Which Horror Movie would you like to see as a house this year?

JCB

Now that I have seen the movie I wouldn't mind seeing Wolfman done again. Maybe add and or delete a scene. The Crazies, or Zombie land. What about making a scare zone a house, the one from last year War of the Living Dead in a soundstage would be fun, not sure how scary it would be though. :zombie_attack::zombie2:

war of the living dead would be a good ss house i could picture being in a trench and have the zombies trying to get to you, and a scene where u go through a forest and u see the nazis and the allies fighting each other

as for zombieland that in my opinin that would work better as a scarezone (espcailly if it was in amityvill) :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also agree with a Halloween house. as long as it's based on the original John Carpenter formula instead of the Rob Zombie remakes, i'm ok with it. it worked in All Nite DrIvE In 2003, and just as how NOES and F13 ended up getting their own houses in HHN 17, it would be good if HHN20 gave Halloween a house of it's own. i would also enjoy it if any of George Romero's classics were to be immortalized as a HHN house (such as Night or Dawn of the Living Dead)

i would also enjoy it if any of George Romero's classics were to be immortalized as a HHN house (such as Night or Dawn of the Living Dead)

I remember that was one of the survey questions a few years ago. They asked the standard "have-you-ever-seen-this-movie-and-how-would-rate-your-interest-in-seeing-as-a-house?" questions.

Guest EmericBelasco

Actually, that part of the survey was in reference to the entire event being George Romero-themed, not just one particular house. The other entire-event-theme options included Stephen King and Saw. I love the idea of a Romero scarezone-and-house combo, but I don't think it's strong enough to support an entire event. They've done several zombie themed zones and houses, but none have really captured the essence of Romero's Dead series. The old Deadtropolis house came the closest, but even that is several years removed.

I happen to agree with Chip, though, that a "Quarantine/REC" house has a lot of potential. For that matter, a "28 Days/Weeks Later" house could be great for similar reasons. For an event such as HHN, fast-moving-zombies would probably work better than shamblers, as those movies featured a lot of gory, startling jump scares.

I would also agree with a Halloween house. as long as it's based on the original John Carpenter formula instead of the Rob Zombie remakes, i'm ok with it. it worked in All Nite DrIvE In 2003, and just as how NOES and F13 ended up getting their own houses in HHN 17, it would be good if HHN20 gave Halloween a house of it's own. i would also enjoy it if any of George Romero's classics were to be immortalized as a HHN house (such as Night or Dawn of the Living Dead)

I agree 100% about a Halloween house, if they aren't following the original, then just don't do it at all. You don't mess with a Carpenter classic...especially THAT movie! ;)

And I would love to see Nnight or Dawn of the Living Dead made into either a house or a scarezone, both classic horror flicks that if done right, could prove to be amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd agree that a John Carpenter's 'Halloween' House would be cool.

However, there is another movie I would gladly pay extra to see made into a House, which nobody here seems to have brought up:

'Trick 'r Treat.'

It truly is the epitome of a Halloween film. It was cool and scary, it's already getting a nice fan following, and the environments in it (The overly decorated lawn of the house in the beginning, Mr. Wilkins' house and basement, the forest clearing, and ESPECIALLY the abandoned quarry and Mr. Kreeg's dark house) would be perfect for a House.

• 2 weeks later...

Either a Halloween (1978), Aliens, Predator, or Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) house would be fine with me. Personally i'd love to see Uni get the rights from Fox to use Alien and Predator each could respectively have great houses.

Edited by Venom

• 2 weeks later...

movies i would like to see:

Trick r Treat, Silent hill, Resident evil(but not just the zombies, i would like to see the dogs and all the monsters, i would give Anything to see Nemesis, i know they could pull it off)

and i Would Love a Halloween house (the original) after seeing jason, leatherface and freddy i just wanted to see michael so much!!!!

But

last year i asked Michael Roddy about a house on halloween and he said they didn't think it would make a good house,

i also heard that HHN Orlando could have made the house like in Hollywood in 2009 but they didnt make it. besides, they're always making fun of Michael Meyers in Bill and Ted's

I'm surprised no ones mentioned this, a Bioshock haunted house would be friggin epic, i dont know about you guys there are a lot of moments in that game that were intense and could be pulled off really well in a haunted house if done correctly. I mean think about it, you just finished having a splicer in your face and then BAM, in the next room you got a Big Daddy literally popping out of no where in your face.

Just thought i'd throw in that idea, seeing as how i read somewhere that Universal owns the rights to make a Bioshock movie, don't know if this is still true or not.

Hooray!My first reply on horror night nightmares!Anyways, it seems as if that, to me, that Halloween, scream (Just throwing it out there, I don't know if anyone mentioned it) or predator would be bad as a haunted house, because they are all "stalkers," and you can't really get a stalking feeling in a house... Maybe as a scarezone where the scareactors could run after you and chase you...but, I've only been a HHN since 18, so I'm kind of new.

Hooray!My first reply on horror night nightmares!Anyways, it seems as if that, to me, that Halloween, scream (Just throwing it out there, I don't know if anyone mentioned it) or predator would be bad as a haunted house, because they are all "stalkers," and you can't really get a stalking feeling in a house... Maybe as a scarezone where the scareactors could run after you and chase you...but, I've only been a HHN since 18, so I'm kind of new.

well, scream had a room in the Director's house in 06, and i didnt really think it was that good, i dont think it could be a good house just with scream.

Predator would be Amazing, maybe have a Predator house and then an Alien house, i would do anything for that to happen,

Edited by black7mask

Pan-s-labyrinth-pans-labyrinth-534284_800_602.jpg

...since the hint is already "trees", I think Pan's Labyrinth would be pretty awesome. There are really only a few real "sets" and not a ton of characters, but still....having a scaracter chase you with eyeballs in his hands in a funky white spandex suit would be pretty awesome!

Im a big Fan Of Resident Evil, would love to see a house based on that using similar characters and sets from the movies.

AH! Umberella Corp.!!! That would make an amazing house. Not to mention the multitudes of zombies that would be present. Uni always has zombies thrown into the mix.

I personally would rather have all original houses this year, but money is money, eh?

If I had to pick a movie, I would go for one of the Romero films, like Dawn of the Dead or Day of the Dead or The Grudge. Didn't Howl-O-Scream do a Grudge house?

I always think back to one movie from my childhood that freaked me out, even today it does. I think a house based off the movie "Poltergeist" would be cool. I'm not sure really how they could really pull it off, but just the simple use of the theme song pumping through the house would be freaky. Or another house that would be cool, but probably be more goofy then scary would be a "Ghostbusters" house. Maybe it would make an interesting 3D house. But I am a realist, and know there probably is no hope for either of these houses. But the thought is nice.

I watched "The Collector" over the weekend, and it wasn't awful. For those of you who haven't seen it, the basic gist is that a large, expensive family home is broken into and completely booby-trapped. In some ways, it felt really similar to the Saw films. However, I thought "The Collector" actually would lend itself better to a haunted house than Saw would, simply because of the nature of the traps.

I watched "The Collector" over the weekend, and it wasn't awful. For those of you who haven't seen it, the basic gist is that a large, expensive family home is broken into and completely booby-trapped. In some ways, it felt really similar to the Saw films. However, I thought "The Collector" actually would lend itself better to a haunted house than Saw would, simply because of the nature of the traps.

I believe at one point is was supposed to be a prequel of sorts to saw, but the idea was scraped. I also believe it the same writers.