Halloween Horror Nights 26 General Information

Dates: September 16, 2016 (Friday) - October 31, 2016 (Monday)

List: September:

• Friday the 16th
  • Saturday 17th
  • Sunday 18th
  • Thursday the 22nd
  • Friday the 23rd
  • Saturday the 24th
  • Sunday the 25th
  • Thursday the 29th
  • Friday the 30th

October

• Saturday the 1st
  • Sunday the 2nd
  • Thursday the 6th
  • Friday the 7th
  • Saturday the 8th
  • Sunday the 9th
  • Wednesday the 12th
  • Thursday the 13th
  • Friday the 14th
  • Saturday the 15th
  • Sunday 16th
  • Wednesday the 19th
  • Thursday the 20th
  • Friday the 21st
  • Saturday the 22nd
  • Sunday the 23rd
  • Wednesday the 26th
  • Thursday the 27th
  • Friday the 28th
  • Saturday the 29th
  • Sunday the 30th
  • Monday the 31st

Total of 31 event nights, scheduled.

Add-On ticket: $59 + tax per person. Must be purchased in conjunction with a park ticket.

"Halloween Horror Nights®
Hotel & Ticket Package

Enjoy on-site hotel accommodations, Park-to-Park daytime admission to both theme parks, admission to Halloween Horror Nights, a FREE± $150 Hotel Dining Credit and more from only $209 per adult, per night, tax inclusive when staying at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort.

Vacation Package Includes:

• 3-Night Hotel Accommodations
  • 2-Day Park-to-Park Ticket^
  • 1-Night Admission¥ to Halloween Horror Nights® (Sunday – Friday)
  • Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens to one (1) Universal Orlando® theme park as determined by Universal Orlando
  • Access to select live entertainment venues^^ of Universal CityWalk®

LIMITED TIME OFFER – Receive a FREE± $150 Hotel Dining Credit (per room) when you stay 3-nights or longer at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort with Sunday – Thursday travel. Book by 5/31/2016.

Select nights Sept. 16 – Oct. 31, 2016. Advance purchase required. Offer valid for bookings now – 10/28/16. Offer valid for travel 9/16/16 – 10/31/16"

(Thanks JWD ---->)

You can add an Unmasking the Horror Tour starting from $79.87 per person, tax inclusive at the same time you book a Halloween Horror Nights Hotel + Ticket Package. Available dates to book a tour are: September 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30; October 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

Shine a light on the darkness of Halloween Horror Nights® with an Unmasking the Horror Tour. On select days, get a chilling look into how Universal Orlando’s Art & Design team transforms the biggest names in horror into haunted houses on a lights-on VIP tour for up to 15 guests. Choose from the 2-2½ hour Morning Tour at 10:30am, 2-2½ hour Afternoon Tour at 2pm or a 4-5 hour combination of the two. Enjoy a guided walking tour of up to three houses per tour (six for the combination tour), a commemorative Halloween Horror Night lanyard and the chance to photograph every gruesome moment. Reservations are required and subject to availability.

Houses:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Exorcist

Edited by Averixx De Avalon
  • Like 1

You forgot...

Fog

Ip's

Original houses 

Fog

Music

Photo op scare zone

Fog

8 or 9 houses

Massive facade for a house

Fog

(btw I have a feeling the event will go into Nov next year)

I hope, hope, hope that both HHNs extend to the first weekend of November.. the afterparty nights in Hollywood were sheer joy! :D

• Like 2

(None of this discussion is really relevant to General Information).

It's highly unlikely HHN will extend for an extra weekend into November for one simple reason: Thanksgiving. That is a locked in day that kicks off all of their Christmas stuff. The shear amount of stuff they do, plus the amount of bleed-over with technicians and performers, requires that four week buffer for rehearsals, strike/install, etc. 

Hollywood does Christmas stuff, but nowhere near the scale of Orlando. They don't have Grinchmas. They don't have Macy*s. Orlando basically has to stop HHN when they do.

• Like 2

(None of this discussion is really relevant to General Information).

It's highly unlikely HHN will extend for an extra weekend into November for one simple reason: Thanksgiving. That is a locked in day that kicks off all of their Christmas stuff. The shear amount of stuff they do, plus the amount of bleed-over with technicians and performers, requires that four week buffer for rehearsals, strike/install, etc. 

Hollywood does Christmas stuff, but nowhere near the scale of Orlando. They don't have Grinchmas. They don't have Macy*s. Orlando basically has to stop HHN when they do.

Hollywood has Grinchmas. They do their production outside with a tree lighting too. While yes, Orlando's Christmas celebrations are much grander, Hollywood does it too.

Also, I don't see the need to extend to Nov. 4th and 5th. Assuming they get smart and finally add Sunday to opening weekend, we'll have 32 nights next year, which is even more than this year, without needing to extend to November.

• Like 1

The only Wednesday's left to add are in September, and I doubt they do that (though I'd LOVE it because they'd be beyond empty lol). I think 32 nights is perfectly acceptable. With the 9th house this year not being an exact repeat (I mean, this is assuming we even get a 9th house and it is in fact NOT a repeat), crowds will be spread out even better than this year, and yes while the streets will be flooded, wait times and crowding should feel better, imo. What they should do is add a 3rd worthwhile show in Animal Actors next year rather than add a 10th house (which I was never expecting anyway for budgeting/spacing reasons). Get people off the streets and out of lines, and that will help even more. Still can't think of a reason not to hire HHN-only actors for Horror Makeup Show and open that too, but idk.

• Like 1

The only Wednesday's left to add are in September, and I doubt they do that (though I'd LOVE it because they'd be beyond empty lol). I think 32 nights is perfectly acceptable. With the 9th house this year not being an exact repeat (I mean, this is assuming we even get a 9th house and it is in fact NOT a repeat), crowds will be spread out even better than this year, and yes while the streets will be flooded, wait times and crowding should feel better, imo. What they should do is add a 3rd worthwhile show in Animal Actors next year rather than add a 10th house (which I was never expecting anyway for budgeting/spacing reasons). Get people off the streets and out of lines, and that will help even more. Still can't think of a reason not to hire HHN-only actors for Horror Makeup Show and open that too, but idk.

That's if Animal Actors isn't shuttered by then.

anyone have idea what it is?

No one will have any info THIS early, but it's safe to assume it's an original, imo. Mike posted on Twitter that they have the list of IPs they want to do gathered and will start doing meetings to make that list final soon, so it seems they're not ready to dive into making treatments for those IPs yet. He also mentioned that they're trying to get a little ahead on the design process (maybe to take more time on each house/event as a whole?). Both points have me believe that this is an original house he's talking about. Unless it's an IP Comcast already told them they HAVE to do, which I doubt.

• Like 1

No one will have any info THIS early, but it's safe to assume it's an original, imo. Mike posted on Twitter that they have the list of IPs they want to do gathered and will start doing meetings to make that list final soon, so it seems they're not ready to dive into making treatments for those IPs yet. He also mentioned that they're trying to get a little ahead on the design process (maybe to take more time on each house/event as a whole?). Both points have me believe that this is an original house he's talking about. Unless it's an IP Comcast already told them they HAVE to do, which I doubt.

He also replied back saying it was an original :) I'm glad they're getting a head start.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

They finished the treatment.. design elements will come later next yr.

Its an outline at what they want to see in the house.. ie scenic details/music/scare actor placements, ect..

Also Dec/Jan is when they write out house treatments.. April is when the scenic designers come in and draw out ideas and other stuff

By May everything is done and is giving to 3rd Party vendors to build the houses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On December 1, 2015 at 10:48 PM, Ecto_Freak said:

You forgot...

Fog

Ip's

Original houses 

Fog

Music

Photo op scare zone

Fog

8 or 9 houses

Massive facade for a house

Fog

(btw I have a feeling the event will go into Nov next year)

Forgot to add The Walking Dead

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2015 at 10:50 PM, foREVer56 said:

I have wished for years that they would have Horror Makeup during HHN.  I absolutely LOVE that show.  I never get tired of it.  It just amuses the hell out of me.  I'd love to see it done and tweaked a bit for HHN - add a bit more to the movie clip part and maybe even tie in some of the special effects makeup to what you might see in the streets or houses that year.  I am kind of a geek about special effects and makeup and the design process, and anything someone wants to tell me about how it works - I'll eat that up with a spoon.

How many years ago was it when they had the show in AA with the guy who was the magician?

• Like 2

On 1/26/2016 at 4:10 PM, hunnylvr said:

I have wished for years that they would have Horror Makeup during HHN.  I absolutely LOVE that show.  I never get tired of it.  It just amuses the hell out of me.  I'd love to see it done and tweaked a bit for HHN - add a bit more to the movie clip part and maybe even tie in some of the special effects makeup to what you might see in the streets or houses that year.  I am kind of a geek about special effects and makeup and the design process, and anything someone wants to tell me about how it works - I'll eat that up with a spoon.

How many years ago was it when they had the show in AA with the guy who was the magician?

I think Brian Brushwood had show in that theater in 07.

With Beetlejuice gone, that is they're only option for a second theater show. Add something in a show in Mel's area and open HMU and that'd be wonderful for eating up crowds.

21 hours ago, foREVer56 said:

With Beetlejuice gone, that is they're only option for a second theater show. Add something in a show in Mel's area and open HMU and that'd be wonderful for eating up crowds.

Mel's, AA are the obvious second venues, but T:2 is regularly considered as well.

• Like 2

On January 31, 2016 at 11:32 PM, foREVer56 said:

I would assume T:2 is too small a venue, but if they could do a Terminator-sized show, as in every 45 min or so, it could be a great idea.

The considered it for Bill and Ted in 2012 when the two-park set-up was being developed.

• 2 weeks later...