HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

A while ago there was a "Arts and Crafts" easter egg posted on here with a speculation on the tree theme, After reading the comments ref greek mytholgy ( my spelling is really bad i know...) i found this ....arts and crafts... war goddess big big long shot and most likely nothing to do with it but hey i thought it was interesting... loving all the new ideas guys xWho Is Athena?:Athena is the name of an important goddess for the Greeks. She is the patron goddess of Athens, the goddess of wisdom, a goddess of arts and crafts (agriculture, navigation, spinning, weaving, and needlework), the favorite daughter of her father Zeus, and, as a war goddess with a focus on strategy more than bloodshed, an active participant in the Trojan War. She gave Athens the gift of the olive tree, providing oil, food, and wood. :unsure:

I think the Arts and Crafts thing was literal, as in this years event will have lots to do with a school and an evil teacher/janitor (if you read my previous post on page 39 you will understand what I mean about that) teaching dark history or history of HHN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I'm not trying to lessen what everyone is saying but HHN also focuses on us young teens and if the event was all mythology and stuff we wouldn't be very excited to go. Like if I told my friends hey this year is gonna be about Hades and Zeus etc they would laugh and say no way are we going. Don't get me wrong I like what everyone is speculating on but don't forget about all of the high schoolers and college kids that go.`Goes back to lurking...

Like I'm not trying to lessen what everyone is saying but HHN also focuses on us young teens and if the event was all mythology and stuff we wouldn't be very excited to go. Like if I told my friends hey this year is gonna be about Hades and Zeus etc they would laugh and say no way are we going. Don't get me wrong I like what everyone is speculating on but don't forget about all of the high schoolers and college kids that go.`Goes back to lurking...

I don't mean to insult you at all but what do they teach in school's these days? Your friends really wouldn't go if it had to do with mythology? That's sad there are some great stories there that could be turned into some evil houses/scare zones. I guess if your friends really wouldn't go because of that it means you should get a few new friends. I will say less teens to deal with in line making stupid comments would be a good thing for most people. Even though I am sure that the kid's there just to be dumb would still go. I also think you may be selling the college crowd short on 2 points. The first is they are just there to drink and have a good time and I don't know how much the overall theme of the event plays into them going. The second is college kid's should know about mythology and know that there are some good stories to be told. It is just my opinion but I like the idea because there are a lot of directions this could go. Besides having one house about mythology does not mean the entire event will be based on it since I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that this is a reunion year of some sorts.

No, im fine with one house being based off it and surprisingly my school doesn't teach mythology haha.

Wow I am sorry that your school doesn't teach mythology. It was actually one part of school I liked other than gym class. That is saying something about it since I hated school and felt I was just there to play sports at that time. Seriously though look into some of the stories you will find them interesting.

Edited by AaronPaHHNFan

Does anyone else ever see the subway commercial with the song that played in pyschoscareapy by midnight syndicate and it just makes you think of Halloween Horror Nights and that scare house or is it just me? I cant be the only one...

Does anyone else ever see the subway commercial with the song that played in pyschoscareapy by midnight syndicate and it just makes you think of Halloween Horror Nights and that scare house or is it just me? I cant be the only one...

That song is actually called Theme From "A Summer Place" by Percy Faith & His Orchestra. But yes it does very much remind me of HHN!

I think the Arts and Crafts thing was literal, as in this years event will have lots to do with a school and an evil teacher/janitor (if you read my previous post on page 39 you will understand what I mean about that) teaching dark history or history of HHN

Not to nit pick... But she said it would be a pain to decorate because the house was "Arts and Crafts"

When I heard "Observation deck" my first thought was a ship or a spaceship... But Mystique is right... Spung tent would be tought to pull off a boat... or anything with an observation deck. That usually implies looking over and there isn't THAT much room in a tent to pull it off.

Medusa is a Gorgon and she doesn't have wings. I've actually never seen any gorgon with wings before.

Oh an I'm just not getting how people are saying Greek monsters aren't scary or relevant to teens. Is not God Of War relevant to teens AND nothing but Greek Gods... Percy Jackson (which I couldn't care less about)... Clash of the Titans movie? Even Harry Potter has aspects of ancient Greek monsters. Again its all in the packaging. If they can twist 'ole boring flat top Frank into a gruesome, steam punk monster it really isn't that hard.

Medusa is a Gorgon and she doesn't have wings. I've actually never seen any gorgon with wings before.

Oh an I'm just not getting how people are saying Greek monsters aren't scary or relevant to teens. Is not God Of War relevant to teens AND nothing but Greek Gods... Percy Jackson (which I couldn't care less about)... Clash of the Titans movie? Even Harry Potter has aspects of ancient Greek monsters. Again its all in the packaging. If they can twist 'ole boring flat top Frank into a gruesome, steam punk monster it really isn't that hard.

JW, I couldn't agree more. Greek Mythology is as relevant as Cirque Du Freak and 100 times more frightening when it is pulled from it's traditional source. Just like many fairy tales are darker than the "disneyfied" versions we know, most myths have been watered down or changed by Hollywood.

As for the gorgons having wings, I have two links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgon

Gorgons sometimes are depicted as having wings of gold, brazen claws, the tusks of boars, but most often with the fangs and skin of a serpent. The oldest oracles were said to be protected by serpents and a Gorgon image often was associated with those temples. Lionesses or sphinxes frequently are associated with the Gorgon as well.

http://www.theoi.com/Pontios/Gorgones.html This second link has a classical depiction of the gorgon C5th B.C.

The three Gorgones were depicted in ancient Greek vase painting and sculpture as winged women with broad round heads, serpentine locks of hair, large staring eyes, wide mouths, the tusks of swine, lolling tongues, flared nostrils, and sometimes short coarse beards. Medousa was humanised in late classical art with the face of a beautiful woman. In mosaic art her full face was wreathed around with coiling snakes and adorned with a pair of small wings sprouting from the brow.

When I personally think of observation deck, I think of a high place or a building...but I also think of a house from hhn 18, Interstellar Terror, although not the best house, I enjoyed it. But many people are saying the frightanic, and I've never been in that house, but it sounds like a fan favorite!

JW, I couldn't agree more. Greek Mythology is as relevant as Cirque Du Freak and 100 times more frightening when it is pulled from it's traditional source. Just like many fairy tales are darker than the "disneyfied" versions we know, most myths have been watered down or changed by Hollywood.

As for the gorgons having wings, I have two links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgon

Well there ya go you learn something new everyday :)

Well greek mythology is relevant to teens because of Ther Percy Jackson Series and because they remade Clash of the Titans. And they made God of War. so yes mythology is relevant to teens. And while the event wouldnt be creepy to me like i previously posted i would go.

I remember someone got a pretty damn clear audio recording of it just as last year ended. I'll try to dig it up.

So I asked Reaper about the Shadows from the Past music (My post seems to have been deleted?????) but here's what he said:

The Shining - The 101 Strings Orchestra *available on iTunes

They only used that track for the music for the Shadows From The Past scarezone.

Was this it? It'd have to be. Sounds like it...

It was also on that car commercial. I always turn up the volume on the tv really loud when it comes on.

sorry to break you bubble, but during our Q&A during secrets of the side show tour a few years back, we were told that HHN's target audience is college age and up, ie drinking age, HOS's target audience is teens and Disney's target audience is little kids. so HHN s is not designed with teens in mind. granted alot of teenagers go to HHNs, but it's target audience is 21 - 30.

nothing personal, but I like that it is designed for adults, there are plently of kid things to do in Orlando it's nice to have an event designed with us adults in mind.

Jim

sorry to break you bubble, but during our Q&A during secrets of the side show tour a few years back, we were told that HHN's target audience is college age and up, ie drinking age, HOS's target audience is teens and Disney's target audience is little kids. so HHN s is not designed with teens in mind. granted alot of teenagers go to HHNs, but it's target audience is 21 - 30.

nothing personal, but I like that it is designed for adults, there are plently of kid things to do in Orlando it's nice to have an event designed with us adults in mind.

Jim

Sorry, but I wouldn't accept that idea. HOS and HHN have the same core target audience and I would say that's teen through young adult. Most nights at HHN more closely resemble a tween sleep over than they do a frat party.

A thought on the scene names that may have already been expressed and I missed it. It's possible, somewhat even likely, that the identifers we have now are only code names for the actual scene names just like the code names for the houses last year. Perhaps these are no more descriptive than that.

Sorry, but I wouldn't accept that idea. HOS and HHN have the same core target audience and I would say that's teen through young adult. Most nights at HHN more closely resemble a tween sleep over than they do a frat party.

A thought on the scene names that may have already been expressed and I missed it. It's possible, somewhat even likely, that the identifers we have now are only code names for the actual scene names just like the code names for the houses last year. Perhaps these are no more descriptive than that.

so you are telling me that the person from creative that told me this was lying, sorry but I asked him the same question last year as he was on my UTH tour last year, and HHN has too much alcohol that their target would be young adults who can't drink it.

USO makes to much money on alcohol that they will never cut it out, and the event I hope will continue to be created for the people who are old enough to drink said adult beverages. the tickets say PG-13. and lastly I think TJ knows the target audeince of his favorite event.

so you can accept the idea or not but it is a fact that HHN's target audeince is collage age 21 - 30. they make too much $ on the alcohol not to target the audeince that will be drinking. they make around $4 million just on alcohol during HHNs.

ThreeCircles how many years have you been going to HHN, and have you ever done the UTH tour?

this year will be my 8th year in a row, and I have not missed a UTH tour, and the year they didn't do the tour I was there on the final night and was able to do the LT and had the Q&A with creative and that large group of fans.

that said I think my information comes from a creditable source

see you in 105 days

Jim

I'm extremely excited for some Greek Mythology. As for it not being relevant for teens... PLEASE!!!! Wizard of Oz probably wasn't relevant for them either, but that didn't make it any less scary two years ago. They can do so much with Greek Mythology and I am happy that it gets a soundstage!!! House of the year?

I didn't get a chance to go that year, but could this greek stuff possibly have to do with the Terra Queeen instead?

I'm still waiting for a reply to this question since I'd like to know too. I didn't go that year either (my first year was 2008) so I don't know much about her story & whatnot. They may be totally unrelated, I honestly don't know.

What's the Offical event name?

From what I read it was "Halloween Horror Nights XX" as for a subtitle, I don't know.

What's the Offical event name?

Nothing official as of yet. Shadows of the past has been speculated but not confirmed.

HHNAmber...

I guess anything is possible. After all the Terra queen does look like Medusa to a degree. If the room names are coded too... it will be a first as the names have always refered to what is going on.

Edited by JWFearman