HHN Hollywood 2016 Construction

Yup the metro set is 100% Krampus we shall eat crow on JP so just like the slaughter lamb I guess we can put the nail in the Yuletide coffin, this pretty much all but officially confirm we are getting Krampus... Exorcist and Krampus and FVJ! Honestly if they decide to cut all but these three it would still be my favorite line up ever!!!

Just had a bad flashback to my architecture class many years ago.  Not to get too geeky (but will anywayz*) but until either JP or metro façades get Dormers on the roof, neither location will truly be Krampus.  Without the windows protruding from the top, it could be anything from the Doyle house, to Krampus, to Freddy vs Jason, to Leave it to Beaver. :blink:

I am not sure why Halloween 2 (if it is coming at all) would get a Doyle House facade.  It seems a hospital facade would be more appropriate.  Regardless, looking forward to this year.  Any of the speculated IP's would be great additions to HHN 2016.

* HHN-ized 

Edited by AsylumSB

1 hour ago, AsylumSB said:

Just had a bad flashback to my architecture class many years ago.  Not to get too geeky (but will anywayz*) but until either JP or metro façades get Dormers on the roof, neither location will truly be Krampus.  Without the windows protruding from the top, it could be anything from the Doyle house, to Krampus, to Freddy vs Jason, to Leave it to Beaver. :blink:

There is no possible way that the house in the construction photo (Krampus) is the Doyle house or the one from FvJ. Disregard the dormers and match up the rest and tell me it's not Krampus. I'm pretty sure the chimney location alone is enough of a giveaway to toss out the Doyle house and the 1 from FvJ. Did you watch the short video a page back?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

There is no possible way that the house in the construction photo (Krampus) is the Doyle house or the one from FvJ. Disregard the dormers and match up the rest and tell me it's not Krampus. I'm pretty sure the chimney location alone is enough of a giveaway to toss out the Doyle house and the 1 from FvJ.

Yes, I agree it is a good all around match for Krampus....more of a light-hearted ribbing towards the construction detail.  We live in an age of bias towards Dormers.  Ha!  

18 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Yeah. I have to wonder if the dormers are just going to be left out. It looks like there is some sort of post next to the chimney. I wonder if that is where Krampus is going to be standing.

Idk it would be weird to leave them out and also, the Krampus house does not have 3 windows on the second level. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=krampus+house&client=ms-android-sprint-us&source=lnms&prmd=ivsn&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq0KT55MrNAhUBSiYKHVBoCd8Q_AUIBygB&biw=412&bih=604#imgrc=CT3NVZZCi5fYvM%3A

1 hour ago, aam1995 said:

Leaving the dormers out at the HHN version would be about as weird as whoever was in charge of designing the Krampus marketing material leaving out the middle window (which the house in the movie has). Sometimes things are tweaked and not exact for various reasons I'm sure. I'm really surprised there is even still confusion as to whether that house is actually Krampus. I mean... Murdy is that you on here trying to throw people off in order to keep the suspense for another couple weeks?

Are there any pictures/footage of the other construction?

First off....

I'm new.....

secondly......

somone needs to get more current footage of construction areas.

also, I was looking at the progression of the JP area maze and it seems like they are more further along than usual on that maze compared to previous years. Maybe it's just because focus has shifted this year on construction plans but seems like whatever maze that will be, will be detailed as all hell. Just my two cents. 

^Welcome to the freak show!

So I haven't been paying much attention lately but I think you're right about JP overflow going vertical pretty quick compared to years' past. Not quite sure, but I seem to remember that being one of the last ones completed for a while, though that may have to do with a few mazes being shoved there as replacements last minute or because construction was typically focused heavily on TWD at the start of the season. 

I do have a question.....

Are they going to build at the Mel's Diner location this year? I have heard that Murdy has confirmed that this location will not be used this year (I've seen some posts regarding this) yet, I haven't seen or heard Murdy actually confirm this. This is my question.....thank ya. Lol

Why do you think that location (Mel's diner) will not be used this year? I fear in some weird small way that we could see less houses and less event this year. I know that irrational thought but would there be 6 total houses? That being 5 temporary mazes and the walking dead attraction as the 6th? Then terror tram? Then I wonder if they will introduce a new show this year. Lots of mystery. What are your thoughts on all this?? Lol

^I know I've seen talk that there would be 7 but I don't know how valid that is. It feels like 6 mazes will include TWD most likely, and having that so close to where the courtyard is, I think they'd want to avoid a cluster fuck.

^True but we've seen how crazy it can get on busier nights. Wouldn't doubt if the whole area is packed with a queue--especially since it is TWD, at the entrance to the park (near it) and close to Jabbowockeez.... So I think that space, the plaza, will be used for some overflow, and the courtyard would be open maybe for a line or maybe as a place to eat and sit down again. That's about the only thing we won't find out until the event actually starts, in terms of construction (I would say line placement is relevant to the build).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! I haven't posted since 2012 but I'm on here every year. Took the studio tour today and got some horrifically bad pictures of some houses. The tram went oddly fast, but here they are:

The FVJ facade says "Craven Industries" in honor of Wes Craven.

dykvq1.jpg

Krampus:

szeh4i.jpg

Halloween II:

2hrcxfl.jpg

Also, AHS still has the steel beam structure. Sorry these pictures are so bad!

• Like 1