Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

Mark M.

I think this house is massively overrated. It's definitely an awesome house, but I don't think it's my favorite this year and I don't get why it's getting the best reviews of any house of all time. For one, for a house that is supposed to be about 25 years of HHN they only actually pay tribute to houses done in the past 5-10 years. Secondly, I just prefer a house under one theme that plays out as you go through.

I'd rank it 3rd this year and it still is a top 15 house at worst for me all time, but it doesn't get me the same way it has others.

You're 100% correct. 

Oooor the house wasn't finished when the Scream rights fell through and they cut the house short and used the budget for the remaining few scenes to go turn Scream into Purge :rolleyes:

That's what I was told at least. A Nevermore (Tell Tale Heart specifically) and Catacombs scene were apparently both planned.

To add to this, I have it on good authority that all (or most) of the icons were supposed to be in the house in the beginning.  Then they went through and said there's not enough Jacks so they changed all (most) of the icons to Jack. 

Edited by Futurion
  • Like 3

To add to this, I have it on good authority that all (or most) of the icons were supposed to be in the house in the beginning.  Then they went through and said there's not enough Jacks so they changed all (most) of the icons to Jack. 

I guess it's because they already had the Icons scarezone? I mean it would have been nice if they dipped into even the very early HHN houses. Then it would have been a true blast from the past. 

Sounds very Marketing-like, honestly. Let's call it Jack Presents to get people to want to do it, then plaster him all over the place instead of giving everyone they're time to shine. This house is in my top 5 of all time, but if it was done the way it was originally planned, I can see it being my #1 without a shadow of doubt.

• Like 2

Sounds very Marketing-like, honestly. Let's call it Jack Presents to get people to want to do it, then plaster him all over the place instead of giving everyone they're time to shine. This house is in my top 5 of all time, but if it was done the way it was originally planned, I can see it being my #1 without a shadow of doubt.

well it Was Jack's big comeback after all.....  dont really see it as a problem. 

By chance, did anyone get any pictures of the posters in the queue?! I would love to see the posters of the icons not used in the HHN Icons SZ 

I think this house is massively overrated. It's definitely an awesome house, but I don't think it's my favorite this year and I don't get why it's getting the best reviews of any house of all time. For one, for a house that is supposed to be about 25 years of HHN they only actually pay tribute to houses done in the past 5-10 years. Secondly, I just prefer a house under one theme that plays out as you go through.

I'd rank it 3rd this year and it still is a top 15 house at worst for me all time, but it doesn't get me the same way it has others.

Then again, Monsters & Mayhem is a sequel to Hallowed Past so it would make sense to pick up where it left off, HHN 20

• Mark M. changed the title to Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem