Halloween Horror Nights 26 : Security Concerns and Questions

Yeah, it was honestly the smoothest I've ever been through security. They did have a huge issue with profiling in the past, with young men being vigorously searched down to checking our waistbands while older women like my mother didn't get a single check even if they set off the metal detector, or people having their bags checked deeper depending on their age group. The X-ray machines search bags very quickly while you're getting wanded, and there's no longer giant lines stretching from the Universal arch.

• Like 2

^^ Concur with all of it.  Who would've thought?  Now they have a ready made excuse for not decorating the archway at the entrance too much - you just walk by it!  I must say, given the choice, I'll take walking right on through.  It was the best!

• Like 2

Would this mean the hotel entrance will take longer potentially? We will be taking advantage of that annual passholder deal for $119 per person for Cabana Bay and tickets, and I think that the line there still has the old security measures. Can anyone shed more light on this situation?

2 hours ago, duh1011 said:

Would this mean the hotel entrance will take longer potentially? We will be taking advantage of that annual passholder deal for $119 per person for Cabana Bay and tickets, and I think that the line there still has the old security measures. Can anyone shed more light on this situation?

Yeah... I'm kinda curious about security at the on-site hotels. I'll be staying at the Sapphire Falls and I'm just curious how fast the security/boat travel to Citywalk is going to take (especially in the morning when we do the UTH tour). I definitely don't want to be late because it takes too long. Any input on Sapphire Falls yet?

• 2 weeks later...