HHN 2015: AVP: Alien vs. Predator

hhnfanforever

Least anticipated maze and probably going to be the worst of the event imo, last year it had a few scares but was just really cool, the cool factor would have worn off by now and won't be anything special, also someone should start the house anticipation thread or wait until everything's announced and include scarezones, can't remember how we did it last year and am too lazy too look right now 

I like how what's looking to be the worst maze of this year was the best of last year. That idea makes me pretty excited.

Least anticipated maze and probably going to be the worst of the event imo, last year it had a few scares but was just really cool, the cool factor would have worn off by now and won't be anything special, also someone should start the house anticipation thread or wait until everything's announced and include scarezones, can't remember how we did it last year and am too lazy too look right now 

1 thread with a poll for sz and one for maze

It was the consensus opinion, which has some merit. Like, as much as I disagree with the Oscars sometimes, if someone were to say Birdman was the best movie of 2014, I can't necessarily disagree with them or say that's their opinion haha. Consensus has a lot of bragging rights for fans of something the majority like. Cult favorites and minority will be a harder sell.

There is no reason this maze should be a letdown; I thought it was the best of the event last year.  Don't see a big drop in stock for this one just because of being a repeat.  I really wanted AWIL to be the best in 2014 but it was hard to argue with AVP's superior technical prowess.

Edited by AsylumSB
  • Like 1

Yeah, unfortunately, AWIL's puppets just malfunctioned to much and were too clearly seen before they attacked (aside from one sneaky devil near the end). And the maze didn't hit it's stride until half way into the event when they fixed a lot of problems in the transformation scene with the scares being so... scarce.

• Like 1

It was the consensus opinion, which has some merit. Like, as much as I disagree with the Oscars sometimes, if someone were to say Birdman was the best movie of 2014, I can't necessarily disagree with them or say that's their opinion haha. Consensus has a lot of bragging rights for fans of something the majority like. Cult favorites and minority will be a harder sell.

but birdman was the best movie of 2014, along with whiplash

I think the consensus of AvP was it was very cool but lacks on scares

• Like 1

Last year's AVP wasn't in my top 3 either. But I'm not a big fan of puppets so that's probably why. Aside from the incredible set, most of what I remember of the maze were aliens that looked and moved too much like puppets. I'm guessing maybe that's due to the difficulty of maneuvering the costume. Hopefully that's one of the things Murdy upgraded. Either way, it's a really fun maze. 

Um... make them animatronic... duh......

That was a joke, btw. Don't attack please. Lol the molds were amazing. It's how they were used. They just looked too stiff at times. I know it's an upgrade that could probably only be fixed by CGI or triple the budget. But I still think movement could be improved a bit.

• 5 weeks later...