Which Horror Movie would you like to see as a house this year?

JCB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a big Fan Of Resident Evil, would love to see a house based on that using similar characters and sets from the movies.

I am a big fan of Resident Evil also. I have played all the games and have all the movies on DVD. Do a house in the mansion and the labs. Or a scarezone through the streets of the city.

I am a big fan of Resident Evil also. I have played all the games and have all the movies on DVD. Do a house in the mansion and the labs. Or a scarezone through the streets of the city.

That would be awesome, like starting out in the mansion, then ike ur heading into the labs. Too bad Universal doesnt have the rigths to it, or I think we would of maybe seen that already.

That would be awesome, like starting out in the mansion, then ike ur heading into the labs. Too bad Universal doesnt have the rigths to it, or I think we would of maybe seen that already.

Now THAT would be amazing! I'm not ususally big on film sequels, because well they tend to suck...LOL...but the Resident Evil triology is one of the few that I love all three flicks. Can you imagine what a massive soundstage house taking you through all three films would be like?!

This must be on the cards - USH had a Halloween maze, so very least we could have one.

I hope so! I'm with you, if USH had the maze, the least they could do is give us one as well! (We can always hope!)

I'd love to see a house based on the Strangers...the whole freakin scenario freaked me out...the it could happen factor...

Something like 28 Days Later would be cool also. The new Nightmare on Elm Street is coming out...

What I am tired of is the freak show, any variation. blah.

I'd like to see a house based on the 1978 version of "Dawn of the Dead." In some ways, it might resemble the old Deadtropolis house from a few years back, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

There was one scene from Deadtropolis that stuck with me, and I hope I'm remembering it clearly: the interior of a wrecked subway car. As you walked through the middle, the lights flickered on and off and a dozen zombie arms came through the windows to try to grab you.

Zombie films are all about huge numbers of mindless eating machines. A thoroughly well-staffed (if not slightly over-staffed) zombie house could be an instant classic.

I'd like to see a house based on the 1978 version of "Dawn of the Dead." In some ways, it might resemble the old Deadtropolis house from a few years back, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

There was one scene from Deadtropolis that stuck with me, and I hope I'm remembering it clearly: the interior of a wrecked subway car. As you walked through the middle, the lights flickered on and off and a dozen zombie arms came through the windows to try to grab you.

Zombie films are all about huge numbers of mindless eating machines. A thoroughly well-staffed (if not slightly over-staffed) zombie house could be an instant classic.

This is a great idea. At various times, last year I believe, people made mention of a black and white house. Everything in black and white like one was transported into one of the old films. The Night of the Living Dead would be an awesome fit for that. Classy and contemporary at the same time.

And I'll third Carpenter's Halloween. Best horror movie ever, in my opinion. And who doesn't love Dr. Loomis?

I'd like to see Halloween as well (original not the remake) but I'd really like to see an Alien house. After Interstellar Terror, I feel that it could be successfully recreated. I would really like to see The Shining (it is my favorite 'horror' movie) but I'm afraid that I'd be disappointed because my expectations would be too high.

I'd love to see a house based on the Strangers...the whole freakin scenario freaked me out...the it could happen factor...

Something like 28 Days Later would be cool also. The new Nightmare on Elm Street is coming out...

Hmm. I'm not going to lie, the Strangers is quite frightening to me. But I don't think it justifies a whole house. The room they had in Silver Screams was enough for me. Plus, when I did go through the house, they didn't really do much. Perhaps I had bad timing though. They just stood there when I went through.

A black and white house would be cool, and so would the Crazies perhaps. Depends on whether the movie's any good or not. :P

I would really like to see The Shining (it is my favorite 'horror' movie) but I'm afraid that I'd be disappointed because my expectations would be too high.

I think it could be done well. The scares were simple yet very effective in the film. I think part of it would HAVE to have the masqurade ball. (Bio shock ripped this off and it was effective there too.)

you could have the snowy labrynth, the dead woman in the bathtub, the twin girls and the hallway splattered with their blood... The possibilites are endless.

Edited by JWFearman

Well from what I hear they are making a "Strangers 2" so only time will tell

And I'll third Carpenter's Halloween. Best horror movie ever, in my opinion. And who doesn't love Dr. Loomis?

Exactly! He's like the original Terminator...no matter what Michael Myers did to him he kept coming back for more.

I have a hysterical soundboard prank call clip that features soundbites of Loomis calling a mental institution and telling the woman that Michael Myers is on his way to Haddonfield; the woman is like "Who is this? What?" I'll have to figure out how to get it off my phone and post it, I never get tired of hearing it...LOL

I have to agree with Chip as well, a well staffed zombie house would be an instant hit. Zombies seem to be that one horror element that everyone loves, hates or is completely scared crapless of...LOL

I'd have to agree that "The Strangers" may have worked best as a single scene in a larger house. The frightening thing about that film was the invasion of personal space and the violation of the sanctity of one's home (even though, technically, it wasn't the real home of the characters in the movie). That fear works well for a single, intense house scene, but it's harder to stretch that tension out to the full-length of a house. Just my own opinion.

As far as other film properties that could be turned into a decent house, what about "Quarantine" (or [REC] for you purists)? To me, that movie is basically a haunted-house-on-film.

[spoiler WARNING!}

The house could start off in a firehouse, then meander through a quarantined home. You could walk through show scenes depicting the people getting infected, "dying", then getting re-animated. There could be scareactors dressed as bite victims, injured firemen, CDC hazmat suit people, then finally full-blown zombie/rage-infected crazies. Finish it up with a pitch-black attic scene where you're stalked by whatever-that-creature-was, and you've got the making of a potentially great house.

For those of you who have seen the movie, what are your thoughts?

As far as other film properties that could be turned into a decent house, what about "Quarantine" (or [REC] for you purists)? To me, that movie is basically a haunted-house-on-film.

[spoiler WARNING!}

The house could start off in a firehouse, then meander through a quarantined home. You could walk through show scenes depicting the people getting infected, "dying", then getting re-animated. There could be scareactors dressed as bite victims, injured firemen, CDC hazmat suit people, then finally full-blown zombie/rage-infected crazies. Finish it up with a pitch-black attic scene where you're stalked by whatever-that-creature-was, and you've got the making of a potentially great house.

Oohhh...I like it! ;) You are right Chip, that movie really is basically a haunted house done in a movie format and would most definitely translate well into a real world version. I especially like the ending that you've described, what a way to finish a run through what surely would be a very insane house!

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I have seen the movie I wouldn't mind seeing Wolfman done again. Maybe add and or delete a scene. The Crazies, or Zombie land. What about making a scare zone a house, the one from last year War of the Living Dead in a soundstage would be fun, not sure how scary it would be though. :zombie_attack::zombie2:

• 4 weeks later...

[spoiler WARNING!]

ive seen it, trust me it scared the crap out of me, but last year, containment sorta reminded me of quarintine, so i don't think it would be a house BUT i would soooo love if it wass