HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

To be honest, I'm a little skeptical about The Conjuring/The Conjuring 2 being a maze this year. Seeing as it's about a little girl being possessed and we already have The Exorcist confirmed. But I think it's safe to say James Wan's work will be making another appearance this year (since he loves being a part of HHN). I think Wan's new movie Lights Out (releasing July 22nd) is a solid candidate. Based on the trailer alone, it looks like there's plenty Murdy could work with to make an awesome maze. My fingers are crossed for this one.

Lights Out trailer: 

I'm not sure about lights out being a maze. It doesn't look it has enough characters or environments that can be an IP that Murdy can turn into a house. I believe that conjuring 1 and 2 is most likely a property John Murdy can work on with James Wan. But this is all speculation. We could both be wrong or maybe we could both be right! We just have to wait and see!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

I'm not sure about lights out being a maze. It doesn't look it has enough characters or environments that can be an IP that Murdy can turn into a house. I believe that conjuring 1 and 2 is most likely a property John Murdy can work on with James Wan. But this is all speculation. We could both be wrong or maybe we could both be right! We just have to wait and see!

We could say the same thing about The Exorcist. It only has a few characters and takes place almost entirely in one room. But I agree, we will just have to wait until Murdy reveals the rest.

Just now, Henry14 said:

You have a point. Looked at the entire pages of HHN 2016 it is 678 pages. Doing math and using the leaked line up...

Maze #1 ("Wisconsin" JP Queue, "Krampus") - 92 Pages 

Maze #2 ("Doris Day" Front Of 747 Stage, "Freddy Vs Jason") - 90 Pages

Maze #3 ("Howdy" Mummy Queue, "The Exorcist") - 75 Pages (Confirmed to be coming to the event)

Maze #4 ("Dark Horse" Metro Sets, "The Conjuring") - 110 Pages (Maze #4 was never given a codename but Murdy called it "dark horse" and plus why it would be 110 pages would be if Murdy did the maze not only on the conjuring and the conjuring 2 but on "Amityville Horror ", "The Conjuring", "Annabelle", and "The Conjuring 2" would be enough 110 pages or maybe just "The Conjuring" and "The Conjuring 2" who knows?)

Maze #5 (FDTD Area, "American Horror Story") - 127 pages  ("American Horror Story" is probably going to be 127 pages if Murdy decides to do it on all 5 seasons.)

So doing the math that's 184 maze pages uncounted for (recently Murdy tweeted it's now 744 pages including Terror Tram which is 66 pages but we aren't including that in this, this is the amount of pages before terror tram). So 184 pages left which I believe is enough for two more mazes. The other Ips that are not on the leaked lineup list that I could think of to fill the holes for this two mazes:

"Halloween 2" - Murdy has shown some interest in doing Halloween again and possibly doing it on the sequel. Since it's so popular and loved and also it'd rumored to be coming to Orlando (not confirmed to be exclusive or shared) I can't see why they wouldn't do it.

"Scream" - This one is kinda out of the question. There is a lot holding it back from being a maze like the Orlando accident last year with Scream and The Purge but it was speculated to be on the leaked lineup and when Murdy got tweeted if Scream will come to the event he said "Meh" and let me remind you he said something similar earlier this year when someone asked if the Exorcist would be coming to the event and he said "I have been chasing it for 12 years "Sigh" " (I think) and then now the exorcist is coming to the event but who knows maybe scream could come maybe not. 

"Lights Out" - Now this is what you said and I think there is a chance. Lights out looks good for a maze. Murdy has worked with Wan in the past (Saw 09, 10, Insidious 13, 15). So we could see two Wan mazes coming this year since Lights Out could be unique to the event and it looks like it has villain for actors to portray so it is possible.

"Ouija" - Oh man... I don't think it will come to the event but it could. There is some spooky elements to the latest trailer for "Ouija Origin of Evil" that could suggest a maze happening and also you could say that they wouldn't want to do it because of the Critical Fail of the first film but they did "The Purge" for a scare zone and the first film made a lot of money but was not so well received and the sequel "Anarchy" was well received and that could be the case with "Ouija" and "Origin of Evil" but who knows. Plus the tagine "Origin of Evil" sounds like something that would maze title.

"The Strain" - Now it's on it's third season and there is somethings saying yes. Some people have asked Murdy to bring it to the event, Murdy has worked with Guillermo Del Toro last year (Crimson Peak), it's coming to SDCC so it could be a possibility for a announcement, and it has lots of maze things that could do.

So that's my speculation on what this other two mazes could be for this year's lineup. What about you?

Just now, foodstampsFTW said:

I'm assuming you haven't seen the conjuring 1 or 2, because if you have and are still skeptical on not enough material you weren't watching the right movies 

I have watched both but I am skeptical if it is going to be 110 pages I think it will be less. The first Conjuring has some maze material, and the second conjuring does have a lot of maze material and more material than the first. I think it will in this spot because Murdy called Maze #4 a "Dark Horse" which is a contender which is kinda what "The Conjuring" is and "The Conjuring" just kinda would feel right being in the Metro sets because of that Crimson Peak haunted vibe from last year and the facade looks big enough to be "The Conjuring" (Photo Credit: HorrorBuzz). I'm not skeptical on it coming to the event but I'm a bit skeptical if it would be 110 pages.IMG_0282.jpg

I'm doubting more than 6 HHN exclusive mazes. It'll probably be 

TWD

Krampus

Exorcist

The Conjuring

Freddy Vs. Jason

American Horror Story

and maybe one other property, leaning more towards Halloween II if we were to have another one. 

Looking at venues, there's one on the upper lot which is the TWD attraction (not an actual maze venue but TWD counts for the lineup)

Two on the lower lot, JP and Mummy

Three on the backlot, Metro Sets, outside 747, and FDTD location.

John could do what some people have been thinking and put two mazes where FDTD was but I don't really know about that. When FDTD was there half of the area was the queue and the other half was the maze so unless they relocate the queue, don't really know where else they could put two queues, I don't think it could happen. 

Any other venue suggestions?

Is it possible that the walking dead location that was next to transformers last year could be a maze location this year? If one of the maze treatments is 127 pages long, it would be perfect for the transformers area because The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far was the longest maze in hhn history so far. With a treatment that long it has to have a huge location. Did Murdy confirm that he's not using that area this year?

Just now, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Looking at venues, there's one on the upper lot which is the TWD attraction (not an actual maze venue but TWD counts for the lineup)

Two on the lower lot, JP and Mummy

Three on the backlot, Metro Sets, outside 747, and FDTD location.

John could do what some people have been thinking and put two mazes where FDTD was but I don't really know about that. When FDTD was there half of the area was the queue and the other half was the maze so unless they relocate the queue, don't really know where else they could put two queues, I don't think it could happen. 

Any other venue suggestions?

I can think of some venue suggestions that could be used as mazes this year.

Upper Lot: 

"Shrek 4D" Queue - The Shrek 4D queue has kinda been left alone for a long time. The last time it was used was for "La Llorona" in 2011. Nothing is going on in that Venue as of this year (at least I am aware of). So it is a possible location.

"Terror Tram" Metro Sets - Now as for the upper lot... The area they use for the Terror Tram I think could a Maze. Like last for the terror tram they started to make the guests enter their house like areas and honeatly putting a maze in the tram area could increase the people who want to go on the tram. However there is a problem with time and the tram. People going through the venue when their tram is waiting. However they could have a separate tram take them to the maze area or have guests walk there. But it is unlikely but could be done.

"Waterworld" Queue - This area has been  rumored to be used for quite some time. But I think is very possible because the venue is huge and is big enough to hold a house. Also Since Waterworld isn't used during HHN and they could just shut it down to hold a queue there for HHN. It's kinda likely but also unlikely. 

Lower Lot:

None. I can't think of any other venues being used for mazes in the lower lot other than the Mummy Queue and the Jurassic Park Queue.

Backlot:

None. Also can't see any other venues being used than Metro Sets, Front of 747 Stage, and Rumored FDTD Area.

Just now, Henry14 said:

Is it possible that the walking dead location that was next to transformers last year could be a maze location this year? If one of the maze treatments is 127 pages long, it would be perfect for the transformers area because The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far was the longest maze in hhn history so far. With a treatment that long it has to have a huge location. Did Murdy confirm that he's not using that area this year?

Yes. The Soundstage across from the Transformers Queue has been in construction for quite some time now and it is heavily rumored to be "The Secret Life of Pets" Attraction. Also to add on Murdy confirmed to not be using any Soundstage for a maze this year. So I do think that Maze #5 that is 127 pages long is going to be in either the "Waterworld" Queue or the "FDTD" area because I believe they are both big enough for (I think American Horror Story) whatever this 127 paged maze will be.

Edited by HauntJustyn

1 hour ago, HauntJustyn said:

"Shrek 4D" Queue - The Shrek 4D queue has kinda been left alone for a long time. The last time it was used was for "La Llorona" in 2011. Nothing is going on in that Venue as of this year (at least I am aware of). So it is a possible location.

"Terror Tram" Metro Sets - Now as for the upper lot... The area they use for the Terror Tram I think could a Maze. Like last for the terror tram they started to make the guests enter their house like areas and honeatly putting a maze in the tram area could increase the people who want to go on the tram. However there is a problem with time and the tram. People going through the venue when their tram is waiting. However they could have a separate tram take them to the maze area or have guests walk there. But it is unlikely but could be done.

"Waterworld" Queue - This area has been  rumored to be used for quite some time. But I think is very possible because the venue is huge and is big enough to hold a house. Also Since Waterworld isn't used during HHN and they could just shut it down to hold a queue there for HHN. It's kinda likely but also unlikely. 

Shrek: Possible, hasn't been used since 2012 actually but same maze La Llarona. It hasn't been used most likely due to WWOHP construction but now that the construction is done it's possible to be a venue again. Does Shrek even still have its extended queue? (Haven't been to the park since December so I've yet to see how everything new in the park looks)

Terror Tram: No I don't really think so. 

Waterworld: Again possible, was used quite a while ago according to some veterans. Its a large venue and could be used but I don't really see it being likely. 

We'll out soon enough if there are anymore venues or not. 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

10 hours ago, aam1995 said:

The Krampus house doesn't have 3 windows on the second level. 

It does, actually. For some reason the movie poster has one small oval window rather than a large rectangular one in the center (I think this is what you're talking about?) but if you watch the movie trailer you can see that all the windows seen here match.

3 hours ago, GeneralGiggles said:

One important question..... Will they do a 3D maze this year? If they do, what the hell could it be? Lol. I kind of feel that the "3D effect" of a maze takes away from its raw horror feel. Always thought that.not against it but not for it all the way. 

I don't think we're gonns get a 3D maze this year. There's nothing that could be 3D besides music mazes and Murdy has said there are no music mazes this year. Unless, he gets another comedy movie,  but I HIGHLY doubt we will get another one. 

Oohhhh boy. Lots to catch up on. I'll put my two cents for what we've got so far...

Lights Out is not happening. It's being released well after they lock in houses to determine its success. Heck, all of the houses are being built by then. Maybe next year. 

I feel like if we are getting the Conjuring, it would go in JP. Murdy usually like the "haunted house"/paranormal theme in that venue. since we already have Exorcist, I really question if he is going to do that since he's a huge variety person. 

Murdy said on his Twitter that here totally changing up the way they do scare zones this year. Could that mean roaming hoardes? More elaborate scare zones? 

No 3D houses this year. Murdy implied it and I don't see any property he would be using that involves 3D. That makes me very happy. 

Finally as as for what Terror Tram could be, I have no freaking clue. I honestly don't care because it's not that great. 

Just now, Freak said:

I feel like if we are getting the Conjuring, it would go in JP. Murdy usually like the "haunted house"/paranormal theme in that venue. since we already have Exorcist, I really question if he is going to do that since he's a huge variety person.

Well, the thing about the JP Queue is that it is a tie between "Halloween 2" and "The Conjuring". The codename "Wisconsin" fits "The Conjuring", it has a eerie vibe that fits haunted house maze, they could reuse props from "Insidious, and Murdy likes working with James Wan. But the facade doesn't fit "The Conjuring". Looking at the top floor it fits because there is 4 small windows and 1 big window in between the 4 small windows. As for the bottom floor you have 2 bogs windows and a door but in the photo there is 4 small windows on the bottom floor. Plus the roof with chimney and extra window has not been added in. As for the sequel the door for the house for the sequel is on the very right. I don't know maybe Murdy isn't adding in the roof and all that stuff because he doesn't want us to guess it or maybe it's a sneaky move and it's a completely different building from the film that we don't see in the film. Now talking about "Halloween 2" the house fits the facade, they could also reuse props from "Halloween", and "Halloween Michael Myers Comes Home" is a house that Murdy and a lot of other people love. But the Codename "Wisconsin" and vibe for the queue doesn't fit "Halloween 2". I don't know it could be "Halloween 2" or "The Conjuring" but the we expect the announcement to come in between July 5th - July 11th in about 6 days.HalloweenII-01.png the-conjuring1.jpg?quality=75&strip=coloIMG_0248.jpg

Just now, SirOwenDisney said:

Considering I originally connected Wisconsin to The Conjuring but the facade doesn't line up. The only other one is using Conjuring by way of Amityville or vice versa but even though the clues don't line up, the house looks very Doyle like.

While the JP Queue looks like "Halloween 2". Let's just say it's July 6th and Murdy announces "Halloween 2" is coming to the JP Queue. There is a possibility that "The Conjuring" could be in the backlot FDTD area next to rumored "American Horror Story" or in a different queue (possible the Shrek Queue).