HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

I don't know if anyone else saw it, but Inside the Magic uploaded the Horror Nights panel with John Murdy and Chris Williams for Midsummers Night Scream. They talked about the three slasher houses and how they're really trying to differentiate from earlier incarnations of the mazes. They also described the facades for each house. 

"Freddy v Jason" is going to start with the boiler room where Freddy died, transition to Camp Crystal Lake, and have a different winner after every cast change. Also John said that an elaborate prologue would play out in the queue explaining why Freddy and Jason are battling.

"The Exorcist" has the largest number of blackout performers in any maze in Horror Nights history. 

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Blood Brothers" will use the gas station/bbq as the facade and include a "shocking" finale based on the flash bulb police camera intro from the opening of the original film.

"Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield" includes a number of theatrical tableaux including a scene where Loomis yells at Sheriff Brackett about shooting Michael six times. You'll also hear Loomis shooting Michael and hearing Michael fall when you're standing outside of the Doyle house.

Here's the full video if anyone else wants to see more about trivia and such, really fun to watch because they detail the history of the event's relationship to each franchise.

• Like 1

Maybe I missed it, but what happened to Parisian Courtyard as a maze? I was starting to like that venue :(

About damn time they utilize Waterworld though.

From the looks of it, seems I'll be hitting TCM or TWD very last this year before leaving the park. I think I can boogie with that.

17 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

Maybe I missed it, but what happened to Parisian Courtyard as a maze? I was starting to like that venue :(

About damn time they utilize Waterworld though.

From the looks of it, seems I'll be hitting TCM or TWD very last this year before leaving the park. I think I can boogie with that.

Yea we lost it, idk why though. Good to maybe have you back DTH

I'm always lingering but I've given up on the speculation game! Too much anxiety for an event I'll just attend anyway haha I'll be in full force in the few weeks leading up to and during the event though, with all the usual new threads and reviews.

7 minutes ago, aam1995 said:

This is exciting! Any idea or speculation what the name will be? I'm thinking "Dark Christmas: Legend of Krampus"

that sounds like more of a name for an original maze based on Krampus. This maze is based on the 2015 movie so Krampus will probably be the main title and there might or might not be a subtitle for it. I'd hope not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

that sounds like more of a name for an original maze based on Krampus. This maze is based on the 2015 movie so Krampus will probably be the main title and there might or might not be a subtitle for it. I'd hope not. 

Very true. When he had mentioned about a maze being the most creative/original I thought it would be this one. I'm excited because I enjoyed Krampus and the sets were nice. Although, I wana see them pull of the whiteout effect and snow from the movie. Should be interesting. Maybe they could use the Crimson Peak sets bc those were beautiful.

9 minutes ago, Mother Firefly said:

Hi guys!

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but do we know if Wizarding World will be open during HHN?  If there is no VIP buffet, I wouldn't mind an excuse to eat at the Three Broomsticks. 

Yes, Wizarding World will be open for HHN. 

• Like 1