Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

3 minutes ago, JDW said:

ICONS typically do get houses... and it would make sense why the info is so hush hush on our last original. well.. except... Fear & Lady Luck.

Part of me is thinking we may just get a new show with her, but that would make sense that our last original is all hush-hush because of this reveal. I'm shocked they DID keep it so hush-hush (Exception of that Lurking dude), though that just may amount to less people searching for info.

21 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Since she uses much more dialogue than your typical scareactor, I think it would be amusing if she roamed the streets with a crew of maniacs and really got into people's faces. They could even set up scenes at different areas (sorta like they did with the purge and the zombie truck) and make it seem like they're killing random people as they move around. Instead of having a show on a stage, it could be spread out randomly throughout the park. Just an idea... 

^ She's getting a house?

The issue with her roaming the streets is she would become an unofficial meet and greet of sorts. Everybody would want a picture and their chance to be picked on. Scarezones are quickly becoming photo op zones and I don't want to see Chance turned into the nightmare that was Freddy and Jason in All Night Die In zone last year. Scarezones (and any roaming characters) need to stick to non-IP, generic monsters/creatures/things. Put a known character/monster in a street where guests can touch them and that will happen as well. They had to pull Carrie last year for this reason because some intoxicated male guests were getting a little to personal. Chance would be even worse. No matter how much she tries to move around, people will follow with cameras flashing trying to get the perfect selfie. 

I am all in on Chance, looooooooved her in the show last year, and she seems like she's got room to grow. Really excited that things have turned around and we're getting another icon after all. 25 may have ended up being the swinger for this, someone had to have noticed just how well-received last year was.

Edited by Circ

Will she get a stage show as well? When the date got pixilated and transferred to the HHN logo it reminded me a lot of how the intro for Jacks stage show started and ended. I'm not sure if there is any correlation but I wouldn't mind icon stage shows becoming a regular thing.

• Like 1

Super stoked on this. I think it will primarily be an advertising tool but I could also see a stage show. Chance is a little too vocal to be someone to recreate over and over in a zone like lady luck. A house could work and I would enjoy  Also but I think she would work best where's she's the main attraction at a show. Im hoping the girl that was her last year will be back.  To me she is Chance she nails the character perfect. also I'm curious to see how her story is gonna change and what jacks involvement in this event will be.

Edited by killswitch22
  • Like 1

It will 100% be the same actress. Both Jack and Chance have always been the same actor/actress since the character's first public reveal. They both even have input into the character and how the year will play out. For example, the guy behind Jack wanted last years show to be more Chance focused since the first show was all about Jack. She opened the show, did most of the killing, picked how the killing happened, etc. She went from a fairly unknown character that wasn't in much marketing besides the main commerical to an Icon this year. While A&D and marketing have final say, they are brought in fairly early to discuss the direction of the year and get their input on story and direction of the show once it is decided they will be used. They are treated just like top billed actors in movies who always give input into their role and can change it for the better since they literally ARE that character for a few months in the year they are used. 

They are the only two actors to ever speak to the media as that character as well. Last year during media stuff, Chance was different actress on the stage show while the "real" Chance hung out with media. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

They were both Morphan if I recall, though IDK how much that would affect any pitches.

I really doubt management (or the rest A&D) cares a flying flip about Legions anymore.

• Like 4

They could say that Chance knew what it is like to be neglected, pushed aside and never given the chance to truly be the center of attention so she felt bad for Cindy and wanted to give her a moment in the spotlight. Cindy almost had her moment to shine and it was taken away from her. Last year she got really mad if you called her the reject. I learned that the hard way, lol.

Still, I don't want Chance to have a sidekick. This needs to be HER year and the spotlight should be solely on her. 

31 minutes ago, Legacy said:

She's thinking Cindy.

She's thinking Chance's backstory won't be as cliche as is expected. 

JDW gave us Jill's original backstory. There is another character that originally had a porcelain face in her backstory. 

I'm not thinking of the Cindy we have, but of the original Cindy we lost. 

The broken and burnt little girl with the porcelain doll mask covering her face. 

Could Chance's backstory be a mixture of the two? Jill and SINdy? 

Edit: She's also wondering if her song selection was closer to the backstory than she anticipated. 

16 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

She's thinking Chance's backstory won't be as cliche as is expected. 

JDW gave us Jill's original backstory. There is another character that originally had a porcelain face in her backstory. 

I'm not thinking of the Cindy we have, but of the original Cindy we lost. 

The broken and burnt little girl with the porcelain doll mask covering her face. 

Could Chance's backstory be a mixture of the two? Jill and SINdy? 

that intresing to see in the video i remember chance actor saying chance was orginally going to be a doll of some sort 

Edited by timbo8