HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

10 hours ago, Freak said:

Murdy hinted we may see some female chainsaw wielders this year. 

Female chainsaw characters? Or you mean female chainsaw because as Trevler has said before some of the chainsaw have been women in the past

On May 16, 2016 at 6:29 PM, foodstampsFTW said:

Awful, if you did early entry by the time you got to the backlot, there were already 20+ min waits and after you got done with your first house it was over an hour waits. I'm not sure as to why it wasn't like that last year, I don't think the trams provide that much of an impact. It could be that that houses on the backlot last year weren't that interesting to the gp compared to the lower lot. If rumors are to be believed, the upper and lower lot seem to be holding the walking dead attraction, exorcist, and the conjuring. Pretty solid and won't make it completely imbalanced towards the backlot, even though a majority of the content will be back there. If you wants go with 5 houses on the backlot, that means 2 new locations back there, as we will be regaining the FDTD queue. I still can't see 5 back there, it's too many, I mean an expanded backlot would be cool, but it just isn't very good spacing. It's perfectly fine to wait a year or so if you want to do 8 houses, so you can get locations where you want and to have good pacing. It would be pretty ridiculous to have to enter through the front go down the stairway and walk all the way to the backlot just to see the majority of the content.

if we did lose Parisian, I feel bad for the French street scarezone actors cause no ones gonna walk through there

The reason being was because they had first stab entry for pass holders and they were able to bring up to five guest per Pass holder they got in 5:30 and got to line up for mazes in the backlot at 6:00, Walkind Dead, and AVP opened at 6:30 (I did it that year) then early entry was let in at 6:30. Last year they combined Early Entry and first stab (you didn't need a pass holder this time) which is why it worked better the only difference was you could only line up for TWD in the lower lot or Jabbawokeez 

Galindoverhere on USHForums is giving out a rumor that we may finally see the area of Springfield used for a scarezone in HHN (even if it wouldn't be themed to The Simpsons).

Personally if its the case, I would be excited to actually see them handle the Cooling tower effect for HHN in a different manner..

1 hour ago, Alexshow said:

Galindoverhere on USHForums is giving out a rumor that we may finally see the area of Springfield used for a scarezone in HHN (even if it wouldn't be themed to The Simpsons).

Personally if its the case, I would be excited to actually see them handle the Cooling tower effect for HHN in a different manner..

I don't know about that one... For several reasons, maybe if it was just a roaming group like Orlando had last year but I doubt a full fleshed out scare zone 

On 5/13/2016 at 0:17 AM, Freak said:
1 hour ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

I don't know about that one... For several reasons, maybe if it was just a roaming group like Orlando had last year but I doubt a full fleshed out scare zone 

Yeah just like we had, roaming through yes but I doubt any set scarezone in Springfield.

• Like 1

How about this connection?

Doris Day has a song in AHS. The name of the episode is Tricks & Treats.

The Smiths have an album called Hatful of Hollow.

Trick 'r Treat? (and I know... it is Halloween with an A not an O, but when spoken by many it sounds like Holloween)

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

34 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

How about this connection?

Doris Day has a song in AHS. The name of the episode is Tricks & Treats.

The Smiths have an album called Hatful of Hollow.

Trick 'r Treat? (and I know... it is Halloween with an A not an O, but when spoken by many it sounds like Holloween)

The connection is to a song by The Smiths not an album and the song is not off of The Queen is Dead. I don't think Trick R Treat is gonna happen until Doughtery does a sequel as said by John

11 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

The connection is to a song by The Smiths not an album and the song is not off of The Queen is Dead. I don't think Trick R Treat is gonna happen until Doughtery does a sequel as said by John

When did he say it is based off a song?

He said...

About half way through the treatment for maze #2. The opening line of dialog/voice over for this maze is a strange secret ode to The Smiths

and...

it's not on Queen is Dead

9 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I can see Trick R Treat next year.  If AHS is connected to anything, i'm thinking its the 4th Maze Murdy mentioned working on . 32,000 pictures to go through & 110 pages. Makes me think that might be AHS.

Doris Day could still be Krampus. When you start second guessing yourself you usually kick yourself when the original idea you had ends up happening. I've had Wisconsin as The Conjuring since day one so unless I find out outright that its not coming, i'm not second guessing myself.

20 minutes ago, SirOwenDisney said:

If AHS is connected to anything, i'm thinking its the 4th Maze Murdy mentioned working on . 32,000 pictures to go through & 110 pages. Makes me think that might be AHS.

I thought that AHS has been pretty much ruled out for Orlando. If Universal secured AHS, it seems unlikely they'd only have it for one coast.

Just now, SirOwenDisney said:

I can see Trick R Treat next year.  If AHS is connected to anything, i'm thinking its the 4th Maze Murdy mentioned working on . 32,000 pictures to go through & 110 pages. Makes me think that might be AHS.

Doris Day could still be Krampus. When you start second guessing yourself you usually kick yourself when the original idea you had ends up happening. I've had Wisconsin as The Conjuring since day one so unless I find out outright that its not coming, i'm not second guessing myself.

You have a Good Point about AHS coming to the event. But Murdy states that Maze #4 will be the "dark horse" of the event. And when you look up "dark horse" meaning on Google it says that a "dark horse" is a "competitor" which makes sense because the walking dead and the exorcist are coming to the event so it makes since as why he would call AHS a "competitor" or "dark horse".

Edited by HauntJustyn

A dark horse isn't just a competitor though. It is a competitor that is either not well known, or not expected to succeed that ends up exceeding expectations (many times winning best overall). Everyone knows about AHS and many people would have set the bar pretty high regarding it's theoretical quality at the event. Dark horse doesn't really fit AHS (at least in my opinion). 

I think it would have to be a less known property in order to be a true dark horse. It should be an ip that has come out of nowhere to really win over the fans. 32000 pictures sure seems like a lot of material though. I wonder what the average number of pictures reviewed per house actually is???

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

A dark horse isn't just a competitor though. It is a competitor that is either not well known, or not expected to succeed that ends up exceeding expectations (many times winning best overall). Everyone knows about AHS and many people would have set the bar pretty high regarding it's quality at the event. Dark horse doesn't really fit AHS (at least in my opinion). 

I think it would have to be a less known property in order to be a true dark horse. It should be an ip that has come out of nowhere to really win over the fans.

But why would he call maze #4 a "dark horse" if it's not well known or won't be successful. If this year truly is the best maze lineup ever according to Murdy then I think he would get a lot of well know properties that exceed people's expections. Than getting something that is not well known and will be unsuccessful. Unless he is referring as "dark horse" to "dark horse comics" which is a possibility.

Edited by HauntJustyn

8 minutes ago, HauntJustyn said:

But why would he call maze #4 a "dark horse" if it's not well known or won't be successful. If this year truly is the best maze lineup ever according to Murdy then I think he would get a lot of well know properties that exceed people's expections. Than getting something that is not well known and will be unsuccessful.

Not well known, but ends up very successful or possibly even the best overall.

For instance, (not saying this matches to the clue) Trick 'r Treat isn't as well known of a property to the gp. However, if it was executed well enough, it could end up being everyone's favorite at the event.

Think of it this way... You're at a horse race and betting on horses. You know most of the names of the ones participating except for one of them. No one knows that horse, so it's odds of winning are very low. Come to find out, the horse is a beast and wins out of nowhere. That horse would be the dark horse of the race.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

Not well known, but ends up very successful or possibly even the best overall.

For instance, (not saying this matches to the clue) Trick 'r Treat isn't as well known of a property to the gp. However, if it was executed well enough, it could end up being everyone's favorite at the event.

Yeah sure "Trick 'r Treat" is not well known and would make a great maze. But I stand with my opinion that John will do "Trick 'r Treat" when the sequel comes out in 2017.

I just discovered a another tweet from Feb. 9th that said Murdy went through 38,000 pictures last year for Crimson Peak. I guess 32,000 may not be as absurd of a number as it may seem. 

Going back to the "dark horse"... maybe it could be something that hasn't even been released yet. 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I heard from an inside source that the main theme of HHN 2016 will be horror icons. The Exorcist was a perfect example of an iconic horror film! This also means that mazes like Freddy vs Jason could most likely come to the event this year. This also means that The Conjuring, Krampus, or American Horror Story can't come this year unfortunately because those properties aren't that iconic like Freddy or Jason! I can't say where I got the info, I'm just saying what I heard.

53 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

I heard from an inside source that the main theme of HHN 2016 will be horror icons. The Exorcist was a perfect example of an iconic horror film! This also means that mazes like Freddy vs Jason could most likely come to the event this year. This also means that The Conjuring, Krampus, or American Horror Story can't come this year unfortunately because those properties aren't that iconic like Freddy or Jason! I can't say where I got the info, I'm just saying what I heard.

Sorry dude, but whoever told you that is shitting you. If that was true, we probably would've gotten Texas chainsaw

I know it seems made up but I heard it from a direct source that the theme is horror icons this year. In Hollywood, maze announcement season usually starts in the summer. So it would be too soon to announce TCM the same day Orlando announces it. And you how know John Murdy is, he'll announce mazes in a way we less expect! It's not 101% confirmed but it's most likely to happen in my opinion.

If we were getting TCM it would've been a shared announcement like The Exorcist and pretty much every other maze we've shared with Orlando. And I'll believe you when it happens but right now you just don't have any credibility especially when someone who does have credibility has said The Conjuring is our next announcement.