.  So the value had gone down considerably and they succeeded in making every single solitary night overcrowded.  There are no more non-peak nights.

As crowded as Orlando was, I so much preferred it over Hollywood this year because the Orlando Express lines were really manageable this year.  They allowed people to buy an Express pass the night of the event and the prices were HUGE for them.  Even non peak nights were $99 for Express.  But because Orlando sold a season pass that included Express, I was able to attend three nights in a row and do every single house every night.

Hollywood has chosen to attach the FOTL to the admission, so if you are a HHN season pass holder, you are SOL if you want to buy a FOTL add on.  They are gone within seconds of opening.

I live 30 minutes from HHN Hollywood and have been two times so far, and and STILL have not gotten in to all the houses. Don't know if it is worth my trouble.  If HHN Hollywood allowed me to buy a freaking add on FOTL I would be very happy.  But they are making this year a real bummer.  Really wish they would learn from their Florida sister.

As everyone already said, Thursday is honestly the best bet now. Heard this from a friend's friend who also worked there. But yeah that sucks that you still haven't gotten to see everything.

Haven't heard anyone else say they put the wristbands on us haha  definitely hasn't been the case for me in the last 2 years either with this new system. Maybe you just had an overly friendly employee want to touch you, zombieman hahaha

18 hours ago, zombieman said:

Ive been to HHN 6 times this year and I've been able to do every single maze and the Terror Tram by 10PM with early entry... I honestly have no idea how your not finishing everything. FOL isn't needed. 

Edited by Arsik_22

22 hours ago, DTH316 said:

Haven't heard anyone else say they put the wristbands on us haha  definitely hasn't been the case for me in the last 2 years either with this new system. Maybe you just had an overly friendly employee want to touch you, zombieman hahaha

It was an upcharge experience

11 hours ago, Arsik_22 said:

Ive been to HHN 6 times this year and I've been able to do every single maze and the Terror Tram by 10PM with early entry... I honestly have no idea how your not finishing everything. FOL isn't needed. 

Could you tell me what your plan of action usually is? Going for the first time tomorrow night,have been to HHN Orlando several years but never even been to Uni Hollywood! Any advice much appreciated :)

Edited by Caz

Hope you've been reading the thread! Definitely do the backlot first, then Halloween or Exorcist (whichever is shortest, since it's a Thursday you might be able to do both), go up top, then come back down and do whatever you missed on the lower lot right before closing.

• Like 1

Been here an hour, did Backlot including repeating FVJ and did Exorcist, just walked outo of Holloween at some just 626pm, oh and we stopped to refill our cup....

Been here an hour, did Backlot including repeating FVJ and did Exorcist, just walked outo of Holloween at some just 626pm, oh and we stopped to refill our cup....

Suffice it to say, we learned from your tips last year...we resisted all temptation to follow all the other nimrods falling in line for Exorcist (which they prominently announce is the first maze open at 5:15)

And we fell in line for the Backlot Wichita technically was not yet open......but we waited less than 5 minutes and they started walking us to the intersection just before the ballot and we were literally on the first maze by 522pm

At the rate were going, we will have banged out every single maze before 830pm

• Like 1

DTH316,

Everything went amazingly well!!!

I will be giving a rundown and review tomorrow I mean layer today lol.

Basically we started out at back lot, did everything except TCM and WALKING DEAD, then went back down to back lot so we could repeat everything in the dark. Then did lame tram, I mean Terror Tram, then did the last 2 mazes.

Our longest wait time was an hour, and we did everything including all the scare zones by 11pm.

Thank you for your survival tips!

Two years in a row with flawless results!

AHS
FVJ
KRAMPUS
FVJ (2nd time)
EXORCIST
HOLLOWEEN
AHS (2nd time, in the dark)
FVJ (3rd time, in the dark)
KRAMPUS (2nd time, in the dark)
TERROR TRAM
TCM
WALKING DEAD

All accomplished by 11pm and included Potty breaks, buying souvenir cup and several refills, as well as going through the scare zones..

DO NOT listen the announcements that the first maze opening at 5:15pm is the Exorcist!
You DO NOT CARE.....head directly to the back lot, even if it's "closed"....you won't be waiting long before people pile up and they let you in.....we were literally the very first people in FVJ last night, as in person number one and number two! Wait time=Zero!

If you can't get to all the mazes on one night....that means you didn't listen to DTH and shame on you.

(Full breakdown and reviews coming plus a KSF VS UNIVERSAL review

• Like 1

On 10/10/2016 at 6:09 PM, zombieman said:

Honestly, I hate the way Florida manages it's express pass system. It's oversold and often times the express lines can get very long. This year and last year were good examples of that for my wife and I. I vastly prefer the Hollywood model. In every survey I have completed  for Universal Orlando I have said the same. I pay a premium and am quick to purchase the FOTL add-on as soon as they go on sale for the privilege of not standing in long lines. I like the idea Hollywood sets a limit and they sell out. The way Orlando handles express passes is different as it is only an "express pass" and not Front of Line. If I am going to throw out that kind of cash, I want front of the line privileges. Just say no to long lines of any kind.

After successfully using DTH316's tips two years in a row, here's my observations/suggestions.

Obviously arrive early,

Figure out where early entry line will eventually be at and get your but over there as early as they will allow.

Claim your spot in line (as far front as you can get) and hold it.

If you are not already familiar with the park map and the layout of where the mazes are at...for god's sake figure it out before you get there!

We encountered alot of "dodlers" and people kind of loitering/wandering around, and even groups of friends walking 5 across completely blocking walkways while calmly chit chatting on their way to the next maze......get the F outa the way!

Use the strategies listed in this forum, you have to against what everyone else Is doing and follow the game plan or you will find your self in some hideous lines.

Here's the big one....forget Saturdays...Thursdays have not seemed to be as bad and although still busy, lines this last week did not go over 75 minutes while we were there.

Food breaks.......skip em if you can

We tend to eat a good meal before hand and bring energy bars with us.

Do not, repeat do not doddle, wander around, bury your face in your phone, etc.

Walk as quickly as you can without actually running, walk like you have a purpose......you are on a freaking mission!

You do NOT need front of line passes.

If we weren't already in a maze, we were in line for one or heading to one, otherwise we were on the toilet because it was unavoidable..that's it, nothing else, rides? You can ride those any other time iof the year, the mazes you can't.

Stick to the plan and you will be successful.