Vamp 1955

King_K.

This zone was not something I was excited about. The idea sounded kind of half baked when they first shared it, but now that the event is here and I have seen it, the zone may walk away with the entire event. This zone is just immensely fun and inventive. The characters are well defined, which is so rare for a scarezone, and while it has a very campy attitude about it, the scares are not lacking. I see myself spending A LOT of time here throughout the season. 

• Like 1

This zone did a pretty good job on the scare front. There's some non-vampire humans still left who have interactions with the vampires, including a little mini-show on one of the floats. This is definitely the more comedic zone, but the actors emphasize scaring more than making people laugh.

This is what I feel is going to be a sleeper hit of a scarezone here. At first I thought it was a little lacking but going through again, I loved it. Plenty of good characters here and the showcase on the sun float was all kinds of awesome (The main greaser biting the homecoming queen in the neck as the others egg him on). Music's pretty nice too, but I'm a sucker for doowop and such. Kind of made me miss my grandma who was a teenager in the 50s, I think she would have loved this one. 

That said, anyone here involved with this zone, major kudos, especially the ice cream man who offered me a "Turkey leg" when I took a break. Even my girlfriend who's a major fraidy cat loved it. 

I guess I'm in the minority in that this was indeed my LEAST favorite scarezone (just finished Universal's HHN Survey and mentioned this too...sowwy).

The whole '55 timeframe and H.S. geeks, jocks, cheerleaders and such attempting to scare.  On paper sounds AWESOME but didn't work when executed.  The other scarezones were MUCH scarier and atmospheric.

• Like 1

Fantastic zone. Not necessarily scary but I adored what they did with it. The chemistry among the actors as well as their roles were awesome. The nostalgic music hit me in the right spots. The floats and their dead bodies were great. Wish it had some more sets pieces but this is a zone with a love of passion behind it. Best of the event.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Vamp 1955